• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

Last year on July 15th i think it was, I crossed the second creek (RIVER), and i had water up over my hood at one spot. Then again i was only on 31's and 3.5 lift.

Going North the water is USUALLY considerably deeper to the left. If you go slightly right (East), still well within the trail I have seen tracks of idiots cutting off trail through the grass, it will be almost a foot lower.

i must have taken a bad line... :doh:

Well it's still a lot deeper than the first crossing. Were you there at SierraFest last year, I can remember?

If so I directed the group to the "better" side. I went down the middle and it swallowed my 33's and then some. The ranger in the stock rubicon had water hit his windshield.

From 2009- Brother Dave
It was kinda deep. I think he was on 35's.

I'll never get through it, if I'm still lowered, and on 28's.

NAXJADeerValley09076.jpg

That's the deep line. The shallower line is all the way to the right of the pic.

Hey, I know who took that pic!
NAXJADeerValley09078.jpg

I took the "shallow" line when I went with Connor with a group from jeepforum. I believe Connor did as well. The water splashed up over my hood... It was goin pretty good.

But 2 weeks prior to that trip, it was shallow as could be... Hit or miss maybe?

I will be trying to get up there too. Had a lot of fun last year and look forward to goin again. I'll try to get up there Thursday and settle in where we (Mark, Tim, Sean and his Dad) were last year. I MIGHT even have one of my daughters with me this time. We'll se about that tho.

Back