• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC crawler PIC thread! scale or comp, post em up!

No electrics showing, well I'm screwed. If I build one i was going to do a compcut and caged wrangler to match my real wrangler. I could do a toneau cover looking deal though, that could work.

So what's with the ones that incorporate the motors in the axles? Better, worse, more expensive?

Keeps the weight down low, and with the motors mounted on the front and rear axles, there are no driveshafts to break.

Most 1/10th scale guys wont run the motors on the axles as it takes away from the scale looks of things. Were as mine, being an 1/8th scale, I need dual motors to turn the monster ass tires. I for one love having them where they are at...makes my rig really stable!

Found a couple old pics of mine showing the front and rear axles. I now have another steering servo on the rear, so I have 4 wheel steering.

IMG00278-20100413-1027.jpg

IMG00279-20100413-1027.jpg

Last edited:
if its made for the upper arms it should be fine.
moa-motor over axle crawlers are for the serious comp crawlers...
and yes!!!! they are usually pretty damn expensive!!!
i used to be into the whole comp scene until i bought a scaler...
its was game over after that! i love the scale look!

so i found some square pieces of sheet metal and went a little over board!
icon_mrgreen.gif

all pieces hand made by me with scissors, a hole punch, drill and, a rivet gun.
i made a cowl hood, kicker panels, and rear quarter panel/ tail light armor!
phonepics001.jpg

phonepics004.jpg

phonepics006.jpg

phonepics007.jpg

phonepics008.jpg

phonepics009.jpg

phonepics010.jpg

phonepics011.jpg

phonepics012.jpg

phonepics013.jpg

phonepics014.jpg

phonepics015.jpg

i know it doesnt match my 1.1 exactly but my other white xj has a cowl hood so im mixing the two together!!!:eyes:
and for the armor.... well... why not? lol
so what do you think for a spur of the moment idea?

I like the quarter armor. Not a fan of the hood scoop and the rivets kill the scale look of the pieces..... I'd have rather see them glued on. But that's just me....... :looney:

What Troy said.

Is that thing running a funtional leafspring setup in the rear?

What Troy said.

Is that thing running a funtional leafspring setup in the rear?
Yes it has functional leafs in the rear.

I like the quarter armor. Not a fan of the hood scoop and the rivets kill the scale look of the pieces..... I'd have rather see them glued on. But that's just me....... :looney:
I would have glued them on but this thing takes a beating and I want them to stay on! I may remove the hood scoop. Then again I might just leave it.

How about some eyeglasses screws? Those should be small enough to keep the scale look.

I used RTV to secure a set of Le Baron hoodvents into an XJ hood (there was a pre-existing hole that made better mounting seem pointless) and when I was going to take them out to put in a new hood I damn near broke them and wound up just leaving it, thems bitches were stuck.

i will try again!!! lol
thats the good thing! i made a cowl hood in 15 min and it will take 15 min to make a new one!
i got some small screws, i was just going for the quick install with the rivets!

Got my rig out this afternoon before going to work. Drove it around some to get it figured out. It's a kick! Wanted to make sure I have my act together once the boys open up presents tomorrow. I bet I wont be able to stuff batteries in them fast enough!

Yipee I finnaly got me a RC crawler. Its a Venom Creeper seems to be pretty good quality IDK much about these things but cant wait to get it together and rollin. Any advisefor a noob? this is a kit so I think ive got a bit of work before I'll be ready to drive it but if its anything like the full size ones building is most of the fun anyway!:banghead:
Seems like to me the foam in the tires is just to damn stiff any thoughts on cutting that stuff down some!

Gona make me one hell of a rock pile out here.

My build starts tomorrow
5292440432_4b4a28b7a1_z.jpg

I start mine tomorrow too. Kids were digging through my upgrade pile today, had to tell them if they want upgrades they can spend the money they got for Christmas.
We had fun playing trucks today. I got to go through both of the boys trucks and tighten all the screws and stuff, found some lose stuff.

Ordered a set of these for my rig.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288125

This damn thing is almost as bad as the one in the driveway!

Yipee I finnaly got me a RC crawler. Its a Venom Creeper seems to be pretty good quality IDK much about these things but cant wait to get it together and rollin. Any advisefor a noob? this is a kit so I think ive got a bit of work before I'll be ready to drive it but if its anything like the full size ones building is most of the fun anyway!:banghead:
Seems like to me the foam in the tires is just to damn stiff any thoughts on cutting that stuff down some!

Gona make me one hell of a rock pile out here.
dont know much about the creepers but i do know you can cut triangles out of the outside of the foams to make them softer.

btw. i saw you today. i took a pic but im to lazy to post it... i was driving down, i think balsim, or something and i saw yor jeep parked in front of a green house, so i turned around and took a pic. you were gona by the time i drove back by!

dont know much about the creepers but i do know you can cut triangles out of the outside of the foams to make them softer.

btw. i saw you today. i took a pic but im to lazy to post it... i was driving down, i think balsim, or something and i saw yor jeep parked in front of a green house, so i turned around and took a pic. you were gona by the time i drove back by!

Ya that's the inlaws house!

Jesus H. Christ..................... it's a DISEASE!! :wow:

can someone post a website where i can buy a whole kit and put it together. Would be cool if it could be a jeep just a site that has one all ready just have to build it. thanks

Back