• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Congratulations Andy!!! I know you and Amber are ecstatic!!!

Go ahead and blame it on me Mark.......

Congratulations on the baby, man! I'll get around to making one of those someday...

Today I got the broken shackle bolt out of my unibody and put on my lift shackles, replaced a u joint, and my motor mounts. Also bought the lights and some paint to get my LED lights together that I had on the white jeep. The boxes are still good, they just had all the paint burned off.
C3CA4D63-6A4F-4B37-8C54-C9EF8BCF6CAD-9900-00000D0E9F602D8A_zps93cdc122.jpg

There's a Dana 30 with heavy duty steering stuff and an aussie in the back, so I figure if I get that out, and install some 1.75" spacers in front, it oughtta sit level. Then I'll start fixing rust, strengthening the frame, and saving for some 33's

Didn't quite make it to the weekend but I have a new daughter.

Mahala Alice Bagwell!

DSC_6473_zps6ab339de.jpg

you do nice work! She's a beautiful little girl who will test your patience at every turn and still melt you like butter every time she calls you daddy-- there's nothing you can do or say to change it now (not that any sane person would want to change it)

I almost miss those days of getting 3 hours of interrupted sleep and schlepping off to work with big black circles under my eyes....... but only 'cause I know the rewards that come from the effort and that make is all worth wild.

Congratulations........ and no, I'm not available to babysit-- I've got my own to keep an eye on!! :doh:

you do nice work! She's a beautiful little girl who will test your patience at every turn and still melt you like butter every time she calls you daddy-- there's nothing you can do or say to change it now (not that any sane person would want to change it)

I almost miss those days of getting 3 hours of interrupted sleep and schlepping off to work with big black circles under my eyes....... but only 'cause I know the rewards that come from the effort and that make is all worth wild.

Congratulations........ and no, I'm not available to babysit-- I've got my own to keep an eye on!! :doh:

Ha! Thanks. I'm not looking forward to returning to work...

I pulled my front driveshaft due to a squeaking I had this past Monday. It looks like the CV side is about dry. Took the XJ for a spin and it seemed fine. Looks like I need to learn to rebuild some driveshafts soon.

I pulled my front driveshaft due to a squeaking I had this past Monday. It looks like the CV side is about dry. Took the XJ for a spin and it seemed fine. Looks like I need to learn to rebuild some driveshafts soon.

I wouldn't put the shaft back in until you get it done. That cv ball is about $60 new, so it may work out better to just find another good front shaft in the junkyard for <$20

I wouldn't put the shaft back in until you get it done. That cv ball is about $60 new, so it may work out better to just find another good front shaft in the junkyard for <$20

I think I'm going to try to get some spare shafts from PAP.

Drove back from New York Friday and then headed east with Nick Friday night to enjoy a nice and relaxing weekend on the lake. Got some fishing in which is something I haven't done since I was a kid. A relaxing weekend away was definitely needed. Currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to Texas and thinking about how I can't wait for my.4 day week end.this weekend.

I've been a home owner for a month now and not been home more than 2 nights in a row to enjoy it...

Back