• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I found that removing and installing the new ujoint was much more of a PITA than the hub.

had to do the same on the pass. side right after i got her home. the hub was easy (with the right socket, lol)
took the axle to a neighbors uncles to replace the u-joint (he had a home-made looking press. small frame with a bottle jack mounted in it, almost looked like a "H" with 2 center bars, one of course had the jack mounted to it)
pressed the old one out & then VERY carefully pressed the new one in. much easier than the old "hammer, wood block & socket" routine ;)

We're trying to stay away from chemical substances at this time...trying to back away from the caffeine....been increasing the intake since last summer....I like a little coffee with my sugar, milk, and chocolate:scared:
I am presently caffeine free, used to be a mtn dew freak but stopped that and I dislike coffee and tea. I can stay up all night but if I am not actively moving around I crash around 8 or 9am.
I installed my Detroit locker in the D-30. I liked the Aussie but was always worried about the anemic stock carrier with my 35's/4.88's

As you can see in this pic, the carrier in the middle and on the right are stock and the bling on the left is the Detroit, much more beef!
0114111603.jpg

0114111748.jpg
looks awesome! Btw the aussie got here either Friday night or Saturday morning, thanks!

I installed my Detroit locker in the D-30. I liked the Aussie but was always worried about the anemic stock carrier with my 35's/4.88's

You had every right to worry. I cracked 2 carriers in half before I figured it was time to get a full carrier locker. lol Now I have the same locker that you have. Except its in my 44 (Which is still on the operation table, lol).

I'd be making progress on it but I'm still waiting on new highsteer arms, heims from Ruffstuff, DOM from my supplier and chromo shafts and CTMS... shipping is slow...

Avon finally got her 7" lift.. looks awesome! Short arms from Andy(ironman), 90% of the parts from Rustys, shaggy sold me the BDS drop pitman arm, and RC trackbar..
Now for an alignment and some tweaks, i ll be able to hang out with lowrange lol
i still need the brace and ps bracket.. but its always a work in progress

I broke my BFH in half... :( It flew out of my hand...

I cleaned up my old hubs. I finally found the right wheel studs. Assembled the rotors, hubs, wheel studs, new bearing races and seals. Slide them all onto the spindles and took a picture of them. :) They sure are pretty. It's ashame they'll rust...

503070934_photobucket_24599_.jpg

Some of the stuff waiting to get installed...

503070934_photobucket_24600_.jpg

Went and looked at a motor for the Sammi, almost pulled it but decided against it due to how tired it looked.

Going back to the drawing board as to what motor to put into this thing...current options considered are a 1.6L EFI Tracker motor or the 22RE. the 1.6L would be the easiest to swap in terms of fit (motor mounts, mating to the current transmission..etc). A 22RE would be a bit easier to find in decent shape and a rock solid motor. Issue there is it won't "almost" bolt right up to the current transmission that's in the Sammi.

I cut the holes out of the hood to install the LeBaron vents. I then primed and painted the entire hood because rust was speckling through. Finally, the hood vents were installed!
Just when I thought I'd catch a break the packages came in from RUSTY'S so now I have to start getting the front axle ready for braces, a 4.5" lift, new shocks and cromoly axles.....and I founf my front resevoir empty so there is some serious brake-bleeding needed also:farmer:

Went and looked at a motor for the Sammi, almost pulled it but decided against it due to how tired it looked.

Going back to the drawing board as to what motor to put into this thing...current options considered are a 1.6L EFI Tracker motor or the 22RE. the 1.6L would be the easiest to swap in terms of fit (motor mounts, mating to the current transmission..etc). A 22RE would be a bit easier to find in decent shape and a rock solid motor. Issue there is it won't "almost" bolt right up to the current transmission that's in the Sammi.

Dude, I done told you that I have a 4.3Vortec that you can HAVE! All it needs is a headgasket and you'll have to find a carbureted intake and a carb. Advance Adapters makes bell housings and mounts for the Samurai T-case and frame!

Dude, I done told you that I have a 4.3Vortec that you can HAVE! All it needs is a headgasket and you'll have to find a carbureted intake and a carb. Advance Adapters makes bell housings and mounts for the Samurai T-case and frame!

Couple things wrong with that set up...first being it's a 4.3 Vortec, and second carb'd. Not at fan of GM stuff at all (neither of us are really) and wanting something fuel injected...otherwise we would have fixed the original sammi motor that was in it.

Put half a tank in the jeep today.............................for 3 dollars! :D

?

I once had a gas pump malfuntion on me. It was one of the old mechanical ones. The gallons kept going but the $ amount stopped... FIlled all the way up... If wasn't an honest person I could have filled up for like 2.50.

man what a dramatic day: got a call at lunch time about a leaking faucet, ran home to fix that, on my way back to work a little old lady hit me with her car in my rear passenger fender (not much damage to the jeep but crumpled her fender) it was an honest mistake (most people cross four lanes of traffic to try and make a turn into the parking lot) then found out im driving to NC tomorrow and back again yay!

Spent this weekend up above Blue Ridge in a cabin somewhat stuck in the snow. Yes, I was really missing my other XJ I recently sold. Now I'm looking to get better tires and a traction aid for the rear axle. The Land Cruiser that helped us shuttle people/stuff up the mountain (I was the only one with 4WD) made me look like a b***h...and I didn't like the way that felt...:rattle:

Did the wittle land cwuser show you up? :) We can't have that!

Dude, I'm coming from a locked F&R, 5" lift, armored to the hill, winch, etc etc and all XJ and I'm now in a stock 4wd XJ. That wittle land cwuser with lockers and Pro Comp XTs pulled right down to the cabin in 8" of snow on a steep grade (where my Jeep was not moving from) and proceeded to back up into the turn around, and pulled right out without slipping a tire. Yes, it showed me up and NO we cannot have that! :D

I cannot express the hurt I felt while this happened. I lost a little piece of my manhood that night. I never want to feel that again.

In all seriousness, I'm used to being in a vehicle that I had every ounce of confidence in the world in it not leaving me stuck somewhere and now, well, I don't have that. It really is not a pleasant feeling...so I will change that.

Back