• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What long arms to buy ?

this thread turned out nice... no thanks to the bashers... im in the same spot u are with long arms... dont know what to do..

Congrats on going red :thumbup:

I have a baby on the way so im trying to do the same here,
Any issues with the RC kit
Im not your Hardcore rock crawler but it does see some pretty decent trails so honestly with a long upgrade im looking for on road comfort,drivability and decent on the highway THEN off road capabilities.
Its my daily driver so until i get another daily this is my Trail rig and mall crawler

I haven't had 1 issue with the RC longarm upgrade kit yet, I've had it on there for a year and wheeled it once, I think my flex joint bushings are getting a tad bit loose but without a problem I called RC and they sent me a new set, also you can get currie's jj's to fit this application with no fab work involved.all in all it works great for what i use it for.

Last edited:
I haven't had 1 issue with the RC longarm upgrade kit yet, I've had it on there for a year and wheeled it once, I think my flex joint bushings are getting a tad bit loose but without a problem I called RC and they sent me a new set, also you can get currie's jj's to fit this application with no fab work involved.all in all it works great for what i use it for.

Currie's uses a slightly larger bolt on the upper joints so you need to enlarge the hole to fit em. Drilling the hole ain't exactly fab work but it is something that needs done to fit em.

Hey I'm in Tucson. Been looking at all the different options out there. My search foo is strong...LOL. Check out Crazy Jims rig with short arms and db's. If you want a good ride it's all about dialing in your springs and shocks. I would rather have a tuned rig with 10" of travel then one with 20" that is not dialed in. I live far North West and have my garage set up pretty good for the do it yourselfer...plasma, mig, bender etc

Back