• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Here's some of mine:

DSA SA-58 (FAL)
P2280007.jpg

"Green Bean", my AK-47:
P2280005.jpg

Surefire-equipped Mossberg 590:
P2280012.jpg

AR-15 I'm building:
P2280010.jpg

Started with a stripped DPMS receiver (upper is an Aero Precision) and this is how far I've got.

For long range, Custom Mauser 98 chambered in .30 -.338 WinMag:
P1110006.jpg

Last edited:
My unit doesn't have a single M4 and I've never carried one in my 11yrs. Of course I was also a SAW gunner the majority of my career so I barely carried an M16 either. Now as an E6 I'm not allowed to carry the SAW, it's apparently beneath me. While the weight sucked I loved my 249, it was just awesome.

I hear yah. When I was the new junior bravo on my TM I had to carry the M249 as well. Just as well I loved and still do the weapon system. I was an E-6, lol. But in my unit, an E-6 is a PFC.
She was finicky but if you took care of her she could sing like a f-!ng bird.

To show off one of me new AR toys. After my dad passed away last year and I inherited his COLT Sporter and dressed it up a little I got the AR bug. Bought the STAG lower locally and the upper from STAG and dressed it up, but it wasn't enough (why I sold it.) I decided to build one from the ground up, every part, every piece.

I went with a typical 5.56mm 1:7 barrel, M4 feed ramps.

My new fav company SPIKE's Tactical I used their Lower PUNISHER receiver, Upper receiver, bolt carrier group, and 16" mid-length gas system barrel. TROY Ind. 13" free float VTAC Battlerail, low profile gas block and their Medieval flash suppressor. MAGPUL (good local Colorado company) Stock, grips, BUIS sights and PMAGS. Added on a cool multiple position flashlight mount, NOVESKE K-9 Barricade support, Eotech Holographic weapons sight and a 3x quick disconnect magnifier.

PunisherAR1.jpg

PunisherAR3.jpg

PunisherAR4.jpg

PunisherAR2.jpg

Another one of toys although this one the Desert Tan does not match my MAGPUL Flat Dark Earth, oh well, I tried to be color coordinated.

This is Fabrique Nationale FNP-9, it is a great little gun and in some ways I like it a little more than the XD simply because I am old school and like the old fashioned Hammer in the back.

Also one of my favorite knives I originally bought it as a present for my dad on X-mas. COLD STEEL still sharp after ten years and stabbing the neighbors to death (juz kidding!)

FNP-9-ColdSteel.jpg

Last edited:
This is my CZ. 75B chambered in 9mm. Quite possibly my favorite pistol ever. I still suck with pistols...just not as much with this one.
2012-02-08_165408.jpg

I love those grips, reminds me of my old Heavy Metal days back in the 80's early 90's and my white and black snake skin boots. :gee:

Anybody have any experiance with the TT-33 Pistol? Its basically Russia's version of the 1911. I'm thinking of picking one up.

Anybody have any experiance with the TT-33 Pistol? Its basically Russia's version of the 1911. I'm thinking of picking one up.
A little, it's stupid easy to breakdown. Like most things Russian, it's made of stamped metal ie. (AKs). Its 7.62x25mm i think, dunno if ammo is readily available round here. Probably cheap though.
How much if you don't mind? It's a nice collector piece and for an occasional shoot but don't expect to put too many through it as you'll likely break something, but hey,parts are prolly really cheap.

I haven't found one, I'm just thinking about it.

I would think having been a Russian military issue side-arm for over 5 decades (and also by China as a Model 54) that it would be plenty capable of having rounds put through it.

I'm just searching for a pistol thats simple and reliable w/ relatively cheap ammo. I prefer military based weapons as thats where my experiance is but I don't want a 9mm. I figured since I've got the SKS and plan on an AK next I might as well keep the Soviet theme going with a pistol.

Opinions on the Taurus PT145? Its the only pistol I've ever shot other than an M9 and I remember it being very easy to shoot. I actually just had to call my buddy up and ask him what gun it was and was shocked it was a .45 cal pistol. We were shooting at some 6x6 plates a good 20-25ft away and I had no problems hitting them. I do rember how loud it was though, I think its why my right ear is all messed up. :D

I have put a couple hundred rounds through one(Tokarev). I liked shooting it, as I do all new and foreign weapons, it's just not my cup. I think it is an excellent addition to a Russian collection. That and a PPsh(sp?) sub. Those are fun!
Like I said, it's crazy easy to disasseble and maybe a little too simple for me. Didn't have any issues with it, no malfunctions or major issues but I get a little uncomfortable with too simple u know.
AK is simple too but I've also put tens of thousands of rounds through various Kalishnakovs, so my pucker factor of 'I hope this old gun doesn't blow up in my hand' isn't there.
Personally never shot a Taurus auto loader, just a revolver. They are a reputable brand but I'm partial to Glocks and if you're looking for a .45 you won't regret getting a 1911. Lots of great brands out there.

Opinions on the Taurus PT145? Its the only pistol I've ever shot other than an M9 and I remember it being very easy to shoot. I actually just had to call my buddy up and ask him what gun it was and was shocked it was a .45 cal pistol. We were shooting at some 6x6 plates a good 20-25ft away and I had no problems hitting them. I do rember how loud it was though, I think its why my right ear is all messed up. :D

Why dont you just buy my Witness .45acp I have for sale! Got three mags and a nice FOBUS paddle holster. You and going for the exotic pistols.

Hey hey hey buddy. dont hate on the snake :D

I am not dissing them I said I like them, reminded me of an easier/simplier time in my life.

There is a couple companies making custom pattern AR furniture out of MAGPUL MOE stuff, one I saw was skulls zombie theme. Expensive though.......

ARR-984.jpg

Check out this link PISTOL BAYONETS

What is the purpose? I would be worried I would stab myself with it forgetting I have it attached. For those that do not want to click the linky;

pb_3_2_large.jpeg

Last edited:
The Russian pistol is just to keep the theme. The Taurus is because it's the only non-M9 pistol I've shot but I really liked it. Fits nicely in my hand and was very manageable. I was also pretty accurate with it despite my limited experience.

And obviously the pistol bayonet is for stabbing bitches. Dual wielding with those and you'd be the epitome of bad arse mother f'er

That .45 looks pretty cool and I'd love to put a few rounds through it just to get a feel for the thing. I'm not big on the finish though. I want a black or od finish on a pistol. Now your XD on the other hand...... :D

This AR I nicknamed "Mad Frenchman" after my father. He had it for a decade and didn't do anything with it. A standard fixed stock A2 COLT 20" Heavy Barrel HBAR match.

HEAVY sum-o-byatch! I don't like fixed stocks so I converted the back end to the Carbine stock and removed the detachable carry handle, added MAGPUL furniture and rear BUIS sight, a front bipod, with a 3-9x40 scope on top. Shaved almost 2 lbs off the beast. Smooth trigger and very accurate.

MADFRENCHMENAR4.jpg

MADFRENCHMENAR3.jpg

MADFRENCHMENAR2.jpg

MADFRENCHMENAR1.jpg

Back