• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got the XJ in the garage and started taking it apart to fix the doors, got the drivers side door off on my own, then Popeye'sJeep showed up to help get the fender off as it was kicking my butt...

Still have a bit of work to do but thought I would post up a few pics :)

Whats left of the driver door mount
IMG_0003.jpg

Might need to see if I can get Stump to weld up the bottom before it gets to far along
IMG_0004.jpg

All the "crap" we found up under the front bumper
IMG_0005.jpg

Seem to missing some bolts as well :shocked:
IMG_0007.jpg

Doesn't look too bad under here
IMG_0006.jpg

Or in here
IMG_0010.jpg

Here are the cracks in the door frame... and latch post
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

hey maxcfm, i have the same problmen on both sides. wish i knew ya'll when i was stuck in south carolina! (had to let someone else do my welding & didnt touch the doors! :( )

was rear-ended somewhere in georgia, drove about 5 hours to get to a friends friend in S.C. was stuck there for a month!

Put a JCR rear bumper on my 99 and was gonna put on some extended shackles but the bushings are shot so I got to find some. Swapped the RE Monotubes back for the RC's for now.

Got new u-joints pressed in my junkyard front drive shaft for the sye conversion filled the transfer case with fluid and finally got it on the road after a year of gettin parts for it....now the stupid t-case leaks at the rear yoke..Oh well

Got new u-joints pressed in my junkyard front drive shaft for the sye conversion filled the transfer case with fluid and finally got it on the road after a year of gettin parts for it....now the stupid t-case leaks at the rear yoke..Oh well

That seal is relatively easy to replace... take the time and do it.

My weekend- Friday night was spent well intoxicated with good friends for my birthday. Saturday we spent building a mtb log ride, rode it for a little today. Here is some stuff I caught on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT_1dc8T__Y

Installed the APN Manifold today....much to my surprise, one of the easier projects i've done on my Jeep...only took about 3-3.5 hours...and that was taking my time and with making one run to tractor supply for a couple extra bolts.

My weekend- Friday night was spent well intoxicated with good friends for my birthday. Saturday we spent building a mtb log ride, rode it for a little today. Here is some stuff I caught on video.

Dude, I hope that wasn't you taking the nut shot:scared:. I think you were trying that way too slow...but I'm not a mtb pro. Matter of fact, I think I've been on mine maybe once since my 6 yr old was born:cheers:

Dude, I hope that wasn't you taking the nut shot:scared:. I think you were trying that way too slow...but I'm not a mtb pro. Matter of fact, I think I've been on mine maybe once since my 6 yr old was born:cheers:

Yeah that was me, smacked my chin too. I wasn't wearing a helmet because my full face is being shipped. :gee:

Riding skinnies with more speed is easier at first, but you learn a lot more balance spinning in a low gear.

sat morning kid had a play date with a friend of ours kid watched most of UP (good movie) that afternoon helped tyler for a few hours on my jeep :D sunday i watched the kid so the wife and mom-law went to see new sherlock holmes movie and had to work a few hours that afternoon and got a killer headach sinus thing and passed out before bed in the recliner but had to wake up and get ready for bed and finally got back to sleep about 1030 but feeling better today.

here is some progress pics on the jeep what do you think? :D

22462_783398900231_7004831_44063612_4430127_n.jpg

22462_783398930171_7004831_44063618_5444216_n.jpg

Repaired fuel pump, got wheels and tires on it, replaced tie rod, replaced battery, got new header panel, lights and turn signals, taillights as well, sound bar laying in back, tightened up suspension mounting as it was loose from PO. Then I played around with it a bit.

hey maxcfm, i have the same problmen on both sides. wish i knew ya'll when i was stuck in south carolina! (had to let someone else do my welding & didnt touch the doors! :( )

was rear-ended somewhere in georgia, drove about 5 hours to get to a friends friend in S.C. was stuck there for a month!

Where in SC? I am here and always willing to help as much as I can. Wheeled with the boys from Wheelin Dixie.

How on earth did I miss your birthday???

x2! when is it? Mine was Thursday the 7th. I spent Friday in Wings and Ale drinking and eating with friends.

Was your birthday on Friday? Thats when mine was I went out to dinner had a couple Irish car bombs, went to a friends and played classic Nintendo most of the night! Happy Birthday! :cheers:

Dropped in my new-to-me Ford fuel injectors, broke my CCV breather, repaired it with electrical tape and then heat tube. need to buy a new one from team cherokee now...

it was cold (low 30s), and i also lost one of the metal fuel injector connector clips! rather than shell out $10 for a new one from Autozone, i used one as a template and carefully bent up a paper clip as a replacement. Worked like a charm. The paper clip doesn't have the same retention as the original obviously, but it snapped the connector firmly in place and looks good. i will check on it next time i am under the hood.

I need a house with a two car garage! wrenching in the cold SUCKS.

sat morning kid had a play date with a friend of ours kid watched most of UP (good movie) that afternoon helped tyler for a few hours on my jeep :D sunday i watched the kid so the wife and mom-law went to see new sherlock holmes movie and had to work a few hours that afternoon and got a killer headach sinus thing and passed out before bed in the recliner but had to wake up and get ready for bed and finally got back to sleep about 1030 but feeling better today.

here is some progress pics on the jeep what do you think? :D

22462_783398900231_7004831_44063612_4430127_n.jpg

22462_783398930171_7004831_44063618_5444216_n.jpg

I was there on sunday. Its lookin real good, Blake. He got alot of the wiring cleaned up and found a good fuel pump for you on my 6.0L. Its gonna be nasty.

With Doug's help I got the FJ to Chattanooga and moved one step closer to being able to wheel the new rig.

With Doug's help I got the FJ to Chattanooga and moved one step closer to being able to wheel the new rig.

good times ;)
100_0159.jpg

100_0167.jpg

Lq4 6.0 chevy out of an 03 silverado 2500 its gonna be a 325 hp FJ
100_0163.jpg

we didnt work ALL day, Dan managed to get acquainted with the locals
100_0166.jpg

My weekend- Friday night was spent well intoxicated with good friends for my birthday.

Sorry again I didn't get by to see ya while I was up there...didn't leave my buddy's till like 10 and got back to Charlotte at close to 1am, and had to work that morning.

Also discovered yesterday that my 1.5 year old radiator is leaking...not happy at all about that. Gonna go talk to the body shop and see what they'll do about it.

Back