• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

your typical 1 ton XJ build thread

I'll be following this build throughout. Just that axle set got me hooked. :D

Sweet axles and nice detailed pics. Makes me wanna run my hp kp d60 instead of my 98 dodge 60. Just seems like overkill cause I'm trying to keep mine full bodied as well and not go the buggy route definitly subin' to this one.thanks for taking the time to post for us web wheelers.

thanks for taking the time to post for us web wheelers.

dont worry. I'm one of you guys :eyes:

damn. old school reference and trailer park boys reference

Step-Brothers-Did-we-just-become-best-friends.gif

was just gonna wait and do a big update. but I was updating another forum and copy paste is easier

I cut my ruffstuff plates in half, behind the factory xmember. then started high clearance rockers

did some cutting and figured it out

had to cut out a piece near the front fender to get the 2x6 to fit the way I wanted

weldy holes

thing is looking good. You're smart for doing it all at once and all in the beginning instead of piece wise over time. This way you can keep that unibuddy intact.

you and your typos crack me up Jon. saggy pitman arms and unibuddies

freaking auto correct is ridiculous. It always, always converts saggy pitman arm to saggy pitman arm. gosh dammit

Ugh! it did it again. Waggy pitman arm. I guess my computer hates waggys. although the unibody is a good buddy.

Last edited:
well the holidays sucked up a huge amount of jeep time. then my friends decided to move shops. so here's all I've done recently

relocated leaf hangers. took the idea from foxwar and made it my own.
I plated the frame and floor with 1/8"
then I added the rocker tie in which is 2.5x1.5? I think. 3/16
the brackets are 1/4" and they are tied into the frame and the rocker tie in
the bolt is 9/16 by 5" long. I drilled a hole into the frame to fit it

I don't think they're going anywhere

and after all that work, the shackle angle doesn't look how I wanted it to. this is just lifting it using a floor jack. I'm hoping it flattens out a bit more with the full weight of the jeep..

the shackles are 1.5" lift

here's how I lined up the brackets.

and finally, it's on it's own weight. and I'm not happy. too tall and the shackle angle didn't turn out how I wanted. gonna have to figure it out later. moving on to the tcase next

on the bright side. the stance is good. not too wide at all!

for the short run, just drill a hole 1.5" up from the current hole on the shackle to get a better angle and reduce ride height. quick and dirty until you can do it right.

shackle angle really isn't that bad compared to others. Go drill a hole maybe another 3/4" up on the shackle itself where the spring comes in and bolts through. Effectly a shorter shackle will increase that angle at ride height and it wont be too short, only loosing 3/4". Then throw like 500 pounds+ and let it sit there for a while and see where shackle angle ends up. I bet it will get close enough at that point. 1.5" is a long shackle anyway. Also, it will help your cause. you said the rear was too high anyway.

Last edited:
I think I might be able to return them. I ran into some trouble initially trying to bolt up the leaf spring, couldn't get a bolt through it. took off the shackle and put the angle finder in a couple places on it and it's crooked by about 8 degrees. unbelievable

only reason I got 1.5's is because I figured the jeep would actually sit a little too low :homer:
forgot the UBE's are tall and they add like 1.5" extra unnecessary lift

Back