• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what!? 2007 is coming fast! Check this out please!

Bald Mt. is in the Shaver Lake area:
http://home.comcast.net/~4wdcfresno/trails.htm

I know others will have better info on the trail and the location for you then I do.

Andrey, good to hear you are comming up! Maybe get a sitter and bring the wife? (I know with such a young one most moms wont leave them, but it is always good to ask.)

On a side note I am sure most of you have seen this, but it is one of my faverate snow wheeling videos and worth it to post if some of you have not seen it yet: (it is 22megs so you might want to right click and "save target as...")
http://jeepknights.com/images/TazTrail.wmv

Hey, i wanna go, pending school stuff.

before i go i need to replace the steering box, align steering, buy/install new chromo front axles, possibly buy new rims and tires. and i think thats it.

i wont be able to work on my rig for the next couple of weeks because ill be out of commission due to a surgery im having(nothing bad) so hopefully ill be able to do it.

Matt- is this the correct directions from mapquest?http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...yon+Rd+&+Auberry+Rd&2c=Prather&2s=CA&2z=93651 (i took location from last years thread for the meeting spot)... Ill only be coming for the day.

and how will the snow be? is there a good amount?

Alex

Letterman said:
On a side note I am sure most of you have seen this, but it is one of my faverate snow wheeling videos and worth it to post if some of you have not seen it yet: (it is 22megs so you might want to right click and "save target as...")
http://jeepknights.com/images/TazTrail.wmv
Thanks for the pump me up video Dave. Never seen that one. Looks like its going to be a good turn out this year. I thought I was cuddling with Matt? I guess we can share.:kissyou:

Letterman said:
Ben H. has a passenger? :scared: (just kidding glad you are going!)
Dont worry he aint scared, though he should be. :skull1:

Here are some pics from last years snow runs:
Corey with a double pull
April112004025.jpg

Deep fresh powder!
April112004022.jpg

This VW was sweet.
April22004026.jpg

ccflexj said:
and how will the snow be? is there a good amount?

Last December there was snow on the top/back side, so we got to play in the rocks on the front half! :D

47947611-M.jpg

47947642-L.jpg

47947948-L.jpg

Should be fun no matter what

The only thing that will be changing from this year to last years run will be the meeting location. If you look at the map Alex posted up, continue up highway 168 up to the "4 lanes". You cannot miss them trust me. Then proceed up the 4 lanes to the top where there is a parking lot on the right side of the road. One of us from the cabin will be there to meet you and take you to the gas station (if needed) and on to the entrance of the trail.

Meeting time will be 8:45 to 9:00 saturday morning at the top of the 4lanes. Going from Prather to the top of the 4 lanes takes about 15/20 mins usually. So figure that in ok?

If by some chance you CANNOT make the morning meeting, follow these directions to the trail entrance.

Follow Hwy 168 into Shaver Lake. Once you reach the town of Shaver, look for Dinkey Creek Rd. A snow mobile rental store is on the SE corner of this intersection. Continue east on Dinkey Creek Rd for 15(?) miles or so. You will see a wide section of road with MANY tire tracks heading north in the snow. Should be my truck and trailer parked at this entrance as well. This is Rock Creek Rd. From here, depending on the snow level, you can follow the tracks into Bald Mtn trail. If you have not caught up to us by the "green gate", the entrance to the trail, continue on until you reach a fork. Stay left and follow the tracks. We will be taking the south loop and you are bound to find us.

I do NOT have a CB, but if those that do want to set a channel, I recommend doing so before the weekend arises. I am also going to need a volunteer from the cabin group to drive back down to meet the day group. I am willing to ride with you, but I would prefer not, since I will have to be towing my junk up.

Looks like we are going to have a GREAT turnout!

Oh and MEMBERS, do not forget a little money for stickers. I will have them there!

Matt

AREYOULIVING said:
Anyone from Sacramento area going?? Hytek are you coming down from the hills??

im planning on being there...

Letterman said:
Well if Ben H. is taking you, I can't share you! So I want Phil! But I know if Phil has his OBT I will be left out on that cold BrokeBackBald Mt. all alone. :tears:

Dont worry Dave, we'll get you your very own OBT - just stop by Home Depot in Fresno on the way down, and we'll get you the best kind - an On Board Mexican!

They wrench, dig, and even cook for a meager $50 a day!

XJ_ranger said:
Dont worry Dave, we'll get you your very own OBT - just stop by Home Depot in Fresno on the way down, and we'll get you the best kind - an On Board Mexican!

They wrench, dig, and even cook for a meager $50 a day!

Boy are you getting ripped off!! I get them for a whole week at that price!

Scrappy said:
Boy are you getting ripped off!! I get them for a whole week at that price!

getting them to work in the cold is hard sometimes.

XJ_ranger said:
just stop by Home Depot in Fresno on the way down, and we'll get you the best kind - an On Board Mexican!
I have my On Board Trail Terrorist, but I don't think he is going to go.

dsc_0103.jpg

No need for him to stack rocks in the snow for you guys anyway! :laugh3:

Letterman said:
Well if Ben H. is taking you, I can't share you! So I want Phil! But I know if Phil has his OBT I will be left out on that cold BrokeBackBald Mt. all alone. :tears:
Don't fret buckaroo, my passenger/brother will feel your needs.

I just wanted to let everyone in the loop. We are going to have to deal with parking issues FOR SURE. I myself will have to park the truck and trailer elsewhere as the HOA for where we rented makes it clear no trailers. They also say we can be fined for to many vehicles. It looks like we can get 1 in the garage (which i am going to take:cool:) and then 4 in the driveway. I think we will beable to park the rest close to the cabin, hopefully on the street. I will be putting my truck in town at the hotel. I know the owners and it shouldnt be a problem to put a few over there.

I am thinking about driving my junk from shaver to the trail. Mostly because I dont want to unload, load, unload, load, unload, etc. I still need someone to head down to meet the morning group. Anyone want to wake up early?

Yeah,I don't know if you remember (you did not stay the night) but we had that same parking issue at the cabin up there last year. No Parking on the street for the snow plow. We got 4 in the driveway and parked 4 on the front lawn/dirt area. We can maybe park on other driveways, but we may need to park some rigs farther away.

We could call our spots to park?

Dibs on the drive way!!!!! :roll:

Matt - Your all more than welcome to use the area in front of our cabin to park your trucks and trailers. We are at the end of a road so we have more than enough room. I didn't see an address on the link for the cabin you rented. If you have the address, let me know and I will check it out this weekend to see where it is compared to ours. Thanks, and hope to see you all there.

Back