• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearing up for WinterFest

we do are best to get you through or around many obstacles without damage. One of the most overlooked items is to do simple maintenance
like cleaning your battery posts, fresh oil,plugs, stuff like that.

BOB

How about CB radios?

I hear a lot, if not most, of the guys use them at WF. Is this true? I have a handheld CB if that is that case...

A CB is strongly recommended, but not required. It makes communication on the trail 100x easier.

X2

I really think it should be a requirement and not just a "strong suggestion".
What really stinks is, that it's usually the new guys that don't have one........and they're the ones that need it the most.

x3

its usually key to keep folks without CBs in the middle of the pack in case something happens, but there are times where they end up in back and you have no communication with them if they get into trouble.

x3

its usually key to keep folks without CBs in the middle of the pack in case something happens, but there are times where they end up in back and you have no communication with them if they get into trouble.

Okay I will bring the CB then.

I am glad I asked all these questions, I would have been lost with out them.

Thanks everybody for your input.

I'm moving this thread to the WF fourm.............

Maybe some one should compile this information into a "Noob's Guide To WinterFest"?

I read the minimum requirements thread, but a lot of this information wasnt covered in there.

Noobs get to figure it out the hard way the 1st year :D

Rule #1 - Don't bring about 300lbs of tools with in the back of your Creep (Unless you have a trailer or tow rig...)

Rule #2 - Bring something for the Pass around to keep the vets happy...

Rule #3 - Get used to drinking Bourbon and other 'warm' drinks... (Saturday night, of course)

Rule #4 - If you plan on sleeping in your Creep, pack plenty of aspirin...

Those are what I found out after last year... :doh:

tEx
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

It does doesn't it... :eyes: haha...

Rule #2 - Bring some food for the Pass around to keep the vets happy...

That's better... :)

tEx

Ill will bring something that gives everyone gas. So when they sleep in the tent... :party:

Refried beans, here we come!!

These are around $35.00 at the Red Cross and have almost everything you can think of in them for Bio Hazard handling, bandages, and a CPR barrier. I add pain medication, a small scissors, lotion, and due to my peanut allergy,an EpiPen and I'm good to go! I'm very well connected to our local Red Cross Chapter and could possibly arrange a group buy, or a group CPR training if there is interest.

first aid.jpg first aid2.jpg

Rule #2 - Bring something for the Pass around to keep the vets happy...
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

This is very important as I was a little disappointed in what was brought to pass around...this is referring to a bottle of your favorite hard liquor to pass...

1/5 is acceptable...1.75's are better...i already have my 1.75 bottle...and its an expensive one this year :)

granted i know for some they don't have the $$ to do this, but others do and don't...you know who you are...

mac 'this is the 10th anniversary...live it up' gyvr

This is very important as I was a little disappointed in what was brought to pass around...this is referring to a bottle of your favorite hard liquor to pass...

1/5 is acceptable...1.75's are better...i already have my 1.75 bottle...and its an expensive one this year :)

granted i know for some they don't have the $$ to do this, but others do and don't...you know who you are...

I don't like you guys enough to buy you alcohol......... I mean........ I don't drink so I ain't bringing any alcohol unless I am trading it for Jeep parts! :D

These are around $35.00 at the Red Cross and have almost everything you can think of in them for Bio Hazard handling, bandages, and a CPR barrier. I add pain medication, a small scissors, lotion, and due to my peanut allergy,an EpiPen and I'm good to go! I'm very well connected to our local Red Cross Chapter and could possibly arrange a group buy, or a group CPR training if there is interest.

It puts the lotion on.....:D

I have already been thinking on how to mix a 5# sack of cheese with some booze :D In all honesty, I will be packing some "heat" this year..not sure exactly what, but something that wifey will take a few sips of :cheers:

It puts the lotion on.....:D

I have already been thinking on how to mix a 5# sack of cheese with some booze :D In all honesty, I will be packing some "heat" this year..not sure exactly what, but something that wifey will take a few sips of :cheers:

Awwww, he's bringing the hard alcohol.......Cinnamon Schnapps! :D

I tried passing around my 1.75 bottle I brought, but nobody seems to like Jose to much:D I will bring something different.

me and Jose dont mix...I will openly admit that I skipped on those rounds! :D

Also a note to the new guys...during the bottle pass..if you have a cold sore, dont stand or sit next to me :gee:

Back