• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC crawler PIC thread! scale or comp, post em up!

The Dingo got in a fight with the Dremel.
IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

I have done a bunch of that already. I should have bought a kit since I have already 4 linked the rear, 3 link front w/Hand Brothers steering, moved the battery, tubed the axles(nice mod since it adds unsprung weight), A nice set of Dark Soul aluminum beadlocks, Junfac driveshafts, and a bunch of little stuff.

Tell me about flipping the motor/trans, sounds interesting.

Stock electronics will be the next to go. At least I have a bunch of extras for the boys trucks now.

I have done a bunch of that already. I should have bought a kit since I have already 4 linked the rear, 3 link front w/Hand Brothers steering, moved the battery, tubed the axles(nice mod since it adds unsprung weight), A nice set of Dark Soul aluminum beadlocks, Junfac driveshafts, and a bunch of little stuff.

Tell me about flipping the motor/trans, sounds interesting.

Stock electronics will be the next to go. At least I have a bunch of extras for the boys trucks now.

unhook the driveshafts, take out the crossmember and the motor and tranny as one piece. Rotate it all 180 degrees. It's really helps with the torc that jams the body into the front tires when under load at full turn. Mine doesn't torc at all after that.

update-
i am getting it a little closer!!:clap:
1258c5cf.jpg

dd51b884.jpg

13eeec31.jpg

d4308bb0.jpg

e4db534c.jpg

ce3010ea.jpg
c78908fd.jpg

7b3cf1de.jpg

850a6c3b.jpg

ce6556b3.jpg

i also cut a hole in the roof under the roof rack to get to the battery connector easier. i only have to un screw 4 screws to get the roof rack off as to taking the entire body off.
875e35c9.jpg

0d756716.jpg

and i made light buckets for it.
i have the 3racing led system on its way!
and a xl-5 esc with a titan 12.5t motor! im gonna be water proof!!!!!!
d7e770cc.jpg

Single sheer coilover mounts, really. It'll never work. :D

That thing looks awesome, I really did the control arms.

Yeah, this style of RC crawler is really not my thing.

What's the purpose of such a rediculously small "body"? I guess I'm a bit too traditional in my thinking. I'm sure the bigger purpose is to build a crawler that damn-near defies gravity...... but I guess I'd get more fun out of something that looks more scale correct and presents many of the same challenges our full size rigs experience...... just on a smaller scale. :dunno:

Either way, looks like a cool, quality build JJ. :thumbup:

Yeah, this style of RC crawler is really not my thing.

What's the purpose of such a rediculously small "body"? I guess I'm a bit too traditional in my thinking. I'm sure the bigger purpose is to build a crawler that damn-near defies gravity...... but I guess I'd get more fun out of something that looks more scale correct and presents many of the same challenges our full size rigs experience...... just on a smaller scale. :dunno:

Either way, looks like a cool, quality build JJ. :thumbup:

Yeah this is more of a comp rig. Compare it to the 1/1 scale tube buggies we all seeing doing extreme competition stuff.

I keep the scaler some what reserved...modded, but to scale.

Ah...... I see it now.

blackbird.png

Back