• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I killed my Dana 35 going up chicken rock in Johnson Valley and to make the pain go away i got hammered on sailor Jerry!!!1

What did the axle look at it and snap? :D

I still have yet to break a Dana 35.... I've had several of them locked and on 32's- I guess I'm just not wheeling hard enough..
Currently running a welded one that was under my jeep that burned, that I have put over 20k miles on, and several good wheeling trips. I only ever seem to break Dana 30 axle ujoints....

Last edited:
Because you guys are dieing to see pictures from my trip to Texas I'll post a few.

Texas-6251_zpsf0581e4a.jpg

Texas-6276_zpsc54fadd5.jpg

Texas-6183_zpsac79e015.jpg

Texas-2142_zps86c0b4b9.jpg

Texas-2149_zps51857b5a.jpg

I want one of these things.
Texas-6200_zps3ce4750d.jpg

Because you guys are dieing to see pictures from my trip to Texas I'll post a few.

I want one of these things.
Texas-6200_zps3ce4750d.jpg

I swear if you buy one and put it on your XJ I will steal it and give it to a Mexican! :twak: :cool: :cheers:

Its days are numbered....give it a couple hundred miles and i'll bet it won't be running so great anymore.

Spent Saturday at Auto Fair with my dad and some old friends of ours, Saturday night at the bachelor party for my soon to be brother in law, and Sunday back at Auto Fair for a little while.
Agreed, though it really depends. I hydrolocked my MJ at WF '12 and it's still going strong, has had a minor bottom end knock at idle since then but I honestly don't remember if it had it before I drowned it. It hydrolocked at idle, so I'm not sure if I bent anything, oil pressure is great.

I hope that isn't the case. I didn't try to start it or anything just got pulled onto solid ground and took the plugs out. We made sure to get any mud and water out of the throttle body and air box, and there was no more water in the cylinders. I hydrolocked a renix motor with over 200k on it a few years ago, and pull started it without doing anything else and it bent the valves. It rattled like crazy at high rpm, but I still ran it for another year before deciding to swap it- DD and wheeling both!
How fast was the engine spinning when it locked? If it was at idle or barely over idle you might have a chance... if it was going pretty good, you're probably sitting on a ticking time bomb.

200 miles later it is still good, including 3 more hours of wheeling, and 3 hours of interstate travel at 75-80 mph. Do they just pop like a balloon all at once, or gradually get worse and worse?
It's still as strong as ever and will still chirp the 31's in third gear(with my welded Dana 35 and 3.55 gears, lol)
If it dies, I have another motor already painted with new gaskets and seals. I just gotta buy it from my buddy

200 miles later it is still good, including 3 more hours of wheeling, and 3 hours of interstate travel at 75-80 mph. Do they just pop like a balloon all at once, or gradually get worse and worse?
It's still as strong as ever and will still chirp the 31's in third gear(with my welded Dana 35 and 3.55 gears, lol)
If it dies, I have another motor already painted with new gaskets and seals. I just gotta buy it from my buddy

it will be fine....after you clear them out it either goes or blows.

ive saved four stroke jet skis that have seen 7.5k rpms with 3 cups of water in the supercharger

it will be fine....after you clear them out it either goes or blows.

ive saved four stroke jet skis that have seen 7.5k rpms with 3 cups of water in the supercharger

Yeah, but you are the best dressed wrencher in the SEC. That comes with some super powers.

Trading my Jeep for a Miata....Nice knowing you guys....

Trading my Jeep for a Miata....Nice knowing you guys....

You will forever burn in a very HOT place...:flame::flame::flame:

Yeah.....It's not gonna happen!

Back