• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

I've recently shot the Springfield XD .45, Taurus PT145, Glock 22 .40, and an off brand 9mm. All of them are sub-compactish semi auto weapons. What I've decided on is polymer framed 9mm pistol from Dr. Evil's home country. I haven't made the transaction yet so I won't say more on it.

I absolutely did not like the Glock. The 9mm was a total peice but actually shot very accurately, its a gun that a friend got for free so its the perfect weapon to use for self defense as you aren't going to care when the cops keep it. The Taurus and the XD are both nice and the XD is the nicer gun but for the money the Taurus is an awesome gun that shoots just as nice. I also like all of the safety features on it because of my 3yr old.

I decided the higher ammo capacity of the 9mm, along with the slightly smaller profile, greater ease of target re-aquisition after firing, plus lower ammo cost was worth me going down to a 9mm for my personal carry. I'll spend the money on some good quality hollow points to keep in it just to make up for the smaller round compared to the .45 I had originally been seeking out.

Shooting the 3 different calibers I'll say this. 9mm or .45 are the 2 I prefer for ease of shooting. The .40 (granted a different weapon platform) was a fair amount harder to bring back on target. It also worked my wrist more. The .45 was heavier but more controllable and with less muzzle rise. The 9mm was actually very easy to control despite the crappiness of the gun. Don't ask me what brand pistol it was either because I have no idea. I just know it was a junk gun but still shot very accurately for me.

Oh yeah, and screw an AR or AK. Thanks to Skully I'm getting this:
sks-bullpup-stock-kit-crop-520x270.png

I absolutely did not like the Glock,

I really, really didn't want to like my Glock 17. I mean it's ugly, it's plastic, it has no soul. But I'll be damned if that thing isn't just natural for me. I extend my arm and shoot, there's the hole. It's even better when I put the new trigger bar in.

I need to give my 92FS a lot more range time to try to get up to flush with it, I really want to like the 92 better than the Glock.

So any Recomendations for a concealed carry? Lookin for a semi auto. There are so many options out there. Just lookin for some to check out.

That depends on how large of a gun you can conceal comfortably, price range, and ergos. I know a lot of people cringe when they hear "Kel-Tec", but I like my PF-9. It's one of the thinnest, if not the thinnest, 9mm guns available at .88" wide. It's 7+1 capacity. It's not comfortable to shoot for long periods due to it's small size and light weight, so it's definitely not a range gun that gets shot every week. They've got some real nice looking colors/barrel finishes lately. The trigger is actually very good for a sub-$300 double action only gun. It's smooth and doesn't take a strongman to squeeze it. I saw some up at 5280 Armory that looked real nice with desert tan frame and a Cerakote slide of the same color. You can get them on Gunbroker for <$300 all day long.

2356089_pf-9-t-t.jpg

pix818266601.jpg

Last edited:
I really, really didn't want to like my Glock 17. I mean it's ugly, it's plastic, it has no soul. But I'll be damned if that thing isn't just natural for me. I extend my arm and shoot, there's the hole. It's even better when I put the new trigger bar in.

I need to give my 92FS a lot more range time to try to get up to flush with it, I really want to like the 92 better than the Glock.

I didn't like the Glock because it didn't feel good I'm my hand at all. I also wasn't able to shoot it accurately. Now if that was soley because of the weapon or partly because of the different round I can't really say. I have only shot the one Glock and it's also the only .40 I've shot.

I've settled on the 9mm pistol I'm getting now. I know I want a .45 later, probably a "full size" pistol instead of a sub compact. I'm still open as to what that gun happens to be. The only thing I have against the Glocks is their lack of a safety. It's also what I don't like about the XD. I'm sorry but some little buttons that are automatically depressed when you put your hand on the weapon is not a safety in my mind. A safety to me is a completely separate button, lever, etc that unless utilized the weapon will not fire no matter how many times you try to pull the trigger. Either the trigger doesn't move or it doesn't do anything when you do pull it. That's probably my military mindset but it's how I feel about it.

Who is Dr. Evil?

I was so dreaming of the Kel Tec AR 5.56mm Pistol but I came across this today;

LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower (Pistol)

I could build a custom pistol for almost the same price as the Kel Tec using AR stuff????? Hmm??? Can I live with the reverse penis sticking out the back??????

Im not a ruger fan for any reason that i cannot shoot a ruger pistol to save my life.(revolvers are different story)

I love Rugers. I also have an SR9c. Bar none the best trigger of any semi auto I've ever owned.

RUGER makes a fine revolver, some of the best in the business. I had a SP-101 5 shot in .357 mag and I currently have a Stainless Super Redhawk in .44 mag with a big 7" barrel. If I can't take anything down with 6 rounds of .44 magnum I can beat them to death with it then reload and the thing would still be rock solid. :patriot:

I use to have P90 9mm back in the early 90's and the thing felt and sounded like it would rattle apart brand new out of the box. You could shake it in one hand and it would sound like screws in a jar. The trigger felt and sounded like a 100 year old granny popping and cracking as she gets out of the rocker. Traded it towards a 1911, never looked back.

Now that was more than a decade ago and maybe RUGER refined their semi auto pistol line-up, my wifes new LC9 is really tight in fact it is too tight she struggles with pulling down the safety. Need to oil it and work it until it frees up a little. The verdict is still out on it until she can shoot it.

Who is Dr. Evil?

I was so dreaming of the Kel Tec AR 5.56mm Pistol but I came across this today;

LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower (Pistol)

I could build a custom pistol for almost the same price as the Kel Tec using AR stuff????? Hmm??? Can I live with the reverse penis sticking out the back??????

Dr Evil:
dr-evil-uses-a-mac.jpg

And no, you don't want that gay arse penis thing on the back of your pistol. The Keltec is worth the extra pennies.

Cheek rest and flash compensator installed
60404259.jpg

d86e4b88.jpg

Dr Evil:

And no, you don't want that gay arse penis thing on the back of your pistol. The Keltec is worth the extra pennies.

Well I added up all the parts cost and it would run me close to $700, so the Kel Tec is cheaper by around $130 ducks.

Cheek rest and flash compensator installed

Did you order the SGwerks bull pup kit? You bought all this fancy stuff for you current set up and the compensator and red dot is the only thing you will be able to transfer over. :conceited

BTW you must have painted more of the stock now, Troy was right, looks like a Van Halen guitar............................

My Ruger Mk II .22, bull barrel, is a great auto pistol, but it is only a .22.

Now that was more than a decade ago and maybe RUGER refined their semi auto pistol line-up, my wifes new LC9 is really tight in fact it is too tight she struggles with pulling down the safety. Need to oil it and work it until it frees up a little. The verdict is still out on it until she can shoot it.

I've bought three Ruger semi autos in the last three years. A P345, that 9mm and just a couple weeks ago a new S22.

All are tight, shoot great and are more than reliable.

Everybody has their reasons for what particular brand of guns they like. It's no different than Chevy, Ford, Dodge.

I haven't purchased the SGWerks setup yet as I already made a deal with this guy I know for a pistol of some sort and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me having to back out because I ordered the conversion kit.

I already posted the pic of my stock after adding in the tan. I'm already contemplting changing it again. I like my quasi camo setup but its a little too busy for my liking.

Goodluck with the competition there Mike. I might have missed it but what weapon system and caliber are you shooting?

Goodluck with the competition there Mike. I might have missed it but what weapon system and caliber are you shooting?

Thanks. I shoot an M&P 9mm with Apex Tactical drop-in trigger parts, and Warren Tactical/Sevigny comp sights. I currently have a standard 4.25" barrel model, but I'm thinking about trying to find a 5" model and swap in my trigger parts/sights. They're real hard to find though. If I find a 5" model I'll give this one over to my wife and get her into playing games too.

Back