• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

thats not bad yea and i actually think that hes about to sell it too haha
we were gonna make a cheromanche out of it haha but his dad wants him to sell it,
and the funny thing is theres not a good thing about tht jeep its got the d35 a 4 banger and rough body

Ha, yeah, he will be lucky to get rid of it. Know anyone wanting to buy/trade for my XJ? Im not gonna post it on any forums cuz honestly the people on the boards dont have the interest or don't have the money. Including me :(

Finally got my cherokee running today! I bought it in January or February not running, troubleshot ALOT, then had to give it a break for a little while due to other things. But got back on the grind today, found an ECU, swapped it in and bam...she fired right up. I got to drive it for the first time today around my work, heard an odd clunking noise...turns out a lower shock bushing was toast so I got another one in there and she rides sweet. I repainted my front bumper/stinger too!

finally got my welder back from the repair shop, knob to select power settings was a bit off. shop fixed it for me free of charge!

8 hour Senior Design expo where we showcased our final product that we've been working on since August (design and implementation). Also got a surprise visit from the manager I interviewed with yesterday that turned into a second interview sometime next week. In addition, our team won the top prize over 60+ other teams....$500 split among 4 people!

Needless to say tonight was spent out with a couple of friends relaxing for a change and enjoying a few brews.

8 hour Senior Design expo where we showcased our final product that we've been working on since August (design and implementation). Also got a surprise visit from the manager I interviewed with yesterday that turned into a second interview sometime next week. In addition, our team won the top prize over 60+ other teams....$500 split among 4 people!

Needless to say tonight was spent out with a couple of friends relaxing for a change and enjoying a few brews.

Congrats dude, may I ask what you design?

We designed a operator controlled discharge chute for a Wright Sentar commercial mower. Consisted of a 4 bar linkage set up, Lexan deflector and a 9HP 12-volt DC motor that ties into the existing 12-volt system on the mower.

got alittle work done on the jeep today.
put oil in the front diff
put on my front driveshaft
put on new from calipers (need to bleeed them)
cleaned it out some
put gas in it
changed out temp sensors on the block (hopefully that will help high idle)
took off my mirrors

more to do tomorrow! hopefully

This morning my ZJ wouldn't start. Had full power when I turned on the key...lights, radio, the whole bit...but it wouldn't crank. The starter wouldn't even hum or make noise. So I got a new starter.

After I picked that up I finished demoing our bathroom...fully functional to 4 walls, some studs, and a plywood floor in 8 hours over 2 days...one man job (including removing 2 walls).

About 4:45, just as I am about to remove the mirrors from the walls, my buddy calls. He knows jack about Jeeps and drives a WJ. He says, my Jeep won't start. I have full power but it won't crank. I don't even get a noise. Hmmm...seems I said the same thing this morning!

I haven't changed out a starter in years, now I have 2 to do in one evening. He had no other means of transport, so I spotted him a starter and went and got one from the store. Got to his place about 5:30, installed the starter, and she fired right up.

Got home and started on mine. I got the new one installed and she didn't respond. Took it out and looked it over, reinstalled it, and nothing. I let it go and went upstairs.

Spent about 40 minutes looking over NAXJA for suggestions and solutions. Got some ideas to try tomorrow. Then decided to go down to the garage and see if it will start in N. It did. Fired up. Put it in park, shut it down, and she fired right back up from park. Did that about 10 times and never failed me.

The only thing I notice. I get a little whirring sound and then a "grind" just before it starts. Wonder if the teeth are meshing??? Also, I got an odor coming from the engine bay when I started it for the 5th or 6th time. I am hoping that I just got grease on something that was getting hot. I'll start it a bunch more times tomorrow and see how she goes...

did you spray the CPS with electronic cleaner solution.. it might be some thing easy like that..

I got back from the Go Topless Event in Newnan GA.. with the Rubicon.. Got up yesterday at 5am. got to Newnan GA by 10:30, got a cool pic of about 40 jeeps. ate pizza, drank beer, hung out at friends house, drank more beer, coke, sprite then drove home, got home at 12:23 am Saturday in Knox.. im beat!

One other suggestion on the starter...make sure the connection from the battery to the starter is nice and clean. Just went though this on my buddy's ZJ last month. Called me from the gas station right after dropping me off to get my Jeep to say his wouldn't start. Looked at it and had the same symptoms...full power but not a peep from the starter when you cranked it. The relays were still clicking though. To get him going we cut the ignition on and jumped the starter using a screw driver. When he got home he shut it off and tried to restart it and it wouldn't start. Told him to clean the connections and that took care of the problem.

Just something to keep in mind as it's easy and FREE! :)

Oil Flush and Change, some retard put the wrong threaded filter in the box.
Complete coolant flush (3x) and change. Used a backflush kit and a 3 hour cleaner.
Cleaned out the resevoir too.
New thermo and gasket.

What a fun weekend [/sarcasm]. I also tried one of those miracle head gasket fixes since I have a very small leak in my Comanche, eating coolant mainly. Seems OK now. Temps stabilize faster, over time I willl see if it is still eating coolant. No more visible moisture from the exhaust is a start though. Normally I am a person who advocates against those cure alls from the chemical aisle, but I really just did not want to pull the head for a small leak on a motor with everything else running fine, especially when I plan on a V8 swap later this summer. I have a 12 hour duty at the flight desk today, so I get to just sit here from 0530 to 1730.

Didn't get much done this weekend. I did get last weekends trail damage fixed and washed the Jeeps. I started on my latest project, a Simplicity SunStar 20 hydro that I picked up for free. I plan on using it around the house to move dead cars with and push snow off the driveway in the winter. Spending the day with my wife and plan on visiting my mom later today. Happy Mothers Day you bunch of mothers!!!

forgot to mention yesturday i weeded and trimmed back all the bushes in the front of my house, wife and boy sorta helped with that... :-\

today i went to dennys and picked up breakfast for the wife with the son, drove out to my parents place for lunch and afternoon of fun playing with tractor and family, then back home for dinner in mom in law and after kid went to bed i:

-bled the front brakes on the YJ much better now
-changed the oil in the JK and topped off the fluids and put the doors back on, still got the top off for now :D

whew now for some chores a shower and pass out because i didnt get any of my work done this weekend ill have to make sure im on time or early tomorrow.... :-\

busy busy busy and i still have several things to do to the YJ before i can test run it... :(

finished my crossmember and installed, bought new rotors, wheel studs, and lug nuts for the front, and put the front header panel/grill back on...starting to look like a jeep again!

started working on the grand waggy. lemmetellya, pulling the transmission out of that thing is a total PITA! especially in my driveway, in the rain, with no floor jack. it wasn't so bad in my old 5spd xj, but automatics suck. this will be the last automatic vehicle i'll own, at least until i'm old and can't drive stick anymore, and i can just pay somebody else to mess with it. this thing has twice as many bolts to take out, and the downpipes for the exhaust go within a half inch either side of the bellhousing, screwing up any good angle you might have had to remove those side bolts, then the parking brake cable goes THROUGH the crossmember, which is a little rusty, which leaves me unable to take the crossmember all the way out, unless i cut the cable(the little fittings on it are a little rusty, and i'm afraid i'll break them if i try to take them off) and the bolts for the tcase end of the front driveshaft have that same problem, so i'll leaving the shaft on the tcase for the duration of this project. as of now, the only bolts holding the tranny in the jeep are the crossmember bolts, and they're easy to get to. there are a TON of random cables, fluid lines, and vacuum lines, but i know what most of them are. there's also the linkage for the hi/lo shifter on the tcase, and it looks like the fuel lines are attached to the transmission with a little bracket as well.

in my 5spd xj, i could have the transmission out and back in in less than an hour, including swapping clutches. this automatic junk is ridiculous. i think if i have anymore problems from the stock stuff in this jeep, i'll be buying a chevy drivetrain with a manual tranny. or maybe a nice diesel swap:D

Back