• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Haha. I found this picture of my dad's wife's XJ from way back in the day.

Poor thing.

2013-03-27_18-15-23_755_zpsc9f9deed.jpg

Well, its sorta a long story about how I got it, but its not brand new. Its got 1900 miles on it. Guy traded it in today and the dealer sold it to me for what he got. Guy let me drive it before the deal happened and everything and itall fell into place. He paid $60,000 for it... Lets just say he took a BIG loss by selling it to me.

Spent the day at Uwharrie for the Jamboree/Opening Weekend festivities. Had a blast wheelin with everybody, and glad Doug made the drive down to hang out and play.

It was definitely a much needed day away from the normal every day grind. Pics to come once Doug gets them off his camera...

Spent the day at Uwharrie for the Jamboree/Opening Weekend festivities. Had a blast wheelin with everybody, and glad Doug made the drive down to hang out and play.

It was definitely a much needed day away from the normal every day grind. Pics to come once Doug gets them off his camera...

pics tomorrow....good day.

Wish I knew you were coming down Doug, would have loved to Meet ya, Spent the whole day at Uwharrie, ran the the trails with some of my buddies, Saw Glenn a few times on the fly. Some buddies of mine ran daniel early afternoon and have some shots with Glenn, but I had ridden with some other friends early on for a memorial ride.

I need to stay more active on here for these events.

Said Hey To Tim at the tent... that was about it for the NAXJA crowd.

Took the XJ on 33's up the nasty line on the right side of upper daniel, lost my exhaust and crushed the driver rocker panel, burned alot of rubber, but made it to the top to see a group of jaws dropped. I can live with that haha

580159_10200526033089499_216903154_n.jpg

625656_10200532996343576_608484913_n.jpg

My bro killed his ball joints on his XJ friday night, busted shafts... Literally 20 feet from camp, tried to come up a steep ass hill to the camp site and welded diff and stock shafts got the best of him haha.

575872_10200532998743636_646211159_n.jpg

Random picture of my Buddy Jon checking his air pressure next to the man, the legend, Ghost!
528260_10200532999543656_2140582099_n.jpg

Ghost again...

the only picture I have so far involving me, my co pilot took this coming up the upper right side of daniel...
536192_10151507239822207_1700973390_n.jpg

The driver was from out of town. (Up north. Michigan, maybe) She was following her husband who was driving a motor home. They were headed to the camp ground. He didn't notice she wasn't behind for almost 20 miles... by the time he made it back the coroner was there to tell him the bad news.

They had just bought the Jeep from Lyman SC on 3/13/13.

:( Sad day.

The driver was from out of town. (Up north. Michigan, maybe) She was following her husband who was driving a motor home. They were headed to the camp ground. He didn't notice she wasn't behind for almost 20 miles... by the time he made it back the coroner was there to tell him the bad news.

They had just bought the Jeep from Lyman SC on 3/13/13.

:( Sad day.

That sucks!

Got my 00 Xj ready for the interior transplant. Once I am done with the inside it will be time to do a engine swap.
20130331_134906_zpsd963f02e.jpg

When did you get into an XJ? What engine are you swapping in? LS?

When did you get into an XJ? What engine are you swapping in? LS?
That is xj number 5 for me and it will be a DD for me. Right now I have a 00 (the one in the pic) and a lightly hit 98 (pic below).
I am going back and forth between puting in the 5.3 ls I have and just taking the motor out of the 98. I have a couple of weeks to decide.

2_zpsffc0d429.jpg

So...got some free time and decided I'd try to swap my old hood off and put the new one on.
That shit is not fun to do solo with 35s in a super inclined driveway with 20mph gusts of wind.
I finally got that shit mounted. Never again

Back