• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

Yes it would! I just don't get enough time off in the summer months to make it anywhere. I can't do a leave Friday night be back Sunday evening anymore...too rushed and I work a lot of weekends. So IF I can do this run...it may be the only thing I do all summer. My XJ is now my daily driver though.

thats a purdy jeep. you have seemed to block most of your airflow with your bumper, lights, and winch tho...

Zombie thread.

I can't make the Sierrafest dates, at all.

I'm willing to organize this run, for DV and Slickrock. I was an idiot and didn't run Slickrock last year.

My new job allows me to just write in days off, so this will work for me.

Please post suggestions as far as dates and locations.

I want to see this-
DSC07102.jpg

And do this-
DSC07092.jpg

DSC07073.jpg

Sounds good, just firm up some dates & I'll plan.

I am taking off July 19-25, because I need ample time to drive down, stay with my grandparents in stockton, then head to Hermit Valley.

My dad and I will be at the Hermit Valley campground on
July 21-24. Maybe as early as the 20th. This is the date.

We can run Deer Valley on Friday or Saturday, (Or both) and we can run Slickrock as well, (either sat or sunday, it is short.) There are a couple other trails we ran last year, but they were total dust bowls, and just mostly fire roads.

I also plan on relaxing at the lakes!

OK, good it's set. We're in. We're coming in from Minden, about an 1:15 drive, Hwy 88-89-4. Be at Hermit Campground about 2: PM Thurs. I'll have my cabover & tow my Jeep on my flatbed. Do you know if there's potable water at the campground? What can I do to help you?

I don't believe there's any potable water. I may be wrong.

As far as help, let's spread the word to xj'rs, get more people to go red.

I will bring my Naxja trash bag, and we all need to do our part to leave nothing on the trail. Treadlightly!

A medium size group would be great, the camp grounds are pretty spacious.

OK, good it's set. We're in. We're coming in from Minden, about an 1:15 drive, Hwy 88-89-4. Be at Hermit Campground about 2: PM Thurs. I'll have my cabover & tow my Jeep on my flatbed. Do you know if there's potable water at the campground? What can I do to help you?

I don't think there is any potable water at this site. There may be some at the campsites 20-30 minutes to the south on Hwy 4 but there is none at the Hermit Campground that I am aware of.

Thanks guys, I'm just trying to not hall an extra 420 lbs up that road. Anyone know of water to the NE, where I'm coming from? I'll see if my bud Exxon Valdez Jeep will join. Nice guy, XJ on 37s. We'll all 110% tredlightly, glad you are. Now if we could get the ear of the ATVs & cycles. Thom

Hi Thom. Glad to see you will be going.

I know there is water at the Silver Creek Campground which is on our side before you go up and over Ebbetts Pass. But its a small pay campground and I'm not sure if they'll approve of someone coming in to load up on water. Other than that theres Markleeville, but you might as well just bring it from home at that point.

If you haven't been over Ebbetts Pass before, be careful, especially with a trailer. I've trailered to the Silver Creek campground before but I won't lie - I'm scared to tow any further...

Hi Eric, Thanks, called there & nice guy says potable water at campground at Ebbits Pass so don't have to lug it up. No cost there or at Silver Creek for 30 gal or so. Thanks for the heads up, Duramax turbo & 1st gear up & down.

Yeah. I'm thinking we may need to turn around at the crossing. There was something like 170% of the average snowfall up there this year. The river/creek will probably be flowing fast pretty much all summer.

The second river is the deep one. Ive never been past the 2nd crossing anyway, so I'm not worried. Plenty of trail either way.

Back