• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EPIC FORDYCE RUN ,NO OTHER XJs

I may be up there that weekend with the family crew, my 89 xj, wife's wj, bro-in-laws waggy, and mother-in-laws jk. Never run fordyce, how bad is it? All the jeeps are on 35's, but the jk is open-open. I figure she may need a few tugs, but just guessing.

the Honda will make it to the news reel when they Helicopter your behind out,Lol actually it propably wouldn't make it to the 1st Water crossing . As for the JK on open diffs and 35s bring a strap . with a good spotter and few tugs you should be ok . A few years back I ran Fordyce on 31s and open diffs. My nephews XJ had some 28ish A/T tires on a 4.5" lift. A few folks who saw us on the trail were amazed we made it in that far. Lots of rock stacking and many pulls with a big strap. Now that was nuts!

i still remember that j in the news.
allen, i say invite any of the reno crew, everyone of them ive met has beem legit that drives a jeep. Shinobus Wj and his yj are sick . either one. any other reno guys going? jose jalapeno? now that he has a sick front end...

I would love to go, Thanks for the invite Jon. You know i have the Con next month. I need to get my junk ready.

i figured it was worth a shot.

so for those who are going are you taking friday off work and going up thursnight or going up friday am? or are you not taking friday off work and just heading up friday after work?
im just trying to see how much time off i need to take .

Jon,Taking two Weeks from the 24th so probably going to head out Friday morning or possibly Thursday night and stay at the cabin in Blue Canyon . If my buddy hasnt rented it out that will be my staging area . its more secure than the OHV site. The E350 and trailer will be parked there . Its close enough to the trail to get there and back quickly but not exposed to thieves and Greeny Terrorists . If all goes as planned like to run Driveline and 1st Water Crossing by noon and hopefully secure that really bitchn camp site rigt next to the creek up head. Once camp is set up we can meet folks at drivline as they come in . And caravan across the creek . That would be my idea of a kick ass start. Saturday is winch day! Sunday wrap up.

I stiil got some work to do on GW, steering is FUBAR, brakes work when they feel like it. Thank goodnees for gears and lockers otherwise I wouldn't have made it last time. I could really use some help figuring out the steeering . Not getting full turn to passenger and Im not sure I am centered right with the track bar. Ive been guessing up to this point.

is your steering centered? pop off drag link at pitman, find steering center, adjust draglink to steering center. go from there . look for play in the steering a nd trackbar while someone turns the wheel.

so for those who are going are you taking friday off work and going up thursnight or going up friday am? or are you not taking friday off work and just heading up friday after work?
im just trying to see how much time off i need to take .

i have friday to sunday off... i could take a half day thursday if ya want? i just wanna enjoy this trip not rush...

i have friday to sunday off... i could take a half day thursday if ya want? i just wanna enjoy this trip not rush...

yes i agree, i don't want to rush it at all . I can get friday off and meet you up thursday. I can head up after work on thursday, and possibly even get off early thursday if there is enough interest to start the trail sooner than friday morning, otherwise, if we aren't starting thursday night, ill just head up as soon as i can get off work.

ok Cabin is free , Ill be heading up to Blue Canyon Thursday night. Open invitation to meet up for pretrip, viddles & drinks overnight . Only a few miniutes before Eagle Lakes .Give me a heads up so I know how much food to bring up.

ya I'm down for that. i have no problem setting up my tent outside of the thing and just hanging out with you guys there.

Sounds like a plan just cant break anything . leaving the breaking for Fordyce!!

Jon check your vister messages my phone is having trouble using the PM function on this site . Rich

ya got them . replied.

I should be able to make this run but will have to come up sat morning. Depending on how far back you guys are i might just head in at committee and meet up

rob that'll be rad. keep us posted.

Back