• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

thanks to my loving wife who gave me another day to work on my jeep, that being said i got alot done

-painted rollcage
-painted steering links
-painted half doors
changed oil in rear diff
-checked my tcase shifter but nothing is wrong just hard to get it into 4low but i did manage it...im guessing when i swapped tcases i didnt use all the same parts from one so they have get a wear pattern again.?? maybe? i dont know.
-started on my trans shifter cover ill post pics when im done with it, ran out of cutting wheels...
-changed my wheels and tires on the JK over :D pics later :D:D

hopefully i should be ready for a test run someday soon but all my saturdays till mid june are booked but maybe on a sunday or something i can go for a drive... :D

going over to the mother in laws for dinner, karens bro is in town so we gots to visit.

Lifted my carpet in the trunk to install some cable for my OBA compressor last night... the rust monster has been busy :scared::shocked:

As a result, OBA is still not set back up, but almost all the floor has been cut/hacked/ground out of the back of the XJ. Another few hours of grinding and wire wheeling and I'll be set to start welding the frame repair panels and new floorboards in.

:doh: I need to get out of the northeast (I already would have if I didn't like winter so much), I am tired of road salt

Began the dangerous quest of replacing my floor. None of the cut off disks I bought fit either of my grinders. I then broke out the air chisel with the forked bit, found a rust hole and went to town. I got most of the passenger side floor cut out.

I will need to get the correct disks for the grinders and do some trim/cleanup work. I also need a few supplies such as weld thru primer and seal sealer. This dude won't rust for a long time when I get done with it.

Finished installing JCR gas tank skid, which ended up fitting very nicely with my C-Rok bumper. Got both painted and stuck the flares back on and washed the whole XJ for the first time this year. Went back into the barn and found a 4ft snake curled on/around my floor jack, not cool. Started working on building my driver side slider a little before some storms came in.

Finished tacking together the new ram assist bracket.

RamMount013.jpg

RamMount012.jpg

RamMount011.jpg

Graduated college :D

Think i'm going to spend today working on the front end of the Jeep...need to see what's come loose. Then I might work on the rear end...figure out that god awful clunk from the right rear when it flexes.

went to savannah georgia, tybee island, and hilton head for a couple days, did the ghost tour, went to the beach, and stopped at etowah archeological site and did the tiki torch tour. it was stressful trying to find my way around places i'd never been, and there were some real a-holes on the beach trying to start crap over my dog, but all in all, a fun trip. it's good to be home, but i start summer school tomorrow. i hope it doesn't suck too bad...

Today I:
Rode a dirt bike for the first time...
Flipped a 4wheeler for the first time...
...gonna be real sore when I wake up in the morning!

Got some work done this weekend. Saturday morning I helped Dan and one of our buddies build a Traction bar for his YJ. Then I came home and cleaned up/removed old brackets from Betty's front axle and started on the new link brackets. Then this morning I placed them and tacked them onto the axle. I then went riding 4 wheelers with Dan and some of his other buddies for a while, watched him get in a fight with the 4 wheeler. After the tussel was all said and done, they both had their battle scars but I don't think either of them really won. After getting back from riding, I came home and started making the frame brackets for Betty's 3 link. I got them pretty much done but didn't get them mounted to the frame. They were too hot to handle after welding so I quit after that and came inside.

Hilton Head sucks. I lived there for a year.
you are right my friend. not as cool as i expected, but it was something different, and i got some good seafood, and it made the wife happy.
i was much more impressed with downtown savannah, and and the history there. i ate at a restaurant that was built in 1734! the cemetery there was cool, and i went to the house of general gordon, who i believe was a revolutionary war general. it was the birthplace of that sexually ambiguous lady who founded the girlscouts, so it's now a girlscout museum, but still, a cool old mansion, and supposedly haunted:angel: i had my fun, and the wife had hers. i liked the beaches at tybee island a lot more, and our campsite at skidaway park was pretty sweet too.

traded one of my jeeps for a motorcycle today. i didn't need 2 jeeps, so i think it was a good trade. sometime this week, i'll devote some time to working on the one i still have.

i'm a little ashamed to say that i traded my xj for it, but the xj didn't run, and was part of the reason i've been without transportation for the last couple months. i traded for a 2002 yamaha r1 with a bunch of race goodies. i'll take some pics sometime tomorrow afternoon. it's loud, fun, and fast. almost a little too wheelie happy for my taste, though...

Sorry to say you got rid of the XJ??? Why? Sounds like you got the better end of the deal to me! Post up some pics of the new toy! Errr, I mean, new mode of transportation. Lol.

Back