• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearing up for WinterFest

me and Jose dont mix...I will openly admit that I skipped on those rounds! :D

Also a note to the new guys...during the bottle pass..if you have a cold sore, dont stand or sit next to me :gee:

im with ya on that, my girl loves jose idk how she does it. if im going to drink tequila im sticking to patron.

and with cold sores, bring a cup to pour it into lol.

mmmmm Patrone... Thats right up there with Sigle Barrel Jack in my book...

I was seriously thinking Patrone but that is pretty pricey. If funds are available I will be getting this. Works good to keep ya warm.:D

Yeh I'm making an 'emergency parts' fund, but I may dip into that to buy something nice to pass... That or I might just bring a couple cheaper bottles-o-whiskey...

if im in cleveland before making this trip, im bringing a few cases of great lakes christmas ale.

as for something to keep me warm, im thinking something along the lines of whiskey :p and ill be able to mix it in with some warm tea and honey for the lady.

I will be bringing at least a case of good beer from my local brewery. What do you Midwest guys like? Pale ale, nut brown, red ale, IPA?

Mainly they like beer in general! I am sure if Lesslimited (John, you are coming this year, Right? :D) comes to WF instead of Going to Hawaii this time He'll have some homebrew on him! :D

On a serious note. Right now my exhaust is pretty sketchy... It met an unfortunate ending with a few rocks in a dry creek bed. Smashed the cat to hell and gave my cross member a good scraping.
Anyways, I put it back together with a few spare parts in my garage and ended up with a cat-less exhaust thats dumps before the rear axle.

I know this is a little less than up to emissions standards, but I tend to put my monetary priorities on other items.

Of course I dont want to represent Naxja (or 4x4ers as a whole) as white-trash ultra right-wingers, but how big of a deal is a setup like this at WF?

In other words, should I fix this before I come?

man, we are not the EPA...if you meet the requirements and your rig is safe, that should be good. I am sure yours is not the only rig out there w/o a cat. I am not condoning it, but I will say that there will be others out there w/o cats on their rigs. I can think of one right off the top of my head :rolleyes:

man, we are not the EPA...if you meet the requirements and your rig is safe, that should be good. I am sure yours is not the only rig out there w/o a cat. I am not condoning it, but I will say that there will be others out there w/o cats on their rigs. I can think of one right off the top of my head :rolleyes:

Ok good. I was just checking because I know Naxja likes a to keep a good reputation and some people have big problems with the smell of un-converted exhaust fumes.

Now I can spend my money on other Jeep items! :party:

If your needing a cat to ease any worries, I have a few extra in the shop that I would gladly offer up. The rear dump exhaust under the vehicle is less then ideal and can bring in extra fumes into the cab, but to each their own.

MOST IMPORTANT:

Do not be a wallflower, walk around, introduce yourself, do not be afraid of approching groups of people and saying HI!

Many, if not all, of the older guys will happily take you under their wing and make sure you meet people.

If all else fails, find me, the red chopped top XJ, come up and say hi, I will make sure you meet the worst influences in our chapter.....and have a blast.

I am kinda of a shy introverted person, so I understand that it is not easy to approach some of these guys. So I am willing to help.

Rev

MOST IMPORTANT:

Do not be a wallflower, walk around, introduce yourself, do not be afraid of approching groups of people and saying HI!

Many, if not all, of the older guys will happily take you under their wing and make sure you meet people.

If all else fails, find me, the red chopped top XJ, come up and say hi, I will make sure you meet the worst influences in our chapter.....and have a blast.

I am kinda of a shy introverted person, so I understand that it is not easy to approach some of these guys. So I am willing to help.

Rev

Great advice Rev. I'd be happy to help anyone learn the ropes of WF as well.

If your needing a cat to ease any worries, I have a few extra in the shop that I would gladly offer up. The rear dump exhaust under the vehicle is less then ideal and can bring in extra fumes into the cab, but to each their own.

Yea unfortunately it does, especially at stop lights ect. The tail pipe was too mangled to salvage and I was planning on going up to 2.5 inch piping anyways.

Like all Jeeps, its a work in progress...:rolleyes:

Yeh what Rev said...
Last year I pulled in and everyone kinda watched me drive by.. I slunk over to the campfire and really didnt say much jsut kinda watched... After a while I started talking with Kim an Frank and that was just about it... Now Saturday was a different story... I made Bob my 'mentor' and became a little more vocal... Now almost a year later, I'd like to think that theres a handful of people on here I can call friends and many more will be after this WF... So yeh we only see ya once a year, so if you're introverted, become an extrovert,we won't know the difference!

tEx

Rev and Hale, I will certainly try to introduce myself to all the MWC members. I am kind of a shy person as well, so I would be more than glad if one of you would "show me the ropes" so to speak.

(If all else fails, give me some of that homebrew :cheers:)

Yeh what Rev said...
Last year I pulled in and everyone kinda watched me drive by.. I slunk over to the campfire and really didnt say much jsut kinda watched... After a while I started talking with Kim an Frank and that was just about it... Now Saturday was a different story... I made Bob my 'mentor' and became a little more vocal... Now almost a year later, I'd like to think that theres a handful of people on here I can call friends and many more will be after this WF... So yeh we only see ya once a year, so if you're introverted, become an extrovert,we won't know the difference!

tEx

Hey!
You don't remember me?

Back