• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I like how the tires lean to one side.

I think the lean may be due to the tires being flat. It makes them look like they are leaning. The tires look like they have good tread. Strange that they are all flat.

Dang, that thing is rough!!!

I had a really good weekend. Thursday I helped blake all day, we got his old drive train out and got the new freshened up and ready for installation. Then on Friday I got Chris's Stroker motor installed, and running. Saturday we went to the cove and had a great time... man do I love my new tires! They performed sooo well. I got in s few deep penut butter mud holes and they shined very well. I was super impressed. Of course the tires wouldnt be any good if you cant trun them. The 4.3 worked as well as usuall, and I let the horses run as much as I could. Today I got up and finished up Chris's Jeep, re-installed the hood, changed a bad O2 sensor, fixed a window, and got the stuck key out of the lock cylinder, and then met up with him to take it home. I would guess by the really large grin on his face that he likes it, but I'll let him be the judge of that...

Dang, that thing is rough!!!

I had a really good weekend. Thursday I helped blake all day, we got his old drive train out and got the new freshened up and ready for installation. Then on Friday I got Chris's Stroker motor installed, and running. Saturday we went to the cove and had a great time... man do I love my new tires! They performed sooo well. I got in s few deep penut butter mud holes and they shined very well. I was super impressed. Of course the tires wouldnt be any good if you cant trun them. The 4.3 worked as well as usuall, and I let the horses run as much as I could. Today I got up and finished up Chris's Jeep, re-installed the hood, changed a bad O2 sensor, fixed a window, and got the stuck key out of the lock cylinder, and then met up with him to take it home. I would guess by the really large grin on his face that he likes it, but I'll let him be the judge of that...

What combo of parts did you use on the stroker? New or old 258 crank? Bore any? Waht rods? Lennie has a motor he pulled form one if his jeeps and is thinking about a stroker. He also has about 3 258's laying around.

Here is a pic of wheeling this weekend:
0102001345.jpg

Yeah, the tires were slashed by the previous owner's ex girlfriend's new boyfriend. I am going to probably get some tubes and use them on the trails. I am looking at a set of 33x10.5x15 KM2's I need to replace the fuel pump on it but for the price that I paid for it, I can't complain.

What combo of parts did you use on the stroker? New or old 258 crank? Bore any? Waht rods? Lennie has a motor he pulled form one if his jeeps and is thinking about a stroker. He also has about 3 258's laying around.

Chris's specs are as follows:

2000 4.0 Block bored .030
89 258 Crank turned .010/.010
89 258 rods
95 4.0 Pistons
94 head ported and polished

We wanted to use the Keith Black forged pistons that allow the use of 4.0 rods, but we had some confusion and ended up with standard 4.0 pistons instead of the stroker ones. With this combo, the pistons stuck out of the block roughly 1/4" when the crank was turned. The stoker pistons were on a 5 week back-order, but we were on a time crunch, so we opted to swap the pistons over to 258 rods, which were donated from Blake's jeep.

It's a 4cw crank too (right Tyler?) just for info

I had a simply awesome vacation over the holiday period. Topped it off with a FL to TN drive in a Buick (if you have to road trip do it in style and comfort) which ended in me driving the Jeep!
Now I just need to get back home, then get to the pull-a-part for some DS parts and put the remainder of my parts in.

It's a 4cw crank too (right Tyler?) just for info

I had a simply awesome vacation over the holiday period. Topped it off with a FL to TN drive in a Buick (if you have to road trip do it in style and comfort) which ended in me driving the Jeep!
Now I just need to get back home, then get to the pull-a-part for some DS parts and put the remainder of my parts in.
that's why i have a grand wagoneer for long road trips- style and comfort and capability all rolled into one! you can't beat the style and comfort with any buick, cadillac, or even a rolls-royce as far as i'm concerned, but i can still park on top of a caddy if i wanted to:D:viking:

mpg's are one thing. but I got 28 while driving that thing hard. surrounded by leather with no worries at all about anything. climate controlled soundproof comfort. I like my jeep fine but I ALWAYS complain about it on trips at one time or another, this time I didn't.

mpg's are one thing. but I got 28 while driving that thing hard. surrounded by leather with no worries at all about anything. climate controlled soundproof comfort. I like my jeep fine but I ALWAYS complain about it on trips at one time or another, this time I didn't.

Yeh, I've come to appreciate quiet and comfort on a long road trip...The XJ doesn't cut it..unfortunately most trails are an hour or more away from me....and this one is much louder than the first one. But we're working on that:D

Went over ckale1's house and seafoamed the Jeep last night....i'm impressed!!!

Back