• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

1) the_weirdo, dad, brother
2) tcharon and wife
3) ericsxj
4) knucklehead_61 (and maybe wife)
5) rocknxj
6) srmitchell (And dad with the wj)
7) Hiimmred

Josh- This sounds good.

Friday: Corral Hollow/ Night-run to Slickrock
Saturday: Deer Valley- Relax at Lake Alpine
Sunday: Slickrock/ Pack up, head home.

I'm going to be in Stockton on Wednesday, and I'm heading to Hermit Valley mid Thursday.

Suggestions as far as BBQ/ food ideas? If someone has a good setup as far as the grill/ coolers, that's great. I'm willing to bring supplies.

-Finally got my ball joints, waiting on the gear install kit. I hope to drop it off next week and get the thing (hp d30) rebuilt.

I'm planning on coming up late Thursday night (leave after 6pm from Bay Area) or come up early Friday. Don't know if anyone will be riding shotgun.

The NAXJA Rockstar will be there! Now we have a run. Mighty glad to have you Mr. Ed!

Going to Soundgarden on Thursday the 21st, so if Ed want's to leave early on Friday, then I'll probably be there. Not to say I couldn't head up on my own on Friday......

Josh- This sounds good.

I'm going to be in Stockton on Wednesday, and I'm heading to Hermit Valley mid Thursday.

That looks good to me as well. I can be in Stockton mid-day Thursday if you want to caravan to Hermit. All I need is a time and location.

Ill be there. However I will be staying at my cabin at lake alpine, not at hermit valley. Not sure how I will meet up with you guys.. Whats the CB channel?

Ill be there. However I will be staying at my cabin at lake alpine, not at hermit valley. Not sure how I will meet up with you guys.. Whats the CB channel?

Many guys don't run CBs but I'll be tuned to channel 7 until I get to the campsite.

I PM'd Lodi Jim so hopefully he can make it. More the merrier.

Lets use channel 16 on the trail.

We'll probably try to leave camp at 10AM each morning. Just show up to the campsite before then and you should be able to find us pretty easily.

If coming down out of Corral hollow is as dusty as it was last year I'm turning back at the ridge and heading out the way we went in. The dust did me in last year.

If you want to try something a little different on Saturday, here's an idea. Run Deer Valley all the way through to Blue Lakes. You could even head up over to Red Lake but there will surely be snow (read: might be fun). Then make your way back to camp on pavement stopping off at Grover Hot Springs in Markleville for a nice soak. It costs $5 last I remember but there is the hot pool and cold pool which is nice.

Lets use channel 16 on the trail.

We'll probably try to leave camp at 10AM each morning. Just show up to the campsite before then and you should be able to find us pretty easily.

Maybe we could meet at the Lake Alpine Lodge before the Slick Rock run? Id really hate to drive all the way down to Hermit Valley, just to turn back around and go back to SR/Alpine... Maybe we could work something like that out?

If coming down out of Corral hollow is as dusty as it was last year I'm turning back at the ridge and heading out the way we went in. The dust did me in last year.

If you want to try something a little different on Saturday, here's an idea. Run Deer Valley all the way through to Blue Lakes. You could even head up over to Red Lake but there will surely be snow (read: might be fun). Then make your way back to camp on pavement stopping off at Grover Hot Springs in Markleville for a nice soak. It costs $5 last I remember but there is the hot pool and cold pool which is nice.

That sounds cool!

Suggestions as far as BBQ/ food ideas? If someone has a good setup as far as the grill/ coolers, that's great. I'm willing to bring supplies.

I will have my fridge in my camper and a good medium size BBQ mounted to it, works real good. We may grill chicken or fish cuz I should stay off beef & pork. Thom

That sounds cool!

And if anyone wants to do more wheeling they could wheel back to camp with me cuz I'm not built to run the streets that much.

One week away!

My axle is at the shop, getting rebuilt!

You'd never guess I was taking a 450 mile road trip next week!
f4f2d786.jpg

Might meet up at Deer Valley on Saturday, I will be coming from Hiway 88. Depends on how the Rubicon and my Jeep get along...

So I replaced my rear main and the oil adapter o-rings. The RMS job totally sucks ass. I fired it up twice but haven't driven it yet. My fingers are crossed that it stays dry because Monday I leave for Meadow Lake (Fordyce). I'll be there for the first half of the week - then I'll head down for the Columbus DV run!

I totally agree. Maybe we run to the top of the hill for lunch, then come back the same way and spend time at the lake or something. The dust was killer last year (and I was in front!)

Maybe we could meet at the Lake Alpine Lodge before the Slick Rock run? Id really hate to drive all the way down to Hermit Valley, just to turn back around and go back to SR/Alpine... Maybe we could work something like that out?

I'm sure we can do this - are you talking about Friday night or Sunday morning?

I'll probably just bring my propane stove and food for me. I won't grab food until the ride up and I don't plan too well.

And if anyone wants to do more wheeling they could wheel back to camp with me cuz I'm not built to run the streets that much.

I will run Deer Valley all the way through and most likely run it all the way back with you. I want to get some trail time.

I'm sure we can do this - are you talking about Friday night or Sunday morning?

I will run Deer Valley all the way through and most likely run it all the way back with you. I want to get some trail time.

Preferably both. If we could get a solid time set up to meet there, then there shouldn't be any problem and it should be pretty quick/easy.

I might also run DV both ways, if you guys don't mind a slow-poke tagging along.

Back