• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I wonder how long it would take to travel the whole thing from one end to the other?

The best looking part appears to be from Roanoke to Waynesboro.

The whole thing is awesome! Best enjoyed on a bike, convertible or a Jeep of course. I live less than 5 min from the US220 access point, I was just on it the other day. The Peaks of Otter are just 30miles from town and maks for some great hiking.

Its roughly 470miles and the speed limit is 45mph. Thats a couple of days driving one way enjoying the sights. Roanoke is the largest city along the parkway and almost everyone traveling jumps off to get a hotel, food or gas. We see touring bikes all the time loaded up with everything on long trips. Its not unusual to see big groups of Harleys, crotch rockets and Gold Wings.

One thing to look for on the parkway is deer, they are suicidal. Also bicyclists are everywhere along the parkway as well.

About to go eat dinner my last night in Moab.
uqeqyvam.jpg

Put in an offer on a house yesterday....got the counter offer today....really excited but nervous at the same time....

Nice dude! Hope it works out for you. I was finally able to get settled into mine a bit. Got lucky and had no work travel last week...first week I'd been home since mid March..

I cut 2 big ass holes in the hood of my Jeep last night. I read lots of write ups about installing vents, and everyone is right. The first cut is the hardest. I was nervous making that first jigsaw cut! I was going to do this install at the wrenchfest, but am glad I decided to do it here and now. It is a considerably longer process than I anticipated. I'm jazzed to get it all done.

I've got a card full of pictures. I'll post some up after the install is complete. Not sure if I'll do a write up since there are already a couple on the forum.

Hey, Glenn. You ever seen these dogs before?

DSC08822.jpg

Look a lot like the ones in my back yard digging it up that might not make it through the summer..... :gonnablow:

Nice dude! Hope it works out for you. I was finally able to get settled into mine a bit. Got lucky and had no work travel last week...first week I'd been home since mid March..

yeah, we will see how it goes. someone else put in an offer, so we were told to give our highest and best. Might be paying a little more than I wanted to for this particular house, but I really want it.

They always tell you that... don't fall for it. At least around here they do.

I ended up buying my place for 17k less (38k instead of 55!) than the original asking price simply because I stuck around after they went with a bunch of other offers that fell through (fixer upper, asbestos, mold, failed heating system, screwed up title...) and they finally cleared up the title right when I managed to get the cash together to buy it without a loan, so the issues that were keeping other buyers away (no one wants to insure a house that isn't livable and you need home insurance on a property to have a loan) weren't a problem for me. I probably could have waited it out and gotten it for cheaper or played hardball but I was tired of waiting around and figured 10-15k saved in the long run on a house that will be worth 150 when I am done fixing it up is really not the end of the world.

They always tell you that... don't fall for it. At least around here they do.

I ended up buying my place for 17k less (38k instead of 55!) than the original asking price simply because I stuck around after they went with a bunch of other offers that fell through (fixer upper, asbestos, mold, failed heating system, screwed up title...) and they finally cleared up the title right when I managed to get the cash together to buy it without a loan, so the issues that were keeping other buyers away (no one wants to insure a house that isn't livable and you need home insurance on a property to have a loan) weren't a problem for me. I probably could have waited it out and gotten it for cheaper or played hardball but I was tired of waiting around and figured 10-15k saved in the long run on a house that will be worth 150 when I am done fixing it up is really not the end of the world.

I hope so.....I really want the house and we basically gave them what they were asking for..except we asked for 1k more in closing.....I think they are just waiting to see if they get any other offers.

didn't get the house.......they accepted another offer. really bummed out because this is the first house that I've seen in months that I really liked and not I am back at point A. only have 3 months till our lease is up....

didn't get the house.......they accepted another offer. really bummed out because this is the first house that I've seen in months that I really liked and not I am back at point A. only have 3 months till our lease is up....

Bummer dude. Don't lose hope just yet. There were quite a few that I looked at that had only been on the market for hours before I got into them (talking 3-4 hours tops), and when I went to make an offer is when I found out they already had offers pending on them. The right house is out there for you!

Saw two Wagoneers today within a mile of each other. That was unusual.

Back