• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC crawler PIC thread! scale or comp, post em up!

Yeah this is more of a comp rig. Compare it to the 1/1 scale tube buggies we all seeing doing extreme competition stuff.

I keep the scaler some what reserved...modded, but to scale.

Excpet for that thing you're building to be "to scale" for even a com buggy it would either be a single seat buggy for a midget or a normal sized single seat buggy running axles and tires to make Big Foot's look small.

Excpet for that thing you're building to be "to scale" for even a com buggy it would either be a single seat buggy for a midget or a normal sized single seat buggy running axles and tires to make Big Foot's look small.

This rig is not the "scale" class. This rig's class is only defined by its rim diameter, and a few other things. The "scale" class is a whole different animal.

The XJ and D90 rigs you've seen above would most likely be considered in the scale class.

Ugh. I hate mud - at any scale. (n) Have fun cleaning that crap off your purdy RC rig............

Ugh. I hate mud - at any scale. (n) Have fun cleaning that crap off your purdy RC rig............
its actually way easier to wash the rc! i just throw it in the shower and rinse it off. takes a whole 2 minutes! lol
I see your real XJ in the back ground just go drive that thing!!!
my course for the 1.1 isnt as fun as the rc course. lol
and the big jeep needs gas to crawl. the rc just needs a 15 min charge!:cool:

i just got the new motor and esc in the rc so i had to go test it!

i want to plan another run to ram soon! i DO need to go 1.1 wheeling!

A Comanche I just finished for a friend
2mh9ys6.jpg

k1cnig.jpg

My Cherokee
22coza.jpg

2u3ws9w.jpg

My TTC (For sell)
id94c2.jpg

2jcdnvn.jpg

20ix7om.jpg

I do custom tube work and chassis and build trusses and custom weldable Tabs.
2j19c3t.jpg

Very nice work David! I'm really digging the MJ.

..........Yer not doing much to help keep me from getting one of those damn RC MJ's ya goob...... :mad:

:D

Very nice work David! I'm really digging the MJ.

..........Yer not doing much to help keep me from getting one of those damn RC MJ's ya goob...... :mad:

just get one already!!!! your not going to be able to fight that feeling much longer! so you may as well give in and get one now!

Awesome man! Welcome to your new addiction for sure. A great place to get supplies is at I-70 and Kipling at Finish Line RC, Dan specializes in those type of parts. Rccrawler is a great resource too.

Awesome man! Welcome to your new addiction for sure. A great place to get supplies is at I-70 and Kipling at Finish Line RC, Dan specializes in those type of parts. Rccrawler is a great resource too.
absolutely! there was a big swap meet there today!
rccrawler.com is a great place for any info on rcs.
new video. i got the wheel speed i was looking for!!!!!!!!!
clicky here

Is that reply to me?
I agree that Dans place is awsome! I have been in RCs for 5 years, I have been crawing since Axial became a company. Dan over at finishline actually has some of my products on his wall. I am part of ruffnecks if you have ever heard of us at the comps.

Troy, I want to come up and talk to you in person to see how we can get you into this!

Kronik, I mig weld all of my stuff. I currently have a complete build for my dad im doing, another Complete build for a guy in pueblo, then a guy wants me to build bumpers and sliders for two cars , and then the manager of Hobby Town USA wants to buy a ton of trusses to put in all 3 of his Hobby Towns. But after that I would love to Do some building for you, it would just be about 2-3 weeks out!
:wow:

Troy, I want to come up and talk to you in person to see how we can get you into this!

Don't you threaten me junior........ You just stay out there in Westy....... My wallet will thank you.

HAHA! :moon:

If you are interested I can probably get you a rig somewhat like the Comanche for a reasonable price. I decided today that the one that was for sell should be cut up and thrown away. It was my second cage and the joints looked like crap!

Kronik, I mig weld all of my stuff. I currently have a complete build for my dad im doing, another Complete build for a guy in pueblo, then a guy wants me to build bumpers and sliders for two cars , and then the manager of Hobby Town USA wants to buy a ton of trusses to put in all 3 of his Hobby Towns. But after that I would love to Do some building for you, it would just be about 2-3 weeks out!
:wow:
no worries! i really wanna get into it, so let me know if you ever want some help!
you live pretty far from me but i would always be down to come up and do work! i wouldnt mind building my own. i just dont have the tool necessary!

Back