• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

stuff is happening....need to stop forgetting my other driveshaft at home so i it will move when i make it run

Looking good!

Still got those spare late model D30 shafts laying around? The ones we talked about at the Jamboree..

Break a shaft in your driveway?

Lol...not yet.

The axle I rebuilt last summer came out of a 93...aka has the smaller u-joints in it. It was the newest axle they had in the yard at the time. Dougie has a set of late model shafts with the right u-joints in them that he said he'd kindly donate to a worth cause.

Lol...not yet.

The axle I rebuilt last summer came out of a 93...aka has the smaller u-joints in it. It was the newest axle they had in the yard at the time. Dougie has a set of late model shafts with the right u-joints in them that he said he'd kindly donate to a worth cause.

Ah! That's awfully sweet of him.

I do... Order/ship me some 760x spicer joins and ill put them together for ya

There will be some adult beverage with your name on it at the crawl in return of your labor :)

Hopefully i'll get around to pricing some out this coming week.

i just made my 99 2 door doorless. i will be finding some junkyard doors at work and making half doors with soft windows. but for now they come off. and making a QD for my wires (for the stock full power doors) will be later this weekend. pics to follow when its all finished

Had a great day at the PAP. Ed came down and went with me. I had scoped an 8.8 the week before that I wanted so we made the trip and got the axle. It wasn't too terribly difficult to get and the best part, under $100.00 for a complete axle and rear sway bar.

293110_10200485241630783_188336663_n.jpg

Then, I went back with my wife and pulled the rear glass from an MJ. That was a lot of work!!! After a failed attempt with a guitar string, I snagged a throttle cable from a ZJ and that worked, well it took three of them to get all the way around but we made it!

382503_10200485237270674_1710512210_n.jpg

It was a good day!!!

i just made my 99 2 door doorless. i will be finding some junkyard doors at work and making half doors with soft windows. but for now they come off. and making a QD for my wires (for the stock full power doors) will be later this weekend. pics to follow when its all finished

Interested in this. Been tossing around the idea of making mine doorless too. However, i've got a bit more electronic stuff to contend with...

Interested in this. Been tossing around the idea of making mine doorless too. However, i've got a bit more electronic stuff to contend with...

well as a 2 door i have the master switches on my side for the driver and passenger windows, locks, and power mirrors. all i did was cut them and i will be doing quick disconnects i got from radio shack. im not a fan of wiring but this shouldnt be too hard for me.

and cruising doorless is wonderful. the speakers in my doors dont work so the sound door out back does all it needs to do and the road noise is no worse than windows down on the highway. im goin to start tomorrow and as i said pics to come

So I find out on Thursday that the guys I am convoying to and staying with at the Crawl are now not making the trip:mad:

Anybody got any ideas where I can stay? I'm going to sleep in my rig but where do I park it. We had a cabin so my accommodations just went south in a hurry LOL!

I'm a family oriented person and not into the partying crap anymore. I do however enjoy a beer or three at the end of the day and enjoy a good night sleep even better!

LMK if you have any ideas.

So I find out on Thursday that the guys I am convoying to and staying with at the Crawl are now not making the trip:mad:

Anybody got any ideas where I can stay? I'm going to sleep in my rig but where do I park it. We had a cabin so my accommodations just went south in a hurry LOL!

I'm a family oriented person and not into the partying crap anymore. I do however enjoy a beer or three at the end of the day and enjoy a good night sleep even better!

LMK if you have any ideas.

You are welcome to park outside of cabin 2. We don't party either.

You are welcome to park outside of cabin 2. We don't party either.

Thanks Ed! I'm searching for some convoy partners right now but if I don't find any I will make the trip myself anyway. My junk should make it. I was offered Hadfields 'Burb/trailer combo but I don't like towing my junk and in my opinion a trailer/truck combo= more stuff that could break down. I think I will keep it simple for this trip. I would tow with the Commander but it would be my first time and a 6 hour trip may not be the place to start out learning how to tow with the XK.

Finally got to enjoy the popup camper this weekend. We have been working hard restoring the interior and getting little things fixed. We really enjoy camping and plan to do a lot this summer at the lake.
e9anyzuq.jpg

Now that the camper is finished I'm planning in getting the wheeling rig a little more street friendly. Gonna end up driving it everyday after the blue jeep sells.

Finally got to enjoy the popup camper this weekend. We have been working hard restoring the interior and getting little things fixed. We really enjoy camping and plan to do a lot this summer at the lake.
e9anyzuq.jpg

Now that the camper is finished I'm planning in getting the wheeling rig a little more street friendly. Gonna end up driving it everyday after the blue jeep sells.

Looks great! I wish mine were in a little better shape and tiny bit lighter. What year/ model/make is yours?

I need 4.10s. My transmission doesn't like towing it.

Looks great! I wish mine were in a little better shape and tiny bit lighter. What year/ model/make is yours?

I need 4.10s. My transmission doesn't like towing it.

It's an 88 Coleman Williamsburg. It pulls great with the blue jeep(has 4.10s) and my wife's jeep stock on 31s.

Back