• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

I'm leaving in a few mins for my cabin. Im not planning on running cabbage patch, but we might take the atvs through there. I will be at every other run. Don't leave without me!! :p

Great trip. I'm sure more details will follow. I didn't take any pics because I am lame and was having trouble just keeping my junk from scraping on every rock. But there were plenty of cameras so lets see those photos.

We had a good turnout: Columbus, Columbus' dad Jack, Tim, Eric, Rich, Ed, Kelly and family, Kevin and his dad Mike (IIRC - I am terrible with names), me, and my brother Nate. Even LodiJim showed up to the campfire for some moral support. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

you forgot Jax...
DSCN5353_edited.jpg

good trip for sure. my camera had dead batteries so no pics from me.
glad columbus found the source of his mysterious rear drive shaft noise...

I'm home but my junk is still up at Kevins cabin. Some crappy weld on the trackbar broke on Slick Rock but some quick thinking by others (not me) came up with crossing ratcheting straps to get me up to the cabin. I'll be heading up next week to retrieve Wilbur. Great time anyway. Good times for sure. I'll upload my pictures after I hop in the shower.

I took too many photos so I will have to divide them up a bit. Here's Part I of Corral Hollow:

Heading to the trail head on Hwy 4.

DSCN6835.jpg

Passing Mosquito Lake.

DSCN6836.jpg

DSCN6837.jpg

Here's a few shots of an unfortunate big rig jack knifed on Hwy 4.

DSCN6838.jpg

DSCN6840.jpg

Damage is not limited to the trail...

DSCN6841.jpg

Airing down and grabbing snacks at the trail head.

DSCN6842.jpg

DSCN6843.jpg

Finally on the trail and encountering snow.

DSCN6845.jpg

DSCN6846.jpg

We met up with Kevin (Jeep450r) and friend on the trail.

DSCN6847.jpg

DSCN6848.jpg

DSCN6850.jpg

DSCN6851.jpg

Last edited:
Part II of Corral Hollow:

Along with the late July snow, we found several trees down blocking the trail. Thankfully Tim brought his reliable chain saw.

DSCN6852.jpg

Here's another pic of Tim with his trusty, reliable, and dependable chain saw. The tree was ultimately dragged out of the way, as I recall.

DSCN6853.jpg

And yet another downed tree...

DSCN6858.jpg

DSCN6859.jpg

Here's Josh tackling the mighty snow bank.

DSCN6862.jpg

DSCN6863.jpg

DSCN6864.jpg

And here's Columbus earning some new pin striping.

DSCN6866.jpg

DSCN6867.jpg

DSCN6868.jpg

Tim and Jack helping Columbus out of a tight situation. No problem, Sean, those flares never stay on...

DSCN6869.jpg

Good job on a fun run, Columbus.

DSCN6870.jpg

Here's the link to all Corral Hollow pics: http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/zz60/indiharphotos/Corral Hollow July 2011/

<End of Corral Hollow pics>

Last edited:
How was the water crossing at DV?
Did any of you guys make it to the second water crossing?? I would love to know the level of that right now. If its passable or not for my trip next weekend.

Sean and I crossed. It was not much different than any other year: over-rated! Not a drop of water came inside my jeep....

Every jeep in our group could have crossed it no problem.

Back