• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I hear they're not a bad place to work for.

Around here they go thru EMT-Bs like crazy. They can't find anybody thats worth a crap and apparently nobody wants to go get their Intermediate.

I know all the guys at this shop, some since high school. It's an easy place for me to get a paycheck right now.

Unfortunately the trend in NC right now seems to be to get their basic labor from volunteers. Also, everyone is trying to be ALS, which their are a multitude of paramedic positions out there right now. I don't plan to stay at the basic level, but I would have liked a basic job to keep everything fresh until I go back to school for paramedic in the fall. I'll just have to get some volunteer shifts scheduled in around work.

good luck on the EMT gig. congrats finding a steady paycheck though.

as of tomorrow i'm back in the "looking\" maket. past two weeks have only worked 4 days. and i thought this job was a good steady one, HA! this is what i get for going through a temp service ... again.

Ya gotta flirt with the girls there for them to give you a good job. lol My girlfriend says I flirt with everyone tho...

I got hired on last month full time after being Temp for over a year...

lowrange2, i'm all for flirting... but man, i am NOT flirting with some guy!
just cant bring myself to that. was in the service when DADT (dont ask, dont tell) was still in effect, and still think it should be that way.

now there are females working in the office at the temp agency i work for, but not where i am working (in the department i'm in) that are in the "higher-up" position to hire anyone anyhow. (they are just regular workers, like i am)

Where in Italy are you going? My wife and I had our honeymoon there and I was stationed there when I was in the Navy.

The company I work for in Charlotte is based out of the Bomporto/Modena area of Italy, but I am staying in Reggio Emilia around the corner from another co-worker who has been showing me around the area and taking me to and from the office.

Nick, I dealt with two different Goodyear locations when I worked at Advance and got to know the people pretty well. All were good people for the most part and seemed to like the job (to a certain extent though...afterall it's like any auto repair type business...good days and bad days and every now and then crap from corporate management). There were a couple of times where I thought about quitting Advance and working at Goodyear while I finished school.

On another note, absolutely loving Italy. So many beautiful sights and so much wonderful food. I am really loving the Italian life style of going straight to the bar for a drink immediately after leaving work!

Italian driving style though...:wow:

sure don't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel.

My ex told me at one point "I love how you use your turn signals properly even while driving like a bat out of hell"... I suspect I'd be fine with Italian driving, but I know India would scare the living crap out of me.

The company I work for in Charlotte is based out of the Bomporto/Modena area of Italy, but I am staying in Reggio Emilia around the corner from another co-worker who has been showing me around the area and taking me to and from the office.

Nick, I dealt with two different Goodyear locations when I worked at Advance and got to know the people pretty well. All were good people for the most part and seemed to like the job (to a certain extent though...afterall it's like any auto repair type business...good days and bad days and every now and then crap from corporate management). There were a couple of times where I thought about quitting Advance and working at Goodyear while I finished school.

On another note, absolutely loving Italy. So many beautiful sights and so much wonderful food. I am really loving the Italian life style of going straight to the bar for a drink immediately after leaving work!

The mid day nap is also really nice. We enjoyed the coffee's there and my wife was in awe of everything. It took me over a year to learn to drive there, just pay attention and you'll be just fine...which I'm sure you know.

Steering brace came in today.. Ubolts came in today and brake relocators.. waiting on C Rok steering box/frame repairs. So i can be ready for the Save Gulches event in Feb.

Yikes! I was just coming to terms today with limiting my possible weekends to see the girl with taking this new job, because it will be facilitating my move up there for school for next semester... then she dropped a bomb on me tonight. She is committing to a year mission trip to Kenya starting this summer. :eek:

I'm excited for her and supporting this, and it's only a year which will ultimately fly by, but man at the same time this is going to be hard.

She did toss out some conciliation, I'm going to consider heading over there next summer after her volunteer work is done to attempt Kilimanjaro.

today i got my Class A CDL permit, and started learning how to drive tractor-trailers. i should have the full blown license in the next 2 weeks or so. i guess i'll have a real job in a couple of weeks...

today i got my Class A CDL permit, and started learning how to drive tractor-trailers. i should have the full blown license in the next 2 weeks or so. i guess i'll have a real job in a couple of weeks...

Awesome.....I envy you.

I had a class B CDL and let it go (dumb move).

My dream job would be driving 100 ton Pacific P-16 logging trucks on Vancouver Island. You guys wonder where I got my name from.....here ya go!

100_3690.jpg

those trucks are absolute beasts.

finished another model today..... MiG 15 kit that sam got me for christmas, im pretty happy with the result, time to figure out whats next....
IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

collection as it sits now
IMAG0037.jpg

finished another model today..... MiG 15 kit that sam got me for christmas, im pretty happy with the result, time to figure out whats next....

They look great! When do you sleep?

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

collection as it sits now
IMAG0037.jpg

Wow, that's some detail. I used to do models when I was a kid but I'd put em together in about an hour. and that included painting them... lol So, you can assume what kind of craftsmanship I showed. lol

Back