• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Flew to Tampa this afternoon to go work some magic on a couple of switches tomorrow. Wasn't aware I was coming down here today until I walked in the door this morning....which is pretty standard practice for the company I work for unfortunately.

Could be worse...its 75 degrees with a light breeze the smell of ocean in the air...and it's supposed to be in the mid 80s tomorrow. Beats the hell out of anywhere up north right now!

Flew to Tampa this afternoon to go work some magic on a couple of switches tomorrow. Wasn't aware I was coming down here today until I walked in the door this morning....which is pretty standard practice for the company I work for unfortunately.

Could be worse...its 75 degrees with a light breeze the smell of ocean in the air...and it's supposed to be in the mid 80s tomorrow. Beats the hell out of anywhere up north right now!
gotta say, i'm jealous. my job sends me to detroit twice a week. still though, i haven't had a better job than this in my life, so i'm likely to stick around a while.:cheers:
my best buddy in the whole world came to see me from charleston, sc this weekend. we went camping/drinking, and did some light mudsloppin the next morning. my little xj is coming along, at least as far as getting more and more trail worthy goes! i didn't get many pics, or even video worth watching, but i'll post what footage i did get just to prove that the 4wd works, and that my junk has been off the pavement a bit:

9E7064F8-5F5E-4BFD-BF64-36081952D418-14892-0000141FF099D09A_zps983b54e0.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah rub it in.....we all know you'll be a lobster tomorrow!

i got my alternator in to the big jeep and had to take the big girl out for a joyride. im using my tablet so my attachments are not working for some reason. pics soon to follow.

2013-03-31 14.16.01.jpg 2013-03-31 14.15.49.jpg

Last edited:

What kinda work do you do?

What kinda work do you do?

I'm a project enginner for a company that manufactures switches for transmission lines and substations. So I'm usually traveling around the country to adjust and inspect our product once its been installed either on a pole or in a substation. All of our customers are utility companies, so the travel consists of anywhere in the US pretty much. 9 times out of 10 I don't get address to the job sites, but GPS coordinates instead...

I'm a project enginner for a company that manufactures switches for transmission lines and substations. So I'm usually traveling around the country to adjust and inspect our product once its been installed either on a pole or in a substation. All of our customers are utility companies, so the travel consists of anywhere in the US pretty much. 9 times out of 10 I don't get address to the job sites, but GPS coordinates instead...

He's also a lobster as soon as he is exposed to sunlight. :D

Its pouring down snow! WTH! Its April!!! I have never seen snow in April in Roanoke. Someone needs to find Al Gore and take that damn Noble Piece Prize away from him that he got for discovering global warming LOL!

0404131531.jpg

0404131646.jpg

0404131613.jpg

0404131610.jpg

Yesterday I was getting the kayaks ready for bass fishing, it was sunny and 55!
Today, this crap
0404131532.jpg

The snow finally stopped. We ended up with 4" of slushy wet snow. The mountains got anywhere from 6-10"

If it had been colder we would have ended up with a foot or more of snow.

Have fun with winter, we got tired of it up here and figured you could use it.

yeah up here spring was two weeks ago... last week it went back to fall again... early this week it was winter, now it's nearly summer.

Can't make up its mind what it wants to do, I was really hoping for a long spring myself.

yeah up here spring was two weeks ago... last week it went back to fall again... early this week it was winter, now it's nearly summer.

Can't make up its mind what it wants to do, I was really hoping for a long spring myself.

Its supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow and then on to the upper 60's this weekend. I can't wait.

Back