• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Weekend came early here in WNC!

smalliesmay001.jpg

smalliesmay005.jpg

i pretty much sealed the deal with a buddy of mine for his comanche. going to buy it and pull what i want for my XJ, then sell the carcass to another buddy from here on naxja. and i changed the oil and wiper blades and started getting ready for the trip to Texas for what would have been my graduation and to buy said comanche.

Picked up my new to me 35's BFG AT's. Also met up with Gambit to bring MJ parts down to High2By. Just a little lesson I learned last night DO NOT INVADE THE SPACE THAT IS GAMBIT'S MJ WITH HIS DOG IN IT!! HE WILL BITE YOU!! (All in good fun though, I get that he is a protective type of dog and I was in his space.) Lucky me he didn't like the taste of ogre. Oh and the top of Gambit's MJ reminds me of Harry and the Hendersons.
In our defense, we both like our bellies rubbed.

i got alittle more done on my secret project for my shifter cover :D

and built a box out of flashing and riveted it together for my air filter... its not extremely functional BUT it will keep a big splash from getting sucked in the filter and sorta blocks the hot engine bay air. still needs a drain hole though.

and installed my new radiator reservoir/expansion (el cheapo from orielys but it will do the job cuz my stock one is now opposite the overflow spout)

Came up to my parent's yesterday to get some stuff done around the house before we leave, got the truck cleaned up and ready to go. Had planned on going to bed early but wound up having to fix my step brother's truck (automatic tensioner was trying to run away).

Loading up the truck now and heading for Tampa. See ya'll in 9 days!

I am about 3/4 of the way done with my MJ custom bedcover. I made it from 1/2in plywood and 2" pink foam. Used the wood and foam to build a cover shape, then fiberglassed it. I am in the process of rabbiting in the bottom supports and undercutting the front and sides so that it will only stick out of the bed by about 1/2in. Full writeup after I get it done.

We also painted my dads car over the last week.

Started to cut down a couple shafts but quit to take the kids to see Shrek. Will finish today I hope and post up a thread about it.

Damn I hate you. What was the weight on the last one?

It had the frame of a 5+ fish, but was a bit skinny and weighed in just under 4. I didn't catch a bass below 2lbs all week though :)

Finised the DS: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1034164

Got a spare to cut down, need to install the 97 brake booster and she will be ready to role again. I might try and wheel her on the local trail soon to see how it all is before I do the brake swap.

Being I have had zero motivation to work on the 1:1 XJ lately, I started building a 1:10 copy.

I'm trying to make it as scale as possible but still functional and work with the constraints of the R/C parts. Body is the new ProLine XJ, steel wheels and KM2 tires to match the 1:1, old Tamiya TLT axles and an RC4WD transmission.

So far all I've done is built the "framerails" in semi-scale fashion and made a truss for the front axle to copy the OTA/WJ setup on the 1:1.

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Decided to put a little time, energy, and $$ into the DD this weekend (last one off for the forseeable future) to get her up to true daily driver status. For anyone who doesn't remember her, she's a "bare bones" '94 with 2.5L, 2WD, 5spd, with optional "roll 'em up your damn self" and "lock 'em your damn self" doors.

In her first four weeks of service, she has returned 19.5 mpg and absolutely trouble free transportation (now I've done it...) so I figured it was time to fix the little annoyances that I've put up with for her test runs.

-fixed cigarette lighter
-replaced dash glove box
-replaced console glove box lid
-installed dome lamp with map lights
-replaced rear wiper hose and sprayer
-repaired previous owners hack-job speaker grill in doors
-installed fuel line brackets/mounts on under side of intake (previously not there)
-replaced sway bar end links
-installed plastic "ring" that holds shifter boot to the console (previously not there)
-installed sun visors w/mirrors & lights
-threw an old Yakima basket on the roof (for no reason except to free up garage space)
-quick wash-n-wax to slow the deterioration of the factory "Glamor Turquoise Metallic Clearcoat" paint ( I feel gayer every time I say that)

Back