• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EPIC FORDYCE RUN ,NO OTHER XJs

GREATWHITEJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Fordyce was fantastic, the Cherokee was a beast keeping up with my buddys SBC Wrangler on 37s . Only saw one other XJ camped ot just past the first water crossing . We wheeled almost half way to Cisco in the dark before making camp. lMy buddy likes to mash the skinny pedal so keeping up was not an easy task with an untested rig. Drive line Hill was as a hoot so much easier with lockers and gears. . .
Bypass the real nasty winch hill,but ran the rest. Got a few more dents and bent the snot out of the RC shackles . Fordyce really was a great test showed me what my rig can and can't do,what to fix and what to leave alone. All in all I was very happy with how the Jeep performed. My driving not so much . Came very close to rolling her over,put a rear tire off a ledge by mistake . Pace was a little insane didnt get a many photos of pics got a couple short video clips for some reason I cant get pics to load from my phone. Ill post photo bucket link if someone can make appear.Next time maybe we can get a few more XJs to show. The Yotas Buggies think they own the trail.

Next run is already penciled in AUG 31-Sept 2 got 2 XJS So far the Wrangler,and possibly a Toyota PU set to run.
Before the trip I got to take care of some minor issues , Steering is SNAFU,Brakes are not working right, shackles , Track bar braket brace to name a few. Need help getimg my steering to work right think I might need a longer drop Pitman arm.

haha hell ya josh. i plan on going soon. maybe we will roll with the great white aug 31st if he doesn't mind...

the only conflict is, that according to connor thats cantina for the con weekend. Im still down for fordyce that weekend though.

haha hell ya josh. i plan on going soon. maybe we will roll with the great white aug 31st if he doesn't mind...

Dont mind at all . Going to rolll up with the E350 and trailer so if we have a break down got at least one ride home for the unfortunate one. My Jeep is pretty much a towner but ii could drive it back to Sac push come to shove. This time out I want to roll casual and stop to smell the roses a little. Maybe drop a fishing line . Make camp early and throw down some grub. like to run a few hills after dark and have some caml fire brewz. Last weemend was fast and furious not a real camp out . Just nonstop wheeling.

Dont mind at all . Going to rolll up with the E350 and trailer so if we have a break down got at least one ride home for the unfortunate one. My Jeep is pretty much a towner but ii could drive it back to Sac push come to shove. This time out I want to roll casual and stop to smell the roses a little. Maybe drop a fishing line . Make camp early and throw down some grub. like to run a few hills after dark and have some caml fire brewz. Last weemend was fast and furious not a real camp out . Just nonstop wheeling.

yah i prefer to stop and camp and chill. sounds like you have the same ideas . I prefer not to nonstop wheel and actually enjoy the mountains...

oh aug haha!!! when you text me jon i thought it was in a few weeks... lol i was rushing afterwork today to start working on crap.... i may be in for the last weekend of augs.... jon you best be coming on my bday!

haha sorry allen i didnt realize i didnt put august haha. yah you got time. ill be on the con for your run too. i got a DD honda accord thing so im less worried about getting to work on a monday now...

well it sounds like allen and I are gonna be up there with ya, as long as flows aren't nuts...

Sweet!!

you running a snorkel? I have a tube that goes from the back of the box to the cowl, which helps a bit, and i can block off the front intake hole as well.

I have the spectre cowl induction . It could easily l be modified for snorkel duty. air from driverside cowl I could pull off the passenger cowl cove and install a tempory pvc snorkel directly to input. I plan on pulling carpet for this run ,got about am inch of water last weekend. Barely wet inside but enouh to soggy the carpet.

my air filter sits kinda low... will change it when the water comes... lol i invited shinobi in the wj if thats cool? he is talking about bring his yj on 40's

No problem been wanting to roll with a crew , Sucks being the only XJ . Comparing my heap to buggies and yotas is like Apples vs Oranges. This trip is going to Rock. got a few more tricks up my sleeve. Cant wait !!! Should be more fun than you can shake a stick at. So far every one in my crew gots winches and
rolling with locker and gears . Flow be dammed ,but dont want to end up in a News reel like that dumbass in the FJ a few years back.

i still remember that j in the news.
allen, i say invite any of the reno crew, everyone of them ive met has beem legit that drives a jeep. Shinobus Wj and his yj are sick . either one. any other reno guys going? jose jalapeno? now that he has a sick front end...

Back