• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

The South crossing is the shallower of the two and is only about a foot deep. The North crossing (nearest Blue Lakes) is the deeper one. There is a deep line (maybe 6 - 12" deeper) and a not so deep line at this crossing. We took the not so deep line mostly because I don't have the doors on and would rather not get water inside if I can help it. So on the line we took, I'd say it was over two feet but wasn't quite to the top of my 35's.

one more question, do I need gas tank armor for this trail. I run 32's so I'm not high off the ground. I got a cover, but my jeep is old, and the bolt holes are now stripped out after having to replace the fuel pump a couple times. I'm a good driver, been in the rubicon a few times, and the only time I hit the gas tank was when going off big ledges. This will be my first time in Deer valley though. I have rock rails, oil pan cover, and t-case cover. just wondering if I need to worry about a fix for the gas tank cover.

If you've navigated the rubicon, you'll be fine.

I (personally) would run a tank skid. I know for a fact I smacked my tank at some point when we were up there. But, I'm pretty stupid.

It's about time I post the few pics that actually uploaded to photo bucket...

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Before
IMG_0015.jpg

POP!
IMG_0016.jpg

The rest won't upload to photo bucket because my computers are lame. I might try again later.

Last edited:
Heres one that makes it look like your leading the group... :clap:
IMG_0186.jpg

But apparently you werent :gee:
IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Ignore the purpleish tint. crappy filter.
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

And for some vids. Sorry if theyre a bit out of focus. I was manually focusing a dslr during video for my first time...

Annnnnd to top it all off heres a crappy one of tim shovel sledding down a hill

Man, does photobucket kill image/video quality or what?

x4!!

glad you didnt post any of the broken TJ :woohoo:

Lol those are on my desktop that is having Internet issues. And I'm too lazy to transfer them over. Lucky you haha. Glad to hear you got off the trail safe.

Thanks for all the props guys. It's encouraging to know that people other than myself enjoy my pictures!

Back