• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

We got sleet on and off yesterday morning. Driving to work and I thought...hmm...that sounds like something other than rain. Stopped at a light and could see ice pellets bouncing off the hood.

It's supposed to be back in the 70's beginning tomorrow. Mother nature needs to get her crap together...

We got sleet on and off yesterday morning. Driving to work and I thought...hmm...that sounds like something other than rain. Stopped at a light and could see ice pellets bouncing off the hood.

It's supposed to be back in the 70's beginning tomorrow. Mother nature needs to get her crap together...

Sounds like lake weather to me.

After seeing the Braves home opener and Conan taping in Atlanta this weekend should be pretty good as well! Hoping to get my shackle relocation boxes and degree shims installed and my rear swaybar removed!

Messed around with a couple of my buddies' xj's then went wheelin! I hydrolocked my motor, and after pulling the plugs and drying everything out, it started and ran great again!

Messed around with a couple of my buddies' xj's then went wheelin! I hydrolocked my motor, and after pulling the plugs and drying everything out, it started and ran great again!

Its days are numbered....give it a couple hundred miles and i'll bet it won't be running so great anymore.

Spent Saturday at Auto Fair with my dad and some old friends of ours, Saturday night at the bachelor party for my soon to be brother in law, and Sunday back at Auto Fair for a little while.

Went to DFW, Texas for the weekend.

We ate, drank, Watched a Rangers ball game, drank, ate, drank, walked, drank, etc...

We had a good time.

Observation of the weekend. Texas is flat.

Oh yeah. On the way home I swang by Stump's house to pick up the steel to start building my bumper.

Last edited:
Worked on my IH project.

Its days are numbered....give it a couple hundred miles and i'll bet it won't be running so great anymore.

I hope that isn't the case. I didn't try to start it or anything just got pulled onto solid ground and took the plugs out. We made sure to get any mud and water out of the throttle body and air box, and there was no more water in the cylinders. I hydrolocked a renix motor with over 200k on it a few years ago, and pull started it without doing anything else and it bent the valves. It rattled like crazy at high rpm, but I still ran it for another year before deciding to swap it- DD and wheeling both!

I hope that isn't the case. I didn't try to start it or anything just got pulled onto solid ground and took the plugs out. We made sure to get any mud and water out of the throttle body and air box, and there was no more water in the cylinders. I hydrolocked a renix motor with over 200k on it a few years ago, and pull started it without doing anything else and it bent the valves. It rattled like crazy at high rpm, but I still ran it for another year before deciding to swap it- DD and wheeling both!

lol, You'd think you would have learned to stay out of deep water by now.

lol, You'd think you would have learned to stay out of deep water by now.

It actually wasn't even that deep, I just went too fast :(
I don't care, really. It's a $300 toy, and 4.0's aren't exactly rare. At least it wasn't deep enough to kill electrical stuff this time. The second 4.0 I hydrolocked still wouldn't run right after being swapped due to electrical issues. I swapped every sensor, and even the computer, to no avail. I later traded the nicest Xj I ever owned for a motorcycle...

Wifes xj is down to 285x75x16's with 1.5" wheel spacers to kick them out some.
need to order some 3.5" springs and pull the spacers out of the front

Went to DFW, Texas for the weekend.

We ate, drank, Watched a Rangers ball game, drank, ate, drank, walked, drank, etc...

We had a good time.

Observation of the weekend. Texas is flat.

Oh yeah. On the way home I swang by Stump's house to pick up the steel to start building my bumper.

Dang, I wish I'd known. I live two miles from Stump and spent most of Saturday morning there!

Just saw a photo of our own Tyler and Bombshell Betty in the March edition of Off Road Adventures magazine.

Back