• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Not beyond the barrel, around the barrel.

In these picture you can see how far the barrel sticks past the SG-Works stock

230720_10150606822840716_611725715_18805117_5892229_n.jpg

1001036k.jpg

With my flash suppressor my barrel is 8 3/4" or so beyond the piston tube (seems to be about where the SG Works stock ends).

I am wanting the rails to go out just behind the bayonet lug. I am picturing ssomething like an OD tubing clamp with threaded lugs sticking out of it that the rails can bolt to. The clamp would be atttached to the barrel itself just behind the bayonet lug (my bayonet lug is behind the sight post like in the top picture). Then I would also cut the majority of the factory sight post down as its no useable with the cconversion.

Last edited:
Anybody around here do gun coatings? My wife wants a pink semi-auto but all I can find are .22 ones. The M&P 9 has a pink grip but thats it. I was thinking of ust getting her a black pistol and then having the slide coated pink and add a hogue grip.

Kind of off the subject but not really. Has anyone ever had any experience with that blow hard copy cat that runs the store on that now defunct American Guns show?

I know he was in Colorado and thought he was one of the bigger dinks I've seen from the plethora of reality tv shows.

I just wondered if he was a jerk away from cameras too.

Kind of off the subject but not really. Has anyone ever had any experience with that blow hard copy cat that runs the store on that now defunct American Guns show?

I know he was in Colorado and thought he was one of the bigger dinks I've seen from the plethora of reality tv shows.

Gunsmoke? Ya that guy screws people hard.

I heard they're already filming season 2. Their shop is on 44th Street in Wheat Ridge, about 15 minutes from my house. I drive by every so often when I headed other places, but you'll probably never see me step in a foot in there.

I went in there a few years ago to change sights on a Kimber. It was my first experience with gunsmiths/gun shops. I don't recall having a problem or great service, kind of indifferent about it.

Now, I recently inherited an old Marlin model 1897. I wanted to take it to have it cleaned up. After seeing a couple episodes of the show I purposely DIDN'T go to his shop. I've never met him, have no idea if he's like that in person, and don't care to find out.

I went to browse a few years ago, when they were at their old location on Kipling. I thought they were over priced then, I can't even imagine how they are priced now... I think the only reason to go in now would be to say hello to his daughter. :rolleyes:

So Geoff, how's the LCR shoot?

Don't know yet!

Hopefully I will soon, got that, an AR, and the Enfield that need to be fired. Picking up the lower in the next day or two and waiting for my .303 to come in then may fire all of them the same week.

Well I got my .300 Blackout pistol barrel in today. Smaller than I imagined a 10" barrel was going to be?

Mounted it up to the new upper;

ARPistol1.jpg

Installed my the new TROY battlerail, TROY Claymore muzzle suppressor (thing looks wicked, TROY advertises it as a "improvised breaching device and close quarter weapon"), red dot and MAGPUL MBUS sights.

ARPistol3.jpg

ARPistol2.jpg

Still waiting on the BCG, charging handle, foam cover for the reverse penis, and the single point sling bracket.

So is your receiver registered as a pistol or a rifle? Ran into this with a Thompson Encore. The barrels are interchangeable but the second you convert one to the other you are breaking federal law. I'm not talking about putting a short barrel on a gun with a rifle stock. Even using a set of pistol grips you are still going against the federal firearms act if you buy one as a rifle and make a pistol out of it.

So is your receiver registered as a pistol or a rifle? Ran into this with a Thompson Encore. The barrels are interchangeable but the second you convert one to the other you are breaking federal law. I'm not talking about putting a short barrel on a gun with a rifle stock. Even using a set of pistol grips you are still going against the federal firearms act if you buy one as a rifle and make a pistol out of it.

It is not stamped on the receiver as pistol, but it was sold as a pistol from New Frontier (as it also came from them with the pistol buffer tube.)

If I add a vertical grip in the front I have to do a Form1 "Any other weapon" and if I want a Short barrel rifle it is the same Form1 but "SBR" and both have the same $200 tax (if I am doing that it I will doe an SBR, which is my future plan).

I have already looked into many of the options. I can run a MAKO magwell grip or a MAGPUL Angled foregrip as the ATF does not consider those Vertical grips. (MAKO even puts the link to the ATF decision letter on their website.)

Really light, not 6lbs yet, although all the weight is in the BCG anyway.

Last edited:
Looks like a fun way to blow $30 period!

Back