• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got a good start on cage
Still have alot of bars to put in to strengthen it up but its coming along
14th idk it will be close still have to finish cage make upper link and do limiting straps

Last edited:
Purdy. Good thing you took a picture. They'll be rusty as hell in a couple days. :)

Ya making it to Gulches on the 14th, right?

im hoping to. still got to
get 2 np231 yokes to swap out the 300.
seal up the 300
shifters
drive shafts both
drill n tap steering box
mount ram
bleed brakes
and full custom exhaust.
bump stops
limit straps (maybe)

WHo needs limit straps?

If they work like that yes it will be okay for NOW but still doing straps

Fuel filter yesterday- no problem!!!

Cut and fold rear quarters today. Gonna have to plate them I'm thinking. The inner quarter panel was rusted enough to pull away from the rest of the body when I folded it. thinking I might have to actually buy a welder and learn how to weld.....:gee:

Got a good start on cage
14th idk it will be close still have to finish cage make upper link and do limiting straps

Geez that thing should have a turret in it with belt fed machine guns all over it...

Kinda the look I was going for
But better offroad
Tons to come soon

Got a good start on cage

how much head room are you gonna have in that after it's all done? It looks like a noggin-knocker from this angle!

Auctually a lil taller then stock by about 1" and thats because of the center upward bend
With the seats I have now when I had a roof I was about 3" or 4" from roof I
I have taller seats out of a "fancy" car but plan on some 5 point seats soon so it will lower it back down some
Might have to get some pipe covering if I think im going to hit my head

I think I remember something like 3" of clearance for each foot of harness from building race car cages, but it's been a while.

definitely want some high density padding

next time take a pic of it standing up not on the ground looking up.. it makes the angles look messed up!

so i scored a oem body panel style tire carrier. super awesome:party: but after about two days of looking at old threads, it seems everyone says it should hold no larger than a 31" tire. anybody know where this number came from? i've searched for broken mounts or specs or anything that results in that number but it seems everyone believes that is the max size cuz everyone says it is. anybody have any experience with this?

i think its cause the body mounts are mounted to the sheet metal. if there was a brace behind it to spread the load i'd think it could hold a 33 fine.

i think its cause the body mounts are mounted to the sheet metal. if there was a brace behind it to spread the load i'd think it could hold a 33 fine.

thats what i was thinking too. should be good with a 1/16" doubler to spread out the weight to about a 12" area.

Well I finally got registered to start taking welding classes this thursday and Lanier Tech! I'm pretty excited to learn how to weld its always interested me. Wish me luck!

Well today started thinking about my tunner in my 04 powerstroke and how I didnt think it was working so long story short it wasnt.....havent had truck long and wasnt on there when I bought it but talked to the guy that sold it to them he said he had a tuner on it bought it from him and didnt work but I didnt know...... so i called bullydog told them about my truck buying experience and how the tuner was on it but dealer erased it so they unlocked it for me for free!!! Usually $100
Wow what a diffrence
I thought my truck had power before and it was all stock mostly
Was smiling ear to ear just as much when I went wheeling with front locker for the first time

Not a short story sry

Last edited:
it seems everyone says it should hold no larger than a 31" tire. anybody know where this number came from? i've searched for broken mounts or specs or anything that results in that number but it seems everyone believes that is the max size cuz everyone says it is. anybody have any experience with this?

I'm still waiting for mine to fall off with the 33" on it......... I'm not ready to say that it'll hold up to Jeepspeed with a 33" tire, but I think it's fairly safe for spare tire duty.

I'm pretty sure that if you drop off an obstacle onto the tire, it's gonna pretzel into a mess, but with a little reinforcement of the actual wheel mounting platform it's not gonna explode on East Coast trails.

P.S. if you decide not to use it..........DIBS.......

Back