• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Feb 19-21

i'm going to try getting a passenger to help with gas and come play. i am stock at this time, but i know how well these things do in both stock and lifted apps.

new to the site so i look forward to running in a xj crowd!

i'm going to try getting a passenger to help with gas and come play. i am stock at this time, but i know how well these things do in both stock and lifted apps.

new to the site so i look forward to running in a xj crowd!

cool beans. just make shure to have recovery points. its winter u know.
Bronze.

Definitely Saturday, I know a few others will be heading up for the day as well.

Because of the night run the night before, I'm predicting we'll probably get a late start on Saturday. We'll play it by ear though, and head out when everyone arrives.

We were planning on heading up on Saturday, but the Jeep had a sudden change of attitude when I headed out to pick my daughter up the other night. Kinda strange - it started with what sounded like a driveshaft dragging on the pavement at low speed. I hopped out and there was NOTHING touching the ground. Took off again, and it wasn't making the noise. OK. Got on 84 west. Bad vibration and instability at 55, had to slow and take the next exit. Stopped and crawled under the Jeep, couldn't see anything wrong. I ended up taking side roads the remainder of the trip, making strange noises the rest of the way (both the Jeep and myself).
I haven't been wheeling in a few weeks, nothing wrong after that trip. This was very sudden, just started when I was returning from NE Portland to Hillsboro. What a drag.

We were planning on heading up on Saturday, but the Jeep had a sudden change of attitude when I headed out to pick my daughter up the other night. Kinda strange - it started with what sounded like a driveshaft dragging on the pavement at low speed. I hopped out and there was NOTHING touching the ground. Took off again, and it wasn't making the noise. OK. Got on 84 west. Bad vibration and instability at 55, had to slow and take the next exit. Stopped and crawled under the Jeep, couldn't see anything wrong. I ended up taking side roads the remainder of the trip, making strange noises the rest of the way (both the Jeep and myself).
I haven't been wheeling in a few weeks, nothing wrong after that trip. This was very sudden, just started when I was returning from NE Portland to Hillsboro. What a drag.
Off the wall guess.. maybe a TC chain? rear pinion bearing?

me and the GF are planning on heading up on friday about 12 from corvallis and planning on camping and a night run. th e 4wheel club we are involved with are planning on comming up sat morning leaving corvallis about 715 am so they should be up there around 9 ish and ya most are xjs. how do I get from roggers camp to lyda camp?? and is there room for a truck/camper pulling a trailer ??? if not is there a recominded spot to pull in at?

me and the GF are planning on heading up on friday about 12 from corvallis and planning on camping and a night run. th e 4wheel club we are involved with are planning on comming up sat morning leaving corvallis about 715 am so they should be up there around 9 ish and ya most are xjs. how do I get from roggers camp to lyda camp?? and is there room for a truck/camper pulling a trailer ??? if not is there a recominded spot to pull in at?
There is room for a Truck and camper at lyda, off the main gravel road.

to get to Lyda, its best just to follow hwy 6 to South fork prison camp road. and follow that back about 2 miles.

how do I get from roggers camp to lyda camp?? and is there room for a truck/camper pulling a trailer ??? if not is there a recominded spot to pull in at?

From the Rogers/Browns Camp turnoff, stay on the highway for another 5 miles until you come to South Fork Rd on your left. Stay on South Fork Rd for about 3 miles until you come to a bridge on your right. Turn right and go over the bridge about a 100 yards. We'll be camped off to the left back in the trees.

lyda.jpg

If anyone else is planning on heading up for the day on Saturday post up so we know who to expect.

Lets hope this weather holds out. I'd like the conditions to be at least semi-dry. ;)

So who's still in?

TORX
mojojojo
nw-xj-scott
NW_93Sport
Bronzewyrm
ceb0217
TonkaYJ (Saturday)

Spikeypuck ?
b16a90teg ?
Nightfoam?
mopar440?