• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things are looking up or how a couple of XJs gave me back my life

ZomBrady

Chubby Chaser Extraordinaire
NAXJA Member
So, I’m back after being gone for 14 years. I want to say thanks to the guys that helped me get my account reinstated.

I wanna apologize to the friends that I haven’t talked to in 14 years. My life stopped in 2012, and I stopped caring about pretty much anything. I stopped going out. I stopped talking to my friends. Everything cease to exist, except for me going to work and bringing home a paycheck to my family under a roof. It’s been next to impossible to get this point in my life. … but the funny thing is an XJ no 2X XJs help me glue some of the pieces back together.

A couple of years ago my wife and I happened to come across a beautiful 1999 four-door sport XJ. It’s fully optioned upcountry package, tinted windows, power seats, you name it. But it wasn’t running. It needed complete suspension rebuild, a new computer, etc… The kid who owned it I had no idea what he actually had or how to fix it. So we bought it for a song. And there it sat for the next five years.

Then, last year, I came across a complete basket case rust bucket of a 1993 two door, 4.05, speed XJ. It had been abused by its previous owners. And it has so much rust. I can put my foot through the floorboard on the passenger side. It’s a two door manual! With a 4.0! And suddenly last summer I was outside in the sun, cutting shackle boxes and welding new ones in replacing sheet metal and starting to breathe fresh air again for the first time in 14 years.

Then my attention turned towards the white 1999 XJ bought for my wife. That suspension needed to be done, it needed a new engine, one of the brake cylinders, lost a piston, it needs a new headliner, I could go on and on. But something happened something different now.

The two-door XJ’s got a 4 1/2 long arm lift sporting 32s With 456s and a locked up dana 44. And it’s mine.

The 99 four-door. It’s got a hot 4.6 in it now, and looks sweet as hell. I’ll post pics of them sometime.

And you know what? The entire time I’ve been outside working on these POS jeeps (I hate Jeeps but love XJs. I think it’s a BDSM thing), I was still using NAXJA as a reference, guide, and resource. And wishing I had my account back.

Anyway, long story short I’m glad to be back and an XJ, 2 XJs have helped me put some more of our lives back together.

Thanks for having me back
Brady
Chubby chaser extraordinaire

Last edited:
I’ll fix the typos later. That post was done using voice recognition while driving down the road in an XJ.

Welcome back. A great story on how XJs can make a difference.

David Bricker / SYR

Welcome back! Would love to see some pics of the beautiful couple (the XJs!) :)

Brady? I hope this is the same Brady, if it is I'm so glad to see you've resurfaced! I was in Albuquerque for new years and thought of you. Wanted to call plenty of times, but didn't have your number.

Brady? I hope this is the same Brady, if it is I'm so glad to see you've resurfaced! I was in Albuquerque for new years and thought of you. Wanted to call plenty of times, but didn't have your number.
That's what I was thinking.

fka: SBrad001

Last edited:
It’s me (Brady AKA sbrad001).
I’ll PM you with the details this weekend and you’ll understand.

It’s great to be able to talk to you guys again.

ZomBrady is only for a couple of weeks then it goes back to ‘sbrad001’

Back