• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

Thanks for the good times guys. It was nice seeing you all again and meeting a few new ones. The Deer Valley trail was very wet and some of the snow drifts proved challenging but not anything that couldn't be overcome. We only ran half of Slick Rock and turned back after Ed's track bar broke again. But he took it in stride and we got him back to pavement.

Here are some of my pics. If any of you want hi-res copies, PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.

6683.jpg

6687.jpg

6697.jpg

6698.jpg

6703.jpg

Awesome guys!

I have some on my phone, I'll post them later.

It took nearly 9 hours to get home. (Got here at 11:15 pm)

No issues with my jeep though!

what trackbar is ed running?

Great pic's, thanks for posting them. I sure wish I could have made it up there. Once again a big rig that thought it could make it thru there reguardless of what the warning signs say. Maybe they just need to post those signs much further down the mountain so they have a quick way out instead of all the way up where it is making them backtrack 1 1/2 hours, or more, to go around. :dunno: At least last year it was entertaining to watch the F-150 strapped to the big rig trying to pull it up the hill. (It worked too, eventually)

looks like fun! Ed i didnt sell you that trackbar did i?

Looks like a blast, wish I could have made it. The picture by mosquito lake amazed me. Three weeks ago it was still frozen over. I hope this later and later winter trend turns around, as it is much easier to get 4-6 days off around the 4th than any other time of the summer.

The picture by mosquito lake amazed me. Three weeks ago it was still frozen over. I hope this later and later winter trend turns around, as it is much easier to get 4-6 days off around the 4th than any other time of the summer.

No chance. The Earth has spun out of it's orbit and we are approaching the next ice age. I don't mind the hot chicks in fur-lined bikinis, but I hate all those mammoths.

Well I'm still up at the cabin. I have a few good pics. I even got one of Josh in the process of slashing his sidewall. I'll post them when I get back next week.

http://4x4TrailMaps.com

Check out the link. Some nerd on NAXJA records his trail runs.

Josh

^^^^ This site is awesome for someone like me. I've done all sorts of camping and Dirtbike ridding up in the Sierra's but not a hole lot of 4X4, but soon will be once the Waggy's are built up.

Glad you finally got Wilbur home. Will probably see you in a few weeks at DV for Sierra Fest.

Sean and I crossed. It was not much different than any other year: over-rated! Not a drop of water came inside my jeep....

Every jeep in our group could have crossed it no problem.

is that the water crossing on the blue lakes side or the highway 4 side?

I went up the weekend before you guys from the blue lakes side, and an H1 came out saying it was impassable and washed out. I didn't make it that far because the snowburms got really big and I was by myself with 2 kids, so I decided to play it safe and camp at blue lakes.

what was the depth? I max out around 2-3 feet deep.

Back