• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Built one of two axle racks so that Glenn can start the cleaning and painting and repair on the MJ axles:

IMG_2244_zps08a41bdf.jpg

Also tried to get the broken stub shaft of My D60 spares and the caps were basically rusted to the shafts! I guess those tack welds on the caps were not needed after all!

IMG_2242_zps1152aa1a.jpg

So now on top of a set of 297 joints I need to order at least one D60 joint what ever that is!

we had a hail storm while i was at my part time weekend hustle (O'Reilly Auto Parts), and my jeep was back home in pieces in the garage, so I had to come up with a safe place to put my DD. So I stuck Ol' Casper in the stock room at the parts house....

E53CC2FE-75A7-4C1E-A4A8-251CC690908B-10284-00000ECC080641B7_zps8255a153.jpg

kinda tight through that door, but he made it.:viking:

Built one of two axle racks so that Glenn can start the cleaning and painting and repair on the MJ axles:

IMG_2244_zps08a41bdf.jpg

Also tried to get the broken stub shaft of My D60 spares and the caps were basically rusted to the shafts! I guess those tack welds on the caps were not needed after all!

IMG_2242_zps1152aa1a.jpg

So now on top of a set of 297 joints I need to order at least one D60 joint what ever that is!
You probably want SPL55-4x for a greasable Spicer joint or 5-806x for a nongreasable. Or an Ouverson OEM-1803 made from 300M if you like spending $275 on a ujoint :jester:

You probably want 5-760x not 5-297x for the d30 shafts... though I think they'll give you a 760 if you ask for a 297 these days anyways. Greasable is a different part number, the only one I can find is Neapco 1-0174.

we had a hail storm while i was at my part time weekend hustle (O'Reilly Auto Parts), and my jeep was back home in pieces in the garage, so I had to come up with a safe place to put my DD. So I stuck Ol' Casper in the stock room at the parts house....

E53CC2FE-75A7-4C1E-A4A8-251CC690908B-10284-00000ECC080641B7_zps8255a153.jpg

kinda tight through that door, but he made it.:viking:

HA! Your Oreilly's looks identical to the way the one I worked was set up. I used to park my motorcycle in that same spot all the time.

I kinda miss working there.

HA! Your Oreilly's looks identical to the way the one I worked was set up. I used to park my motorcycle in that same spot all the time.

I kinda miss working there.

Yeah, I think they kinda tried to keep it uniform. I work there one or two days a week, but not really for extra money as much as a killer discount. The money barely pays for the gas to get there...

Yeah, the employee discount there is awesome.

When I worked there I got questioned by the loss prevention guy.... He couldn't understand how I was spending more money with the store than I was earning.

He said I had to be doing something shady...

$129 batteries cost $45. 6 dollar light bulbs cost $0.18... Killer prices.

No luck on oil though. :(

Haha I had that same meeting with lp when I was working full time. I started showing him pictures of all the crap I was building, and he just told me to back off a bit. I still spend more money at Oreilly than I do on groceries ;)

You know if you were bored I have a garage that we could have done that evap and heater core in.... just sayin!

I didn't say I was bored...lol. Actually, a day of nothing was kind of in order. About the only thing I did Sunday was a trip to Lowes to start pricing out some stuff for the house.

got my front driveshaft off the old tcase and back in the jeep. i have 4wd now! now that it's as good as stock, time to start actually modifying stuff! I think I've decided that the bridgestone dueler revo's suck in the mud, although for the last couple of years i've been wheeling with lockers and mud tires, so at's and open diffs are naturally gonna suck, lol.

I finally got around to checking on my Silverado's heat issue. I back flushed the heater core. I stuck the hose in the inlet side to see how much it flowed... Nothing. I put the hose on the outlet side to back flush and all kinds of crap came out.

Also swapped the thermostat while it was apart.

I think I'll be happy with my heat tomorrow after I pick up a union to put the heater hose back together where I had to cut it.

Now, the waiting game to see how long it'll be before I have to replace the heater core...

Heading to Charlotte NC tomorrow to shop at Bass Pro and the rest of the mall with my wife. Saturday we are off to Charlottsville VA to watch UVA Lacrosse play Maryland.

My wife has surgery Monday and will be off her feet for a few days so gonna enjoy the nice weather and the time off while we can.

I won't be working on any Jeeps until she feels better.

Well drove to the middle of freaking nowhere to pull a stuck rig out of some mud about 40mins ago. Kinda funny seeing an xterra try to pull out a dodge dakota and fail miserably. My lil yota did work.

Heading to Charlotte NC tomorrow to shop at Bass Pro and the rest of the mall with my wife. Saturday we are off to Charlottsville VA to watch UVA Lacrosse play Maryland.

My wife has surgery Monday and will be off her feet for a few days so gonna enjoy the nice weather and the time off while we can.

I won't be working on any Jeeps until she feels better.

Crap....if I wasn't working today, i'd come meet you for lunch!

We just got in, I'm whooped! The Hemi Commander averaged 18.5 round trip pushing it hard. I went down 220-68-85 through High Point and came home 77-81

I was in Bass Pro all of 5min and spent $0. The place was so crowded that I couldn't get through the isle ways so I just left. We have a Gander Mtn hear in Roanoke that has the same stuff in it.

My wife had a great time and spent lots of money and wore me out walking around LOL!

Sorry I didn't meet up with any of you all but I'm sure we will go back again and not on a holiday weekend.

got all packed up for a trip to west TN to see some old friends, and some family. tonight we are going camping, and it is a nice little wheelin trip to get to our campsite. a few really steep, sandy, muddy hills, and a few mudholes that after a good rain are probably best just to avoid altogether. no way to get back there without 4wd, and a good dose of skinny pedal.
before we leave, i decided that i'd like my rims better black, so i painted them.
oh yeah, and my buddy got an oddly specific fortune cookie....

pics:

31B912A8-66D0-45A5-8FF2-63DC16005D35-13233-00001318D7F163CA_zps80a61a3a.jpg

CD4FD952-27F8-472B-84F0-FF12780C98EA-12607-00001268C82A3F22_zpsc91b2100.jpg

oh yeah, and I saw a pretty cool 2door last night:
E8B78AC9-A474-4DBF-9DCF-CA0ACE20D81E-13233-0000131902ECD7A7_zps40d06c2e.jpg

all crappy photos courtesy of crappy cellphone cameras, lol..

Back