• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What long arms to buy ?

i should proly rephrase my question. i Need a long arm upgrade kit i currently have a 6.5 rough "n" bouncy "rough country" lift with upgraded TB and TB Drop, I Am looking for the long arm kit including crossmember and long arms, as well as front coils and rear leafs because the RC ones just aren't cutting it for me it has saggy bottom and bouncy front i priced out Clayton's long arm plus coils and leafs and its about 1500$ with free S&H

Rock Krawler Looks sick BTW im doing all my research

Radius arms are good, i ran them for quite some time, on road, and off. Theyre simple, and effective. I ran the IRO kit, but i wouldnt reccomend it, unless you plan on modifying that gay caster adjuster.

I now run a mid arm 3 link that i built, on road there isnt much difference, but i ran it at a couple local spots, and it seems to climb much better, and they wont unload on me like radius arms will.

Perhaps this will entice you to become a member. That vendor is a participating vendor which means he'll give you a 10% discount for being red. You can literally member up and get those arms for cheaper than he has them listed, not to mention all of the other vendors that give discounts to members.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1062994

Hope that helps.

edit: check that link for pics as well

Last edited:
Radius arms are good, i ran them for quite some time, on road, and off. Theyre simple, and effective. I ran the IRO kit, but i wouldnt reccomend it, unless you plan on modifying that gay caster adjuster.

I now run a mid arm 3 link that i built, on road there isnt much difference, but i ran it at a couple local spots, and it seems to climb much better, and they wont unload on me like radius arms will.

Heres some pics of the bent caster adjuster.

casteradjuster.jpg

in all honesty If I had the money I would buy clayton but since I didn't I went with roughcountry's longarm upgrade to go with my older RE springs(teraflex shackles, claytons HD TB, bilstein 5150s) RE bumpstop pucks on the lower coilbuckets and made some rear spring plates with bumpstop extentions. rides great and didn't cost me a bunch of money and I also have a child on the way so I wanted stretch the dollar out, but go with decent stuff. my Rig sees 85% road so..

in all honesty If I had the money I would buy clayton but since I didn't I went with roughcountry's longarm upgrade to go with my older RE springs(teraflex shackles, claytons HD TB, bilstein 5150s) RE bumpstop pucks on the lower coilbuckets and made some rear spring plates with bumpstop extentions. rides great and didn't cost me a bunch of money and I also have a child on the way so I wanted stretch the dollar out, but go with decent stuff. my Rig sees 85% road so..

I have a baby on the way so im trying to do the same here,
Any issues with the RC kit
Im not your Hardcore rock crawler but it does see some pretty decent trails so honestly with a long upgrade im looking for on road comfort,drivability and decent on the highway THEN off road capabilities.
Its my daily driver so until i get another daily this is my Trail rig and mall crawler

I have a baby on the way so im trying to do the same here,
Any issues with the RC kit
Im not your Hardcore rock crawler but it does see some pretty decent trails so honestly with a long upgrade im looking for on road comfort,drivability and decent on the highway THEN off road capabilities.
Its my daily driver so until i get another daily this is my Trail rig and mall crawler

If you or anyone goes with RC's long arm kit, BE SURE IT HAS THE UPGRADED joints. The old ones suck. Ask me how I know.

1998 XJ 4 door 4.0
Considering :
Rough country
Clayton
Rustys
Ironman 4x4 fab
Let me know your thoughts

H2 Rescue ../:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Skip all of the above with the exception of Clayton's.. I would go with a TNT long arm kit or Clayton's kit.. Or if you are capable of building your own, go three link and be done.

Wow I Really Like those they look beefy not too expensive
wondering how much you paid with shipping and if you could post a pic when you bolt em up. thanks for the reply im thinking those might be the ticket

Beefy isnt even the word. Maybe monstrous!!
Shipping is $125 for the longarms and crossmember, thats what it was when I got mine anyway.
I got in on them when he was having a sale, but its practically the same with the naxja discount mentioned.

Serious offroad has top notch customer service, FrankZ is a good dude.
Buy with confidence!

Thanks for all your help guys I'm now a member WHOOOO!! and doing more rsearch on long arms
i noticed andy's ironman 4x4 fab hasnt come up so ill ask
any experience with his stuff?
he just changed the amount of adjustment threads on his arms to 8" !!!

he seems like a great guy spent 15-20 mins on the phone explaining the pro's and con's of his setup let me know your thoughts im down to clayton,ironmanfab, and serious offroad.

If you or anyone goes with RC's long arm kit, BE SURE IT HAS THE UPGRADED joints. The old ones suck. Ask me how I know.

Amen. From a price point, the Rough Country is pretty good for the money. Be sure to upgrade to currie joints and put that into your budget, figure $200 or so for the joints.

I like My Cracker 3 link :p It consists of Polyperformance Mounts and custom made Upper and lower arms with Currie Joints on all ends. It rides way better than my Drop Bracket Set up and has performed well the last time i went out.

I like My Cracker 3 link :p It consists of Polyperformance Mounts and custom made Upper and lower arms with Currie Joints on all ends. It rides way better than my Drop Bracket Set up and has performed well the last time i went out.

Lets see some pics of that please. :viking:

Back