• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

200 miles later it is still good, including 3 more hours of wheeling, and 3 hours of interstate travel at 75-80 mph. Do they just pop like a balloon all at once, or gradually get worse and worse?
It's still as strong as ever and will still chirp the 31's in third gear(with my welded Dana 35 and 3.55 gears, lol)
If it dies, I have another motor already painted with new gaskets and seals. I just gotta buy it from my buddy
They generally go for a while, maybe develop a bit of rod knock (thus why the knock I have worries me a bit) then one day, *pop*. Ventilates the side of the block with a thrown rod.

I pulled off my passenger side front door and now need to get a new one.

Or get a co-pilot that can let you know when you are getting too close.:rolleyes:

The conversation in my Jeep was pretty funny on that trail...

Mark: "There's an awful lot of gray paint on that rock..."

Aaron: "Woah look at Ed's door!"

Me: "I think I know how all that paint got on that rock..."

Well, that's the fastest I've ever sold anything on CL.

I listed my boat for sale at 5 o'clock. It was dirty, hadn't been started in a year and has a broke throttle cable.

8 people called me within 30 minutes. Guy was at my house by 7:00 and the boat left at 8:30 for the full asking price...

Well, that's the fastest I've ever sold anything on CL.

I listed my boat for sale at 5 o'clock. It was dirty, hadn't been started in a year and has a broke throttle cable.

8 people called me within 30 minutes. Guy was at my house by 7:00 and the boat left at 8:30 for the full asking price...

First spell of summer temperatures...people are itching to get on the water!

I waited till exactly the wrong time to try and find a kayak for cheap I guess. I'll have to pick one up around next christmas toy shopping season.

The quaboag river goes by about 3 blocks from my house, so I've been thinking I'll probably pick up a kayak, drop a bike off with the jeep wherever I plan on getting out of the water, drive home, kayak down, then bike back and get the jeep to pick up the kayak.

I waited till exactly the wrong time to try and find a kayak for cheap I guess. I'll have to pick one up around next christmas toy shopping season.

The quaboag river goes by about 3 blocks from my house, so I've been thinking I'll probably pick up a kayak, drop a bike off with the jeep wherever I plan on getting out of the water, drive home, kayak down, then bike back and get the jeep to pick up the kayak.

When we go we always have 2 vehicles. Park one at the beginning and one at the end.

Paddle down, send 2 people back to get the other vehicle then load up and go home.

Granted there's usually 6 or 8 kayaks involved. You'd have a hard time driving 2 vehicles.

The conversation in my Jeep was pretty funny on that trail...

Mark: "There's an awful lot of gray paint on that rock..."

Aaron: "Woah look at Ed's door!"

Me: "I think I know how all that paint got on that rock..."

:roflmao: Word for word!

When we go we always have 2 vehicles. Park one at the beginning and one at the end.

Paddle down, send 2 people back to get the other vehicle then load up and go home.

Granted there's usually 6 or 8 kayaks involved. You'd have a hard time driving 2 vehicles.

You need to come hit up the South Edisto with me this summer. We put in on my Uncle's property and take it down to USE bridge. It's a fun little trip depending on the water level depends on how fast you do it.

I've always wanted to paddle at the Beach but I have to have some flow. I float down the river in my kayak and use the paddle to stay straight. :)

I'm not talking Edisto Beach.... that is the Edisto River. This is the South fork that I'm talking about. It originates near the family land about an hour and half south of you. Might be less. Check the mileage to Ridge Spring, SC. There is a North fork too. Never been down it though. They merge south of Aiken somewhere iirc to form the Edisto Rive which dumps out at Edisto Island iirc.

How many miles are we talking about floating? Farthest I've been is about 12 miles.

IDK I have never checked it and don't really have a way to check it. not more then a mile or two I don't think. Google maps show Abbeville about 65 miles from the house. So about hour and half drive sense its all back roads.

Back