• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I really need to get together with some peeps and have a wrenchfest so I can take my MJ with me.

We're meeting @ Stumps first of next month. I KNOW you're coming!!!!

so i scored a oem body panel style tire carrier. super awesome:party: but after about two days of looking at old threads, it seems everyone says it should hold no larger than a 31" tire. anybody know where this number came from? i've searched for broken mounts or specs or anything that results in that number but it seems everyone believes that is the max size cuz everyone says it is. anybody have any experience with this?

It actually has some fairly significan't support in the quarter panel. Did you get those brackets?

I also have a spare tire carrier. I've yet to install it but I pulled it all the last time I went to the PAP.

In all, it has the latch that goes in the bumper, the brackets that bolt behind the bumper end cap, and the brackets inside the quarter panel (These were a pain to get to.)

With all of that I don't see any reason it wouldn't hold a 33" tire.

Well today started thinking about my tunner in my 04 powerstroke and how I didnt think it was working so long story short it wasnt.....havent had truck long and wasnt on there when I bought it but talked to the guy that sold it to them he said he had a tuner on it bought it from him and didnt work but I didnt know...... so i called bullydog told them about my truck buying experience and how the tuner was on it but dealer erased it so they unlocked it for me for free!!! Usually $100
Wow what a diffrence
I thought my truck had power before and it was all stock mostly
Was smiling ear to ear just as much when I went wheeling with front locker for the first time

Not a short story sry

Next time I come by you owe me a ride in it. Wasn't aware it had a tuner on it a couple of weeks ago or I would have requested one then :D

I'd watch that boost psi...

Dad's truck had a Bully Dog programmer in it and after a while of running 25psi-40psi on hard pulls it blew out the oil pressure sensor... Which tells the truck there is no oil pressure. Then it shuts off and won't start until you replace the sensor.

1200 bucks...

@lowrange, I got the bracket that goes behind the bumper hinge, behind the quater panel hinge and behind the bumper lock mount. With all three being pretty beefy I figure this should hold up solid. But some sheet metal doublers cant hurt. Also got the license light and the rubber hatch bumper.

@lowrange, I got the bracket that goes behind the bumper hinge, behind the quater panel hinge and behind the bumper lock mount. With all three being pretty beefy I figure this should hold up solid. But some sheet metal doublers cant hurt. Also got the license light and the rubber hatch bumper.
i had one of those carriers on my ol' xj and kept a 32 back there for years with no issues, although i did weld on a piece of channel iron with some new bolts through it so it would hold the tire on a stock rim.....

You'll be fine. Throw some 40's on it.

I doubt I'll ever install the one on mine. I don't have the license plate light or the bumper end cap. I'm rather hesitant to drill holes in my quarter panels.

Come by this weekend I could use a hand
Ill give u a quick ride lol
Maybe race a cummins if hes up for it ;)

Btw it has paramaters (spelling sry) if I hit 30 it will defuel and temps of oil, trans, coolant ect.

Last edited:

Btw it has paramaters (spelling sry) if I hit 30 it will defuel and temps of oil, trans, coolant ect.

I may hit you up. Friend of mine is supposed to be bringing his Civic by for me to look at...again. Leaking coolant (again) after doing a timing belt and water pump on it a couple of months ago.

hey now. i dont havea race truck, its a dually if that says much hahahah

and i cant loose if i dont race :twak:

102" whip mounted (testing the feasability on my bumper before hooking anything up to it- so far so good...)

JY rear aux lights mounted (just need to wire them...)

Stripped Jeep and Cherokee badges off

Velcro mounted my ipod to the front of my dash to keep it from flopping around my center console and or change tray.

Seems I may have to replace my water pump soon since I have some "howling" at idle coming from that area and some noticable sqeaking while driving to work early in the cold of the morn.

Blower protested rather rudely this morning before allowing the heat to come on as well.

damned 16 year old Jeeps...

I really need to get together with some peeps and have a wrenchfest so I can take my MJ with me.

You never mentioned anything in the thread we were discussing it (the thread with me looking for a set of doors). I assumed you would be coming down that weekend that Mark is gonna be here? Mark mentioned he would be able to make it down Friday, so we should have time for your stuff on Sat afternoon and all day Sunday. Let me know what you think?

We're meeting @ Stumps first of next month. I KNOW you're coming!!!!

Dates are Feb 3rd, 4th and 5th. :D

I don't want to take up all the time that you need. But I could use some troubleshooting help. :roflmao:

You likely could use lots of help in many ways, no? :D

Chili at Stump's?? SuperBowl Party??? What's the date?:thumbup:

Date is above Andy, you are always welcome sir. Not even sure when the superbowl is, but I have a flatscreen out in the shop. :greensmok

Perhaps someone should setup a "Stumps Wrenchfest" thread to hash out the details? :repair:

Date is above Andy, you are always welcome sir. Not even sure when the superbowl is, but I have a flatscreen out in the shop. :greensmok

Dude... YOU are tempting me... Super Bowl is Sunday Feb 5th. It'll be too late for us Bham guys to hang out for that. BUT... Saturday... maybe some Pre-SuperBowl garage time... and I haven't met the newest Stumpet yet either .... maybe we could make this work.... DrRandy? :viking:

I need my cherokee badges lol about all thats left
Suppose to get better fuel mileage but I keep getting on it,
Maybe I will caculate the next tank

Last edited:
Back