• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

After the PUNISHER AR I built I wanted to do another AR but in an alternative caliber. Heavily leaning towards 6.8 SPC I was researching other calibers and became very intrigued by the .300 BLACKOUT round. I could go into depth myself but just read the info on this site: http://300aacblackout.com/

Essential the round was designed for supersonic and subsonic (silencer) use. Their game plan was develop a .30 caliber launched by a standard AR using all the 5.56 mm parts, including the magazines at 30rds, only difference is the barrel. (like duh!?)

It has Supersonic rounds with similar ballistics to the russian 7.62x39mm and even exceeds the 7.62x39mm at 300 meters. Perfect! Subsonic I probably wont use since I am skeemish over the steps to get a silencer.

Here is the .300 Blackout (left) next to the standard 5.56mm (right).

R300BLK-L556.jpg

I again used SPIKE's tactical Lower receiver & Bolt Carrier group. Aero Precision upper reciever, ER Shaw 16" .300 blackout heavy barrel, TROY Ind 11" free float VTAC battlerail, low profile gas block. Yankee Hill Phantom flash hider, MAGPUL stock, grip, angled foregrip, PMAGs, and BUIS sights, Noveske K-9 Barricade support, and multi-postion flashlight mount. THis time however my funds were low to do another Eotech so I found this great little Aimpoint clone, it is really nice and considered weapons grade. Also added the 3x magnifier.

BLKOUT3001.jpg

BLKOUT3002.jpg

BLKOUT3003.jpg

BLKOUT3004.jpg

Now I cant wait to build up ammo and go shoot!!!

Last edited:
Another toy I had picked up and fell in love with, is a Springfield XD-9 in OD green (color coordinates with my Dad's AR in OD green, yes I am a dork)

I shouldn't have picked this up, but for the killer price i couldnt resist, but now I need to replenish the money side, which is why I am selling my .45 Witness now. Oh well..........

XD-92.jpg

I love the V10 ported factory barrel! Eats up the +P+ loads like it was nothing!

XD-91.jpg

Thanks to Mike I was actually motivated to play with the SKS

Figured out how to take it apart and started looking for parts online.

9f08e5a8.jpg

a56562ef.jpg

8318f7f0.jpg

Found out that parts are pretty damn cheap. I'm going to get the check rest and shoulder pad missing from my stock, a black upper heat shield, a pin on flash suppressor/compensator, and a bi-pod that attaches to the bayonet mount all for like 60$ shipped. I'm also going to get a few more mags for it but think I'll go to 20rnd ones instead of the 30 like the one I have.

I want to find a cheap little 2x scope for it too. Mainly to have something easier to look through than the stock sights. Also just for the looks.

I was amazed at just how simple the thing was to take apart. Not that an AR is complicated but this thing is so easy a caveman could do it.

I was amazed at just how simple the thing was to take apart. Not that an AR is complicated but this thing is so easy a caveman could do it.

Exactly! Very similar to AK. Easy enough for a brainwashed, commi conscript to maintain in the field. Ruskies knew what they were doing.

Figured out how to remove the gas tube, it was stupid easy. I like how the gas pushes on a piston that then moves the bolt back instead of pushing all of that gas back into the weapon like an AR. Oh, and to remove the gas tube you just flip a lever and pull up. :rolleyes: Stupid easy.

So this is my ak. Pretty basic. Hate the handguard and need adjustable stock. Otherwise run of the mill AK.
2012-02-04_145556-1.jpg

This is my CZ. 75B chambered in 9mm. Quite possibly my favorite pistol ever. I still suck with pistols...just not as much with this one.
2012-02-08_165408.jpg

This is the Usual outing for me and my younger brother. (who owns ass with cowboy guns)
facebook_63883jpg.jpg

^ A buddy of mine has an ultra compact AK w/ the fold under stock. The damn thing is so small its funny. Despite that is still weighs a shit ton though. :shrug: I want to get an AK for myself, but I also long to own another AR.

I just spent 25$ and got a manual, cheek rest, flash suppressor, and composite handguard. :D

Last edited:
I found a magazine release extender for 5$ but the fokers want 10$ for shipping. :rolleyes:

Any of you guys that shoot. If you shoot brass and don't reload ill gladly keep your brass from ya :D

Grandpa reloads a good variety, anxiously awaiting his arrival this spring so I can learn how to reload and get to work.

tell you what, I'll give you all of my 7.62 brass to reload if you give it back to me ready to shoot again. :D

Ewwww on brass 7.62.....

Its a cheap Russian gun getting cheap Russian ammo. Hardly cost effective to reload 7.62 with how well the ak shoots the crappy ammo.
.223 on the other hand....that's easier to justify lol

for you guys that build the ar's up:
You guys build each one with different purpose or same basic idea?

Maybe I'll take some photos of some of mine someday. Last year I inherited a 1902 Model 1897 Marlin .22 lever gun from my late grandfather. It's so cool and a classic.

I mainly shoot pistol and intend to compete in IDPA a bit this summer. My buddy and I are going to run the IDPA classifier in a few weeks to see where we stand.

A video of my buddy at a "competition night" at the BluCore Shooting Center. He killed this drill and beat us all by a few seconds at least...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWDOU6UuZMU&list=UUWso7mDJ3CP95NIEbYwxFZw&index=2&feature=plcp

And my first appearance in a youtube video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__aubnX8vs&list=UUWso7mDJ3CP95NIEbYwxFZw&index=7&feature=plcp

That particular drill was 10 seconds, as many shots as possible to the A zone of an IDPA target. I had 17rd mags, and got off 34 rounds with 2 misses. I was out and looking to reach for my third mag as time expired. I beat two former SEAL team members/owners/trainers at the range. It was a lot of fun. :)

Hope you guys don't mind my jumping into your chapter to read this thread.

I've been around firearms since I was a wee one. My collection started more recently though.
gun002.jpg

This is my first pistol. I've got a few other weapons I need to get photos of. I'll be sure to post them up too.

I've been thinking of doing an AR within the next couple years. I'd like to do something relatively simple. A shorter police-tactical style M4 with red dot optics, adjustable stock and forward flashlight grip. It's just a matter of monies.

rugerlaser.jpg

My most recent purchase. A Ruger .380 LCP with a Laserlyte sight. It's my current carry gun.

Last edited:
I love the V10 ported factory barrel! Eats up the +P+ loads like it was nothing!

XD-91.jpg

Sure wish they'd let us carry ported barrel guns on duty........ I just don't understand government thinking...... if it helps you stay on target, what's the harm? :mad:

But it makes me wonder..... why doesn't a ported barrel take away from the velosity of the bullet? Seems you're losing pressure behind the bullet......... :dunno:

Last edited:
Sure wish they'd let us carry ported barrel guns on duty........ I just don't understand government thinking...... if it helps you stay on target, what's the harm? :mad:

Not sure why either???

You know what is funny about idiot warnings and disclaimers?

There is an etched warning on the top of the barrel that says "beware of HOT gases" In the owners manual it talks about possible BURNS if hand is placed on top..........................UH HELLO! I have more problems than hot burning gas if I am placing my hand on TOP of the pistol while firing..........like DUH?!?!

Reminds me of a long time ago Dad and I were members of the Firing Line in Aurora. We were there to do a little plinking on the members side and watched some idiot who apparently never really owned a gun bought himself a Beretta 92 and got free range time............... without teaching assistance he broke his thumb as he placed it directly BEHIND the slide when he went to go fire......... ouch......

But it makes me wonder..... why doesn't a ported barrel take away from the velosity of the bullet? Seems you're losing pressure behind the bullet......... :dunno:

From what I understand by reading technical reviews it does not really diminish any energy at the muzzle as by the time the gas is exiting the (10) little holes on top the projectile has already left the building under whatever muzzle energy was produced. The ports on top throw the gas upwards to help keep the gun from rising too much.

Last edited:
Federal or State Gov't?

If its Federal, hehe, good luck on that. I imagine If you can answer why the Regular Army still carries M9s then you you'll solve your other question. We're not in the cold war era any longer and stopping and killing ballistics are more important than wounding ballistics. I've never seen a terrorist stop and preform aid on his buddy. Just saying.....

We have option to carry Berettas, Glocks or 1911s. Nothing tricked out with ported barrels but the internals are modified to reduce felt recoil. You will probably get a ~5% reduction on velocity, especially if your gettin on that trigger with +P loads, through a ported barrel. We cant carry that ammo. However, the ports do reduce felt recoil by a lot. I like them as well.

We have to stick to ball ammo and put recoil springs in weapon to reduce felt recoil. Along with trigger jobs and other gucci crap. Problem with certain mods is that they put weapons no longer in that mil-spec operating range and can be very dangerous for people who don't know what they're doing.

Anyways, this is my job and I get passionate about it so sorry if I came off the wrong way. I'm still waiting for Gas Piston weapons instead of our direct impingement to be issued to everyone.
My team has MK17s, the 7.62 SCARs, and they are nice but there are nicer 5.56 gas piston rifles out there. Sure 7.62 is better in a lot of ways but carry a SCAR and it's basic load for 18+ hours and tell me which you'd rather kick a door in with. Long story short, we need primary weapon system upgrades before secondary. $h!t, this last deployment I saw soldiers carrying M16s, WTF? That was June of 2011, btw, at the end of the "war".

Back