• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what!? 2007 is coming fast! Check this out please!

Slonopotam said:
Speaking of tow points, why attaching rope to an axle is not going to work ?

:gonnablow It works but it is really REALLY stupid! I would NEVER DO IT!

Click photo for better view!

$20 for some tow hooks and bolts at a Hardware store?
OR
Now much have you spent on your axle and stearing and suspention etc. etc.
OR
How much to replace it when it breaks? How hard will it be to get a rig out that has had its front axle ripped off? It is only 4 control arms and a pan hard bar holding the axle on, and the parts are not ment to be pulled like that.

I will not hook a rope/chain/winch to anyones axle from my rig, please just take the time to put on two points.

As a side note: I am not the leader of this run, I do not make up the rules, this is just my thoughts and you don't have to agree with them, or even listen to me at all.

oo7ravisXJ said:
when is the 1st run on the 13th going to start? And also, Is their an address right at the trails head for mapquest purposes?
There is only one run. You either meet up with us, or find your own way. Just look for Shaver Lake, Ca.

I have thought about the time thing. Lets just say 8:30 that way we have a little room for tardiness or whatever. Make it easier for those traveling. Most of us in the cabin will sleep in anyways.

Oh.. and tow points to the frame are a MUST. Seriously, if you don't have them, I will tell you that you cannot join us. As the trail leader and BOD for the "official" event, I have the complete ability to do so. You will only hurt yourself and others if you are not properly equiped. Your always welcome to ride with someone if seats are available.

Letterman said:
:gonnablow It works but it is really REALLY stupid! I would NEVER DO IT!
$20 for some tow hooks and bolts at a Hardware store?
OR
Now much have you spent on your axle and stearing and suspention etc. etc.
OR
How much to replace it when it breaks? How hard will it be to get a rig out that has had its front axle ripped off? It is only 4 control arms and a pan hard bar holding the axle on, and the parts are not ment to be pulled like that.

I will not hook a rope/chain/winch to anyones axle from my rig, please just take the time to put on two points.

As a side note: I am not the leader of this run, I do not make up the rules, this is just my thoughts and you don't have to agree with them, or even listen to me at all.

You can always wait until you are stuck and borrow somone else's tow hooks like this "tard did. :smootch:

standard.jpg

:gag:

Bryan C. said:
You can always wait until you are stuck and borrow somone else's tow hooks like this "tard did. :smootch:

standard.jpg

:gag:

That hook held . . . . Jes gave it to me a few days before that run, I think that was the first day I met Bryan C. :cheers:

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I don't think the axle would have done well on that tug . . . I miss that XJ :eye:

I've got a friend with a CJ lifted on 33's with tow points F/R etc. Is is cool if he comes too or is this run more of a XJ only kinda thing

Its and XJ and friends kinda run. Got CJs, YJs, TJs, FJs, whatever.. Its a NAXJA run, but our chapter has always has NAXJA followers that dont have XJs.

Scrappy said:
Oh.. and tow points to the frame are a MUST. Seriously, if you don't have them, I will tell you that you cannot join us. As the trail leader and BOD for the "official" event, I have the complete ability to do so. You will only hurt yourself and others if you are not properly equipped. Your always welcome to ride with someone if seats are available.

will one rear tow point and a winch in the front count... i might be able to get my hitch hooked up and i have another tow point from there but im short on time and not sure if ill be able to get it mounted in time.

ccflexj said:
will one rear tow point and a winch in the front count.

Don't see why not. That's what I've run for years without problems.

Looking forward to this run! We've got 5 rigs coming up, all ranging from my XJ to a Yukon. It should be fun!!!

i'm really guna try to make the run, not sure if i'll come up friday night and get a hotel or what. it will pretty much be a last minute decision, just like everything else i do lol. But i hope to see you all up there!

Hmmm.... Damn thats a long drive....

If leave from Poly Performance at 5(yeah right) I'll get there at about.... ( :dunno: )?

Ordering front towhooks now just incase. :D

Mmmmm... Snow Wheelin'...

I'll could bring my beat up old snowboard and a wakeboard line if i can make it out :D
Or since this is a NAXJA event would that be a "no no" :nono:

IslanderXJ said:
I'll could bring my beat up old snowboard and a wakeboard line if i can make it out :D
Or since this is a NAXJA event would that be a "no no" :nono:

Wakeboard line good, just don't tell anyone that you are going to bring it! :gag:

IslanderXJ said:
If leave from Poly Performance at 5(yeah right) I'll get there at about.... ( :dunno: )?
9:19pm

Total Distance: 189.5 miles, Total Travel Time: 4 hours 19 mins

Only 8 more days till the run and I am almost ready! I am never ready this early for a run.

Witt might remember this one from a few years back, everyone was going fine, then he slid into a hole:
47b6d933b3127cce8b6fa01175a000000016108IasWTVu5aE

Strapped to pull him back:
47b6d933b3127cce8b6fa0e1755000000016108IasWTVu5aE

I guess you should use more then one bolt:
47b6d933b3127cce8b6fa0e3755200000016108IasWTVu5aE

Two tow points can be helpful to get you out when there is still light:
47b6d933b3127cce8b6fa0def45f00000016108IasWTVu5aE

Not even that deep of a hole:
47b6d933b3127cce8b6fa0c6f44700000016108IasWTVu5aE

Take the time to do the work to your rig this weekend and not hold everyone up on the trail, it is only fair to others.

Don't be like this Jerk:
standard.jpg

:gag: hasta

Last edited:
ok david has been trying to talk me into going.

i've got a lot to do but i will at least make the effort.

Scrappy said:
There is only one run. You either meet up with us, or find your own way. Just look for Shaver Lake, Ca.

I have thought about the time thing. Lets just say 8:30 that way we have a little room for tardiness or whatever. Make it easier for those traveling. Most of us in the cabin will sleep in anyways.

So the meeting spot is on Highway 168 just before Auberry Rd & Highway 168 in Pineridge, CA 93602. it is at the top of the 4 lanes, just map quest that Intersection and there is a large parking lot on the right side of the road on your way up. everyone should aim for 8am as we will leave at 8:30am on Saturday the 13th.

CB channel 13

If you did not see it
Scrappy said:
If by some chance you CANNOT make the morning meeting, follow these directions to the trail entrance.

Follow Hwy 168 into Shaver Lake. Once you reach the town of Shaver, look for Dinkey Creek Rd. A snow mobile rental store is on the SE corner of this intersection. Continue east on Dinkey Creek Rd for 15(?) miles or so. You will see a wide section of road with MANY tire tracks heading north in the snow. Should be my truck and trailer parked at this entrance as well. This is Rock Creek Rd. From here, depending on the snow level, you can follow the tracks into Bald Mtn trail. If you have not caught up to us by the "green gate", the entrance to the trail, continue on until you reach a fork. Stay left and follow the tracks. We will be taking the south loop and you are bound to find us.

Is everybody ready ? I am ready.

ski.jpg

Seriously, who knows how they managed to attach the skis ?

Scrappy said:
If by some chance you CANNOT make the morning meeting, follow these directions to the trail entrance.

Follow Hwy 168 into Shaver Lake. Once you reach the town of Shaver, look for Dinkey Creek Rd. A snow mobile rental store is on the SE corner of this intersection. Continue east on Dinkey Creek Rd for 15(?) miles or so. You will see a wide section of road with MANY tire tracks heading north in the snow. Should be my truck and trailer parked at this entrance as well. This is Rock Creek Rd. From here, depending on the snow level, you can follow the tracks into Bald Mtn trail. If you have not caught up to us by the "green gate", the entrance to the trail, continue on until you reach a fork. Stay left and follow the tracks. We will be taking the south loop and you are bound to find us.

If you're towing there, does that mean you're planning on going out the same way you came in? LookOut tower and back? Does the south loop bypass hollywood hill? I'm debating throwing some essential parts back on my jeep and doing this run. I wish I hadn't already sold my seats though. :doh:

muck said:
If you're towing there, does that mean you're planning on going out the same way you came in? LookOut tower and back? Does the south loop bypass hollywood hill? I'm debating throwing some essential parts back on my jeep and doing this run. I wish I hadn't already sold my seats though. :doh:

Yeah.. if we get to the top, we will go back the same way. No "special" exits this time.

Back