• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

My jeep did that recently and when Tim and Nick were here we checked it out... ended up I was low on fluid... who knew? :dunno:

Avon is getting donated this weekend to a good cause. kinda ironic. The guy i bought it from is getting it back only lifted, chopped and running great.
Time to start fresh on a new project

yeah.. he's cool with it. he's going to finish the rollcage and wheel it in Ocala FL..There are rock quaries there.. im fine with it. Since i moved my new house doesnt have room for the beast.

Truck runs at 200* on the dot. I ran it up to temp on my lunch break and put my hand on the heater hoses. Both appear to be the same temperature.

Blend door maybe. :dunno:

Also a very good possibility. Does it have dual automatic climate control?

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked. Coolant level is good. Granted, there could be air in the system...

It is a closed loop system so air bubbles are harder to deal with, the plastic tank is under pressure. It's a 20$ thermostat too :D it comes with a new front housing like a Saab, easiest change ever.

The blend door in mine didn't like to change while moving at highway speed, it only would switch At idle and low speed

It is a closed loop system so air bubbles are harder to deal with, the plastic tank is under pressure. It's a 20$ thermostat too :D it comes with a new front housing like a Saab, easiest change ever.

The blend door in mine didn't like to change while moving at highway speed, it only would switch At idle and low speed

Interesting. I may at least check for air.

The blend door seems to be changing correctly. Maybe it's not moving all the way over to the heat side. It does swap from hot to cold and back on command. It just doesn't get as hot as I think it should.

I got my transfer case out, planning to install the newish one tomorrow afternoon. I still lack one bolt getting the front driveshaft off the old case, so I gotta figure that one out (rounded off). I played around with shifting the old one into 4wd, but it never engages the front shaft

Do yourself a favor and buy a 5/16 6 point box wrench and a 5/16 1/4-drive 6 point socket plus a 1/4 ratchet. Best thing to own when you have to pull a driveshaft, I haven't rounded one of those in years now.

edit: oh, and dremel the head off. Take the stub out after.

Do yourself a favor and buy a 5/16 6 point box wrench and a 5/16 1/4-drive 6 point socket plus a 1/4 ratchet. Best thing to own when you have to pull a driveshaft, I haven't rounded one of those in years now.

edit: oh, and dremel the head off. Take the stub out after.

Thanks dude. I have all those things, but apparently the PO didn't, lol... Not to mention this jeep came from Pennsylvania originally, then was in New Jersey for several years, then came to Tennessee. Good thing it was cheap!

Sweet!

PLAT_zps730352dd.jpg

No I just have to get DHEC out to test for septic... This stuff is a PITA.

New chinese all aluminum radiator, tranny cooler and power steering cooler. Another gallon of antifreeze, since the radiator started to leak after I changed it the first time. Replaced the missing bolts for the radiator support and found some new nuts for the radiator mounts on the top. It actually has all of its fasteners holding the front end together now.

Put gear oil in the front diff. Ever have your wife ask you why your gallon of 85-140 is in the oven?

Pulled the winch rope and respooled it. I had to take the winch off to take the header panel off, but I have a thimble, so it has to stay through the fairlead. Replaced some lock washers for the winch bolts and retorqued everything down.

I'm fairly certain that the transmission was running hot, since it was cooking the cps and shutting the jeep off and because the fluid that came out when I cut the lines was darker than I'd like to see. I'll probably change it after this weekend. I just don't have anymore time.

Got all 100 pages of paperwork back to the lender for the new house on Friday morning, and did the inspection with the inspector on it Friday afternoon. 3.5 hours spent crawling all over and under every square inch of the house looking for any problems. Found absolutely nothing wrong with it other than a few very minor cosmetic issues here and there...but on an 11 year old house that's to be expected. Hopefully with all the paperwork in and the clean bill of health from the inspector, it'll be smooth sailing from now until April 18th.

Pulled a cracked brake pad off my buddy's WRX yesterday afternoon. It was only two weeks old, but that's what he gets for going with the "eBay special"....

Went out with some friends for a little while last night, and did absolutely nothing today since it's been 40 degrees and raining all day. Didn't it officially turn Spring a few days ago.....?

Got all 100 pages of paperwork back to the lender for the new house on Friday morning, and did the inspection with the inspector on it Friday afternoon. 3.5 hours spent crawling all over and under every square inch of the house looking for any problems. Found absolutely nothing wrong with it other than a few very minor cosmetic issues here and there...but on an 11 year old house that's to be expected. Hopefully with all the paperwork in and the clean bill of health from the inspector, it'll be smooth sailing from now until April 18th.

Pulled a cracked brake pad off my buddy's WRX yesterday afternoon. It was only two weeks old, but that's what he gets for going with the "eBay special"....

Went out with some friends for a little while last night, and did absolutely nothing today since it's been 40 degrees and raining all day. Didn't it officially turn Spring a few days ago.....?

You know if you were bored I have a garage that we could have done that evap and heater core in.... just sayin!

Back