• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Oh cool, my buddy actually has an M&P 9. I haven't shot it yet, but I want to.

It's the best semi-auto <$600 IMO. I would buy another or two in a heartbeat. The stock trigger is OK. A little gritty, but not too heavy. Reset could be better. With $70-$100 in aftermarket drop in parts, the trigger is the nicest I've shot with the exception of some >$1k 1911s.

I should have some new photos tomorrow.

I bumped into an Irish Contract Lee Enfield rifle built in 1954. In honor of Saint Patrick's day it came home with me.

What is your knowledge of Enfields?

I have this one my grandpapa had passed down and I think there is certain things missing for it to work.

Last edited:
Well, what does it not do?

I won't say I'm particularly knowledgable about them but I do have a serviceable rifle now and screwdriver. Through a process of elimination I'd bet w can narrow it down.

Anybody here have a Galil? I've been looking into AR alternatives and came across it. Seems like a good alternative and while a bit more than an AK its cheaper than the AR and can be made to run the same mags. Its 5.56 also. I'm also intrigued by the FAL.

This ugly thing?

DSC_0094-3.jpg

I don't know why anybody would want one of those POS guns.

I really really really really want a wood furniture FAL.

Thats one sweet little gun you got there, but what really interests me is that whiskey. :D

Anybody here have a Galil? I've been looking into AR alternatives and came across it. Seems like a good alternative and while a bit more than an AK its cheaper than the AR and can be made to run the same mags. Its 5.56 also. I'm also intrigued by the FAL.

Considering they were plentiful during the pre ban era and after disappeared if you can find an original IMI (Israel Military Industries) GALIL and not a Century Arms half assed version for under $1300 you will be lucky. Right now on Gunsamerica there are 3 originals and the lowest price is $1300 and the highest is $3,399.................... I would just make a Made in the USA AR. :rolleyes:

Also from the reputation Century Arms has I would stay clear of their catalog of firearms. They cut many corners to legally bring in some of their guns at the price they do.

One of the reasons you don't have original IMI Uzi's or Galil's is the ATF code 922r "It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under the…[GCA]…Section 925(d)(3).as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes …. "

You have to have at least 8 working main parts of the firearm to be made in the USA or it would be allowed in the country if it is on the list of prohibited firearms. For example you have a legal AR and you replaced parts of the rifle with foreign made components you would be in violation of 922r and a hefty fine. This is the reason you don't see many of the original imported firearms we saw before the ban of '94.

Last edited:
Well, what does it not do?

I won't say I'm particularly knowledgable about them but I do have a serviceable rifle now and screwdriver. Through a process of elimination I'd bet w can narrow it down.

I think it is all there, not sure what year it is as I can not decipher the weird stamps on the rifle. I know the one I have the barrel is stubbed right at the end of the stock. When I open the bolt and look down in to the mag (which I can also remove there is not spring follower or nothing. Make me believe it is missing some parts. Unless the bolt going forward uses Jedi powers to lift the round up and loads????

Take a shot of yours looking down threw the bolt and the mag......

It sounds ilke you have a SMLE (smelly).

The magazine indeed has a spring and follower, you can see the follower in the above open bolt photo but here are some more of just the magazine. I took it apart to show all parts. Learning how to take stuff apart is fun ;)

Mag Body.
IMG_0072.jpg

Taking it apart.
IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Does yours look like this?
IMG_0076.jpg

Back together again.
IMG_0077.jpg

Numrich has a repop mag. for $32,you can also find them on eBay. If I were in your place I'd get the eBay one assuming your magazine body is numbers matched to the rifle. Then I'd use the internals from the replacement in your mag. body.

Considering they were plentiful during the pre ban era and after disappeared if you can find an original IMI (Israel Military Industries) GALIL and not a Century Arms half assed version for under $1300 you will be lucky. Right now on Gunsamerica there are 3 originals and the lowest price is $1300 and the highest is $3,399.................... I would just make a Made in the USA AR. :rolleyes:

Look Matt, I want a 5.56mm carbine/assault rifle that uses a piston return on the bolt. So use your little gun nerd skills and find me one. :D

I've already owned an AR. It was a Colt 16" short barrel w/ removable carrying handle and collapsable stock. I owned it for 2 yrs and never shot the thing. I'm alround M16's 24-7 and they just aren't that cool to me. I've seen plenty of variants that people have built (including yours) that are sweet looking, but they just don't do it for me. I want something different than the run of the mill AR that every Tom, Dick, and Larry already have.

Last edited:
Look Matt, I want a 5.56mm carbine/assault rifle that uses a piston return on the bolt. So use your little gun nerd skills and find me one. :D

Then build one then, you can build jeeps all day but cant build an AR. :gag:

Here you go dutch;

Spikes Tactical "jolly roger" lower $140
CMMG build kit $65
MAGPUL GRIP+ OD Green $25
MAGPUL MOE stock OD Green $56
Carbine buffer tube kit $48
Yankee Hill Machine Upper M4 $107
Yankee Hill Machine BCG $125
Bravo Company charging handle $45
Spikes Tactical 16" Mid Length Barrel $200
Adam Arms mid length Gas piston kit $300
A2 Bird Cage Flash Hider $18
Barrel Nut & Delta ring $40
MAGPUL MOE Mid Handguard OD Green $30
Primary Arms Micro Dot with riser $95
MAGPUL Rear MBUS Sight $55
Yankee Hill Machine Rail height Front Sight $55

TOTAL = $1404

Or you can just buy a RUGER SR556 with gas piston for $1300

SIG 556 is cheaper and looks way cooler than any lame arse AR:

sig_556_classic_swat_1.jpg

The beauty of an AR is parts are everywhere! SIG, FN, & H&K refined the AR platform and made them piston system but they do not use the parts of an AR.

Imagine when you break a part and have to go to SIG to get it replaced? AR platform parts are again everywhere.

I talk to one of my guys at the local Jax Sports, was very pleasure shooting the shit with him. He was a LEO in a small town and got burned out. He was part of the small town tactical swat team and got a FN SCAR as his main duty rifle. He said he really loved the rifle but something with the bolt carrier went wrong and he had to ship his SCAR to FN, he was without his rifle for almost 2 months. He decided he to buy an AR instead and never had a problem. Imagine being the only guy in a small group during the Zombie apocolypse and you had the only non-AR. You buddies all had ARs, parts EVERYWHERE to replace worn out broken ones. WHo is zombie bait now????

Read this article Dutch,
lq.png
rq.png
The Big M4 Myth: “Fouling caused by the direct impingement gas system makes the M4/M4A1 Carbine unreliable.”

Thats why I carry back-up weapons and can just grab an M4 off the hundreds of dead soldiers if that were to happen. :D

That is a good article but doesn't address my other primary issue with the AR family of rifles. Evry swinging Dick out there has one. Not counting Zombie Apocolypse time I want something that is a bit more unique than what everybody else is shooting.

I've decided, I want the SIG 556 Classic SWAT. After I get that I might build be a cheap little AR to keep in the SHTF bag.

Last edited:
Back