• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Did you run it through the intake manifold?

Yup! I've done it before through the gas tank, but never through the intake. I'm headed to Raleigh tomorrow so i'm curious to see what the mpg's look like....and i'll be curious to see what the intake looks like when I pull it off Sunday to install the APN.

special thanks to dr. randy for the arms,

ah, grasshoppah....is that Karma? or that "pay it forward thing"...:viking:
we're a pretty good group aren't we:sunshine:

i think it would be karma, but i will pay it forward, for sure. i will need more favors, believe that. i loooooove naxja. i will become a member this month, when i get meself some cash. (i will also be paying dr. randy for the parts, but it was great of him to hook me up in good faith.;))

Yup! I've done it before through the gas tank, but never through the intake. I'm headed to Raleigh tomorrow so i'm curious to see what the mpg's look like....and i'll be curious to see what the intake looks like when I pull it off Sunday to install the APN.

Cool. I ran half a can in my oil over the holidays, changed it out and put fresh oil in, it definitely sounds smoother. Give a call/text when you are in Raleigh.

moved into Appalachian State in the snow, and its going to snow all week!!!

Where are you living? I just moved my sister up there as well, I miss that town.

Yup! Was a popular place Tuesday night lol.

Cherry St. is how you get up to Howards Knob (it's right off King St. heading towards the Mast General Store if you turn left off of HWY 321.). Turn onto Cherry St, stay right onto Eastbrook, take a right on Hunting, then left on Eastview, then follow that up. When you get to the sign at the bottom of the hill for Howards Knob, merge left (Howards Knob is closed during the winter). Follow that road up until you come to the top. Then you'll merge onto a road on your left that I can't remember the name of. The road to the left that's just before it has a big orange "road closed in 500 ft" sign. When you get to the top of this road there'll be a bunch of mailboxes at the top. Turn right at all the mailboxes and continue to go up. After this you can wander around on all roads and go almost anywhere you like. All the roads will loop back around and bring you back to the mailboxes one way or another. During the summer it's muddy/rocky but right now from all the snow it's pretty packed. I had 4 other people in the Jeep with me and climbed up in 4HI with no problems. To be on the safe side though I used 4LO and 1st gear to engine brake down the snow/ice covered hills. There are cabins and other houses on all these roads, so it's perfectly legal to drive on and there are some beautiful views when you get to the top...like this one:

1003318.jpg

ok so i got some time today and followed your directoins and either i missed something or its because all the roads leading up to Howards Knob were plowed but i could not find a way into the park

ordered a painless harness for the TPI woot woot!!!! looks so nice in the box with all the connectors attached and labeled :D

your supposed to be writing "i put the tpi harness in the jeep started it and did a burnout on the back 40"

...... the point is get that sucker done ;)

yeh direct that comment tylers way... though i am more than happy to help hes got to get some stuff out of the way and on its way to complete mine... plus i have three projects going into one jeep... rollbar, steering, and an entire engine and tranny swap.

refixed the horn. it'd go off when turning right.
took some pics of it in/during the snow we got :D

the night it was snowing...

the next day...

'bout all i've done to her in the past 3 weeks lol

Went to a buddy's apartment in Raleigh Thursday-Friday...got home around 1am this morning and worked an 8 hour shift today.

Putting the APN on tomorrow....finally....

Back