• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got my ROTM calendars in Yesterday. Love that picture of Doug's Waggy about to flop! :D My mom flew home yesterday so I have been enjoying some good home cooking! There went those few pounds I lost! :rolleyes:

We live just south of Huntersville inside the 485 loop.
I have to get the u joints in the front DS sometime then I want to head to Uhwarie (I spelled that wrong I think).
I also can't wait to start working on the CJ

Where in Italy are you going? My wife and I had our honeymoon there and I was stationed there when I was in the Navy.

Question: When there is an Aussie locker in the front does it make any noise when just normally driving?

We live just south of Huntersville inside the 485 loop.
I have to get the u joints in the front DS sometime then I want to head to Uhwarie (I spelled that wrong I think).
I also can't wait to start working on the CJ

Where in Italy are you going? My wife and I had our honeymoon there and I was stationed there when I was in the Navy.

Question: When there is an Aussie locker in the front does it make any noise when just normally driving?

You might hear a "clicking and popping" noise especially when you turn.

I got my XJ back on its feet and drove it around some to start breaking in the new gears. Took it down to Wilson Performance here in town to get the steering moved over the knuckle for a little more clearance. So glad to have it going again!

Youre having it done? Why do you have to have someone do that for you?

I drive the new XJ around the yard a good bit yesterday. I'll go get insurance adn a tag on it monday.

Youre having it done? Why do you have to have someone do that for you?

I drive the new XJ around the yard a good bit yesterday. I'll go get insurance adn a tag on it monday.

The suspense is killing me! what was wrong with it?

BTW - it was really nice you meet you and your girlfriend, i am REALLY glad that XJ went to a good home!

Moved up to Charlotte last weekend and unpacked this week, also started work. Need to do a once over on the jeep after the ride up and see what the new noises are all about. Also waiting (going on 2 weeks now) for some parts I ordered from jeepers den in Orlando to come in so they can ship my swaybar disconnects. I try to support local business but those people take TOO LONG getting parts in...

Congrats on the move man if you need an extra hand with things around the house or on the jeep let me know, or if you just want to meet some locals. I'll pm you my number.

The suspense is killing me! what was wrong with it?

BTW - it was really nice you meet you and your girlfriend, i am REALLY glad that XJ went to a good home!

I did pretty much all the same things you did to it to check... I ended up taking the battery out of my trail rig and swapped the distributor cap. Honestly, I just think the battery didn't have the ump it needed anymore.

Man, I feel kinda bad... I know you loved that thing.

lol, im glad it was that easy! and im still glad it went to a good home where you will have more time to enjoy it. i don't have any regrets, it served me well for many miles!

i saw a post where you were looking for a couple items like a fender and door, i also noticed you were looking for an AW4, i hope it isn't for your new one is it, i never had an ounce of trouble out of that trans... i hope that isn't the case!

lol, im glad it was that easy! and im still glad it went to a good home where you will have more time to enjoy it. i don't have any regrets, it served me well for many miles!

i saw a post where you were looking for a couple items like a fender and door, i also noticed you were looking for an AW4, i hope it isn't for your new one is it, i never had an ounce of trouble out of that trans... i hope that isn't the case!

Nah, the fender and door are for the new one... The AW4 is for my gold one.

I'm actually about to drive it to work for the first time. We'll see how it goes when I try to start it in the morning to come home.

I don't worry about no start issues... I worry about no stop issues! :eek:

I've had brake lines blow up on 4 separate occasions... on 2 different jeeps. Not being able to stop is something I ALWAYS worry about, and brake lines are the second thing I check upon getting off the trail (suspension links are the first, after having broken several LCA and UCA mounts off the axle housing.)

I've had brake lines blow up on 4 separate occasions... on 2 different jeeps. Not being able to stop is something I ALWAYS worry about, and brake lines are the second thing I check upon getting off the trail (suspension links are the first, after having broken several LCA and UCA mounts off the axle housing.)

lol, I've had one brake line blow up on me... but it was a result of nicking it with a side grinder on a previous project. It just decided to give up while I was on a big ole hill at our local park. Fun fun. It got me to work ok. I plan to give everything under it a good once over. Something is clunking around when I hit potholes. Then I gotta get a lift and some tires on the way to me. :)

I would ignore that clunk and only start worrying about it when it disappears, which implies that whatever it was finally fell off.

:eyes:

- Ken "needs the 'honk if parts fall off' sticker badly" Stein

Actually, I've never owned a Cherokee with a good transmission in it. lol

This is only my second Cherokee. The only other one I've had had a burnt 2nd gear in the AW4 the day I got it. Been driving it like that for 6 years. :) It's kinda atrange for it to shift when it's supposed it...

I start with a Goodyear company tomorrow. Not my first choice, but with the lack of emt-b jobs in the state right now, I need a steady paycheck.

I hear they're not a bad place to work for.

Around here they go thru EMT-Bs like crazy. They can't find anybody thats worth a crap and apparently nobody wants to go get their Intermediate.

Back