• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I built the head-ache rack/canoe/kayak/ladder rack for the MJ today. My son is an avid kayak fisherman and a 13' yak will not fit in a 7" bed very well!

I made it out of steel and pipe, all bought at Lowes by my son for less than $100. I had the expanded steel laying around but the rest was all purchased.

He is going to paint it tomorrow and I will mount it on Sunday. Note: Comanche beds are not the same width front to back! The front of the bed is wider than the rear by 1"(glad I measured)

0412131546.jpg

0412131547.jpg

0412131547a.jpg

I found a full set of 4 manual crank window doors for a 96- in condition today that I wanted but didn't have time to pull them.

I did find some parts for my Silverado tho. Saved me 200 bucks.

I found a full set of 4 manual crank window doors for a 96- in condition today that I wanted but didn't have time to pull them.

I did find some parts for my Silverado tho. Saved me 200 bucks.

Do you need doors? I have the ones from the 91 I was going to turn into half doors, but I'll probably never get around to it. They're power.

Watched my sister get married this weekend, and had the honor of being a groomsman in it. Couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect day at the venue which was tucked away in the foothills of NC. Not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze, and 75 degree temps.

However, 12 hours in a tux with the most uncomfortable pair of shoes i've ever worn in my life made for a very tired me for the rest of the weekend.

I found a power steering leak on my ride. It looks like the bottom of the pump and reservoir are all wet and it is running down the lower radiator hose. I think I'll fix it after the M&G.

I need something for solo fishing in a pond full of sticks and stumps. Do they have live wells or what? any suggestions for me to start my research would be great.

I need something for solo fishing in a pond full of sticks and stumps. Do they have live wells or what? any suggestions for me to start my research would be great.

Mine doesn't have a live well, no.

I also have a pair of Old Towne Angler Trip10's. They're great fishing boats.

Very similar to that Field and Stream boat.

Do you need doors? I have the ones from the 91 I was going to turn into half doors, but I'll probably never get around to it. They're power.

Ah, missed this originally.

No, I don't necessarily need doors. I'd just like to put all manual doors on the trail rig so I don't have to fool with the wiring harness in the door when I take the doors on and off.

Most fishing kayaks have a molded place in the hull to hold a bait bucket behind the seat, then all you need is one of those "Mr Bubbles" battery operated aerators and a lid to keep the shiners from escaping. I'm a artificial bait only fisherman so I haven't tried a bait bucket on the yak yet.

The Field and Stream yak that my son has is fishing ready for around $500. It tracks good on flat water and can handle class 1's with ease. I wouldn't try anything bigger than a "1" on a yak that big, need a squirt boat for that stuff.

Most fishing kayaks have a molded place in the hull to hold a bait bucket behind the seat, then all you need is one of those "Mr Bubbles" battery operated aerators and a lid to keep the shiners from escaping. I'm a artificial bait only fisherman so I haven't tried a bait bucket on the yak yet.

The Field and Stream yak that my son has is fishing ready for around $500. It tracks good on flat water and can handle class 1's with ease. I wouldn't try anything bigger than a "1" on a yak that big, need a squirt boat for that stuff.

We hit class 2ish with ours frequently. lol I wouldn't say it was ideal but we were still floating on the other side. kinda.

Oh I meant for the fish I catch. Mostly fish family owned ponds and fishing out of the uncles 14' john boat can be a pain when you are alone. It's not easy to put that thing in the bed of my truck alone.

Oh I meant for the fish I catch. Mostly fish family owned ponds and fishing out of the uncles 14' john boat can be a pain when you are alone. It's not easy to put that thing in the bed of my truck alone.

Oh! I would think you could still get a few fish in a 5 gallon bucket, not many big bass though. Crappie/panfish/small channel cats wouldn't be a issue.

Back