• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Why is that mag release sticking out so far? Did you do that on purpose to have easy access?

That is the difference between a rifle and a felony here ;)

Per our Assault Weapon Ban it's bad stuff if it's either listed or a centerfire semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine that meets some criteria (pistol grip, flash hider, others). So what you do is get around it. Some go featureless, no pistol grip, no flash hiders, no VFG, etc. Others go with non-detachable magazines and can then run evil features.

A detachable magazine is defined as a magazine that requires no tools to remove from the weapon, a bullet tip is specifically called out as a valid tool.

So that is called a bullet button. That's a cooler that fits into the receiver, there is a small castle nut inside that fits on the mag catch. To insert the magazine you just push like normal, to release it you have to push in on the middle portion with a tool. With this setup I can run the features, I cannot put a magazine with a capacity over ten rounds in this rifle though as a fixed magazine over ten rounds also triggers the law.

Bizarre, yes. But the AR population of California is huge now because of these work around. The nice part is it takes about five minutes to revert to standard when I visit other states.

That is the difference between a rifle and a felony here ;)

Per our Assault Weapon Ban it's bad stuff if it's either listed or a centerfire semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine that meets some criteria (pistol grip, flash hider, others). So what you do is get around it. Some go featureless, no pistol grip, no flash hiders, no VFG, etc. Others go with non-detachable magazines and can then run evil features.

A detachable magazine is defined as a magazine that requires no tools to remove from the weapon, a bullet tip is specifically called out as a valid tool.

So that is called a bullet button. That's a cooler that fits into the receiver, there is a small castle nut inside that fits on the mag catch. To insert the magazine you just push like normal, to release it you have to push in on the middle portion with a tool. With this setup I can run the features, I cannot put a magazine with a capacity over ten rounds in this rifle though as a fixed magazine over ten rounds also triggers the law.

Bizarre, yes. But the AR population of California is huge now because of these work around. The nice part is it takes about five minutes to revert to standard when I visit other states.

OH yeah I forgot you were in "Communist California" where pistol grips, bayonet lugs, large magazines, and flash suppressors where from the DEVIL himself..................

I hate that word assault weapon, .............did I mention that before??? Who ever came up with that word I would like to do retro active beat down on them.................

Nope, we have nothing against bayonets or bayonet lugs, that was federal AWB shit.

The law isn't good, don't get me wrong there. It just isn't as bad as some other states and is so porous now that I can't see if standing a whole hell've a lot longer.

Nope, we have nothing against bayonets or bayonet lugs, that was federal AWB shit.

The law isn't good, don't get me wrong there. It just isn't as bad as some other states and is so porous now that I can't see if standing a whole hell've a lot longer.

Okay yeah that was the dreadful ban '94. Glad it is over now. It doesnt make any sense "it looks evil, therefore we need to ban it."

Hopefully Cali can overturn or drop it or what ever.

I need to get me one of these, the best accessory mod ever for my picatinny rail.

[SIZE=+2]Ace Rail Hook Sling Mount/Tactical Bottle Opener[/SIZE]

A215.png

Going back, I don't see why people are so concerned with a rounds ability at 1000m + in terms of an "assault" type rifle. We're talking about a weapon in use by the majority of a military force. I know I ain't going to hit shit at 1000m with my M16. The army doesn't even train for that distance of shooting. The farthest out target on the weapons qual range is 300m and most of us don't even bother with it as you can barely see the thing when it pops up, let alone hit it.

Even before now I highly doubt there are a lot of engagements beyond the 500m mark, and with most modern combat taking place in urban environments thats even less likely.

Thats why I don't see a major advantage for the AR over the AK. I'll give the AR the long range accuracy advantage. Sub-300 meters though I just don't see it. Give me some more time with the SKS and I bet I'll get a higher score in the weapons qual range with it too. I don't see the AK being much different, hopefully mike will let me shoot his so I can see for myself.

Give me a bullet with superior ability to penetrate body armor and leave big nasty holes in people (i.e. tumble and fragment) at the normal combat range of 0 - 400m. Anything farther out is what snipers and .308 is for.

Going back, I don't see why people are so concerned with a rounds ability at 1000m + in terms of an "assault" type rifle. We're talking about a weapon in use by the majority of a military force. I know I ain't going to hit shit at 1000m with my M16. The army doesn't even train for that distance of shooting. The farthest out target on the weapons qual range is 300m and most of us don't even bother with it as you can barely see the thing when it pops up, let alone hit it.

Even before now I highly doubt there are a lot of engagements beyond the 500m mark, and with most modern combat taking place in urban environments thats even less likely.

Thats why I don't see a major advantage for the AR over the AK. I'll give the AR the long range accuracy advantage. Sub-300 meters though I just don't see it. Give me some more time with the SKS and I bet I'll get a higher score in the weapons qual range with it too. I don't see the AK being much different, hopefully mike will let me shoot his so I can see for myself.

Give me a bullet with superior ability to penetrate body armor and leave big nasty holes in people (i.e. tumble and fragment) at the normal combat range of 0 - 400m. Anything farther out is what snipers and .308 is for.

I agree most combat is under 300 meters and more hovering around the 100 meter mark.

Wikipedia has a good entry about the history of the 5.56mm Nato.

5.56mm is good for up 500 meters, but not a lot a energy at that distance. The good traits is the round is it is fast and accurate. Going back in the history when it first made entry is interesting. 5.56mm is derived from the .223 remington, which was considered a "Varmint Cartridge" for small game. Accuracy means everything, you can have the most deadly round and still only wound the enemy. 5.56mm has little recoil and is overall light. Military found out soldiers where hitting more accurate than 5.56mm than with .308.

However military also has to be limped, full metal jackets which are considered bottom of the chart for ballistic damage. I bet you ballistic tip hollow points in the military rifles would increase the kill factor, damn Geneva convention. :D

7.62x39 russian is a great close range round but starts to topple at 300 meters, accurate it is not. The round itself and the rifles designed to shoot where never made for sub-MOA accuracy. Even the infamous sniper rifle "Dragunov" used a different round 7.62x54mm

.308 is a great solid old boy, but it has its limitations as the Military found that out as well. The .308/7.62x51mm just doesnt cut it anymore at the 1000 meter mark for barrier and modern penetration. Which is why the military recently decided to upgrade to .300 Winchester magnum for the M24 Sniper rifle.

In the end it is what you like to shoot, where you get ammo and the whol shu-bang.

Last edited:
Hopefully Cali can overturn or drop it or what ever.

if the big one hits, floods all the low lying areas killing 95% of the liberal minded people living in that state leaving only the red neck hillbillies living in the deserts and mountains, they "might" vote for some reasonable law makers who have more common sense. Till that happens the chances of California overturning any stupid law is less than zero.

if the big one hits, floods all the low lying areas killing 95% of the liberal minded people living in that state leaving only the red neck hillbillies living in the deserts and mountains, they "might" vote for some reasonable law makers who have more common sense. Till that happens the chances of California overturning any stupid law is less than zero.

Who said anything about lawmakers having a say in whether that law gets overturned?

I might be moving to Cali but if they think I'm not going to retain my slowly growing collection if weapons they've got another thing coming.

The big problem is all the Liberals in LA pretty much control the state. It's just a matter of numbers. Those that live in the central regions can be as republican as they want, but LA controls the vote.

I might be moving to Cali but if they think I'm not going to retain my slowly growing collection if weapons they've got another thing coming.

If you do move to California let me know; I'll help you make sure your collection is in compliance so you can enjoy it openly (and set up as easily reversible).

There isn't much that you just plain cannot bring into the state.

I will definitely hit you up if it happens.

I'm fine just keeping it all hidden in my bunker...... I mean basement.... and not letting the Liberal Nation of Cali Gov't know anything about it.

Ah yes, the Kel Tec PLR16. Makes a lot more sense than any of the other .223 pistols out there since it has no buffer tube or recoil spring hanging back (spring is in with the piston).

I only know so much about it because I'd like to get an SU-16CA for the Jeep.

Ah yes, the Kel Tec PLR16. Makes a lot more sense than any of the other .223 pistols out there since it has no buffer tube or recoil spring hanging back (spring is in with the piston).

I only know so much about it because I'd like to get an SU-16CA for the Jeep.

I really want a 5.56mm pistol for a PDW and the regular AR pistols with the large ass buffer tube is ugly i agree with you. I really like the kel Tec pistol, even uses AR magazines. The hello kitty theme......not so much.

So any Recomendations for a concealed carry? Lookin for a semi auto. There are so many options out there. Just lookin for some to check out.

.380 or .40 find a brand you like and go find one that is comfortable in your hands.

Back