• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what!? 2007 is coming fast! Check this out please!

I'm really interested in making this run, If i could get some up to date details from somebody that would be great. I'd like to convoy down with someone, I could meet up with anyone in the sac area. If there's still room in the cabin i can throw down some cash. Just need the details of when people are meeting up. I think my pile will make it... i live in Sonoma so it will be a long drive for my jeep.

All the details are in this thread. We are past deadline for the cabin sadly. We are overcrowded as it is already. I know we have a few day runners from your area (I think). I am sure they will post up! Hope to see you there!

I'm planning on going for the day, I will be coming from San Ramon so if ya want to meet up somewhere im down. I too am tryin to find a convoy to join/make

oo7ravisXJ said:
I'm planning on going for the day, I will be coming from San Ramon so if ya want to meet up somewhere im down. I too am tryin to find a convoy to join/make

I will meet you in San Ramon. What time do you plan on leaving there?

Umm, im not really sure. I'd like to leave somewhat early, but by what ever time you can make it down should be fine

For the ones that did not get in the cabin in time, you could try to check around the Shaver lake area on:
http://www.rpshaverlake.com/

FOR ALL, please MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TOW POINTS ON THE FRONT AND REAR of your rig!!!!! This is a must, I don't want to be the one to tell you you have to walk out and leave your rig till summer! :cry:

Also:
"CHP requires all vehicles to carry chains, 4x4 or not. So DO NOT forget these. They don’t need to fit or even be in good condition. They just want to see you have them. I do not condone this and dont want to be the one who told yall to do it. If you can afford Big chains, get em'! They will work really good in the snow when its mushy!!

CHP is VERY strick in the area if you cause any hassle. When they ask to see your chains, say "yes sir (or ma'am)" and show them. Don't give them no lip about "I dont need them" or bitch and whine when the send you down the hill to get some. "

-someone smart

The Hill with the 4 lane is VERY steep, only a little ice and you could be done for fast, I know most of us understand how not to -hit the breaks- -Gas out- etc. etc. But the cops don't know you from the want-to-be weekend 4wheeler, so they will think you can't drive.

Letterman said:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TOW POINTS ON THE FRONT AND REAR of your rig!!!!! This is a must, I don't want to be the one to tell you you have to walk out and leave your rig till summer! :cry:

I take it as you got a new winch rope and are eager to try pulling people out again. Preferably full size :)

Slonopotam said:
I take it as you got a new winch rope and are eager to try pulling people out again. Preferably full size :)
If I make the day without winching/pulling anyone out I would be happy!

But with that said, if your not getting stuck your not trying hard enough!

Letterman said:
If I make the day without winching/pulling anyone out I would be happy!

But with that said, if your not getting stuck your not trying hard enough!

If we go a whole day with out 1 stuck... we will all have achieved nirvana!

I have been in the garage all morning getting ready for this trip, I am excited!

Scrappy said:
I have been in the garage all morning getting ready for this trip, I am excited!

Just make sure you clean up after yourself.

Update on this trip! Snow levels are looking good. Little lower than last year, but still excellent! I was thinking about the meet time. Is that to late to start this? We would get to the trail about 9:30-10:00 with the 9:00 time. Last year we met much earlier (about 7:15) in prather. Thats about 7:30 at the 4lanes.

Would those of you traveling that morning be willing to leave a little earlier? If not, no biggie! Got some good news on the parking situation. Corey has a cabin in the same cabin association. We are going to able to park a few jeeps and trailers at his families place. I am going to now trailer all the way to the trail. Who else might be trailering? I know Corey and Todd are.

Pics from saturday.
Whomadeittothetopthatright.jpg

I would like to park in front of our cabin because my Jeep doesn't have windows and it gives me a false sense of security to have it parked right out front.

In other news, Opie and I should be there before dark on Friday and can go play whenever on Saturday. Watch for a $10 red plastic sled.

Phil said:
I would like to park in front of our cabin because my Jeep doesn't have windows and it gives me a false sense of security to have it parked right out front.

In other news, Opie and I should be there before dark on Friday and can go play whenever on Saturday. Watch for a $10 red plastic sled.

We going to catch lunch before we head up the hill? I am not parking in the garage, your the only other one dumb enough to not have the bare nesecities. Mine is staying on the trailer under a tarp.

I am going to get an innertube for the day in Shaver. Its like 15 bucks and LOADS of fun.

Scrappy said:
We going to catch lunch before we head up the hill?

Only if Opie can wake himself up for a 9:00 departure. :)

Scrappy said:
I am not parking in the garage, your the only other one dumb enough to not have the bare nesecities.
If there's a garage, you bet we'll get there early.:D

Don't forget Sierra Chapter stickers, and DFP!

Phil said:

DFP??

whereisphil1vs.jpg

Photo by Scrappy

:roflmao:

With a Big thanks to Bryan C. my junk is running!! :yelclap: A few more things to work out but I am good to go as is, so stoked! I will try to leave the San Jose area before 4pm on Friday, should take me around 4+ hours depending on how bad traffic is that afternoon. So maybe around 8pm.

so i just got my steering issues all fixed, and tomorrow ill be installing my new shafts. Looks like ill be making the trip. For starting the trail early i'm game for it. Map quest said it'll take me 3 hours to get there so i'm guessing in the jeep it'll be closer to 4 hours. I didn't understand but i'm taking it that you want to meet up sometime around 7:30 a.m.? that'd mean i would have to leave San Luis around 3:30 a.m. this seems a little to early for me but if that is how it is set up then ill do it. I'm getting excited for a snow trip!!

when is the 1st run on the 13th going to start? And also, Is their an address right at the trails head for mapquest purposes?

Last edited:
Speaking of tow points, why attaching rope to an axle is not going to work ?

Back