• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Had a great time with the SKS. It shot very well and with far less recoil than anticipated.

I have decided though that my next gun will be a .22 variant of some sort. Sending .25$ worth of ammo down range with every squeeze of the trigger is going to add up fast.

My buddy had a .22 HK MP5 and it was a blast.

Ya shooting .22 is definitely fun and cost effective. The lil mosquito pistol we were shooting was a blast.....aside from the fact it wouldn't even shake the metal targets :roflmao:

Oh yeah, that little .22 MP5 you could barely tell it was shooting with your ear plugs in.

Of course a .22 is easier to shoot, no recoil and less noise. Cheap yeah but I find it boring, just not a lot of fun in it.

I figure the more I shoot the big stuff the better I will get besides 5.56mm is super easy to shoot anyway and stay on target.

I got these cool reactive ballistic targets. They last for several sessions and fun to play target shoot games with, until they get too far out and you can barely see them. Then you have to go retrieve them and start over. :rolleyes:

TARGET-200.jpg

TARGET-203.jpg

The worse caliber I ever shot was actually 12 gauge magnum slugs after 8 rounds my shoulder was throbbing for hours.

Try that marlin with 510 grain reloads. Hoooooly Jesus. I could only week out 3 rounds over half hour

This is hopefully my next future gun, really really want it. The whole Scout Rifle concept finally packaged in a non-custom retail version ready to go in 7.62x51(.308) 10 round magazine. Sounds like what you just described there Dutch. Suggested places $650-$700 smacks the only problem is finding one in stock....................... RUGER Gunsite SCOUT RIFLE

6803.jpg

Everytime I go into Sportsmans Warehouse I pick one up and fondle it. They always seem to have them in stock.

I like the idea but I bet they kick like a flippin mule. They don't weigh anything.

Everytime I go into Sportsmans Warehouse I pick one up and fondle it. They always seem to have them in stock.

I like the idea but I bet they kick like a flippin mule. They don't weigh anything.

I haven't found one yet in stock in town and I don't want to pay $900+ for one.

Back